Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:49 AM

Lagos Task Force Arrests Fake Female Beggar, Son - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Task Force Arrests Fake Female Beggar, Son (413 Views)

Anambra Female Beggar Pretending To Be Burnt With Makeup Escapes Jungle Justice / Lagos Task Force Arrests 76 Hoodlums In One Night At Oshodi (Photos) / Female Beggar Pretending To Be Crippled Busted Behind Govt House In Bauchi.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lagos Task Force Arrests Fake Female Beggar, Son by alade112(m): 4:10pm On Sep 22, 2016
A fake street beggar, 40 years old Mrs Chinagoro Uwenke who uses her son to beg for alms was arrested by operatives of Lagos State Environmental and Special Offences Unit (Task Force) at Oshodi Thursday.
Chairman of the Task Force, Olayinka Egbeyemi, a Superintendent of Police (SP) while parading the suspect disclosed that there were many fake beggars pretending and deceiving innocent members of the public with different illnesses/diseases.
According to a release from the task force, the suspect, Mrs. Uwenke confirmed that she bandaged her son’s leg with two rolls of white bandage and poured GV blue ink on the leg every day in order to deceived members of the public to give arms to the innocent boy.
She said they both live at Oloko-danna near Ijora-Olopa area at Oyingbo and that she stopped her son schooling in JSS II at Oworebiri Secondary School at Ata Town in Abia State for street begging when she realised that it was a lucrative business where she made N3,500 to N5,000 on daily basis.
According to the release, the woman said “I brought my son, Sunny Uwenke, 11 years old to Lagos five years ago to beg for arms while the remaining five children are at Ata Town in Abia State with their father”.
She further confirmed that she made much money from arms at Oshodi than any other area of Lagos because of higher influx of people around the area.
“She however pleaded with the government not to charge her to court as she is ready to go back to her town and re-unite with her family voluntarily.”
Reacting to the arrest, Egbeyemi stated that the Agency is collaborating with relevant government Ministries, Agencies and Departments “to get rid of these beggars on streets/roads of Lagos

The Chairman stated further that religiously, people should stop apportioning fake killer diseases / illnesses to themselves in order to attract sympathy from the public.
Egbeyemi said the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni has directed that the suspect be immediately charged to court.

http://thenationonlineng.net/lagos-task-force-arrests-fake-female-beggar-son/
Re: Lagos Task Force Arrests Fake Female Beggar, Son by ahamonyeka(m): 4:22pm On Sep 22, 2016
NCAN checkers where una dey cos I be member and this one Ms own peson.but make government also make sure they get rid of the other people cos their own is as if they studied it in the higher Institution.
Re: Lagos Task Force Arrests Fake Female Beggar, Son by Movic1(m): 4:32pm On Sep 22, 2016
She said they both live at Oloko-danna near Ijora-Olopa area at Oyingbo and that she stopped her son schooling in JSS II at Oworebiri Secondary School at Ata Town in Abia State for street begging when she realised that it was a lucrative business where she made N3,500 to N5,000 on daily basis.
According to the release, the woman said “I brought my son, Sunny Uwenke, 11 years old to Lagos five years ago to beg for arms while the remaining five children are at Ata Town in Abia State with their father”.

Wow. Dat's how they developed lagos and Abuja. All the way from abia to beg for money I thought our blodas said they don't av beggers[Almajiri] from that part of the country called b2A

(1) (Reply)

A Corps Member Slumps, Dies In Bayelsa / Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu's Trial Begins Today / Teenager Sentenced To 10 Strokes For Stealing Generator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.