Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana (13950 Views)

It Is Unconstitutional To Force Yoruba Language On Non Yorubas. / Saraki: Banning Of IPOB By Military & South-East Governors Is Unconstitutional / Osinbajo Committee Is Unconstitutional And Should Be Disbanded (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by Limitednow: 4:22pm On Sep 22, 2016
A Human Rights Lawyer, Femi Falana has described the call for the sale of National assets as illegal and against the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Falana said this in his latest article titled: “Sale Of National Assets Is Illegal”, citing contitutional and historical references.

Recall that Senate President, Business magnate, Aliko Aliyu Dangote including the Central bank Governor have called for the sales of Nation’s assets to revive the ailing economy.

But Mr. Falana in the article said: “The sale of national assets is in total conflict with section 16 of the Constitution, which has prohibited the concentration of the nation’s wealth in the hands of a few people or a group.

“It is pertinent to point out that the suggestion is in total conflict with section 16 of the Constitution which has prohibited the concentration of the nation’s wealth in the hands of a few people or a group”.

“Indeed, by section 44 of the Constitution the nation’s natural resources shall be held in trust for the Nigerian people by the federal government. One would have expected senators who swore to protect the Constitution to kick against the suggestion to sell the assets of the nation to a few people.

“But for selfish considerations a few legislators who may be queuing up to participate in the purchase of the nation’s assets are not prepared to defend the Constitution.

“If the Senate is genuinely desirous to contribute meaningfully to the debate on the economy it should, as a matter of urgency, propose a substantial reduction in the jumbo emoluments of federal legislators which are said to be the highest in the world”, Mr. Falana said.

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/09/its-illegal-and-unconstitutional-to-sale-off-national-assets-falana/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by Trut(m): 4:38pm On Sep 22, 2016
Wein concern me? If dem like make dem sale Nigeria join, adon care .

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by sekundosekundo: 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2016
NIGERIAN FOR SALE?, I can't believe this.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by agwom(m): 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2016
Tell them before they sell the whole country!

6 Likes

Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by salabscholar01(m): 5:42pm On Sep 22, 2016
“But for selfish considerations a few legislators who may be queuing up to participate in the purchase of the nation’s assets are not prepared to defend the Constitution"

That's the truth Falana... If these so-called honourables have the ideas to run the assets, on purchase, why can't they present these ideas to the table to help grow the nation? Aside from viewing the unconstitutional aspect of putting the assets on sale, it's purely a bad news for a few individuals in this country to capitalize on our current situation to live large.

We send them there to represent us hoping they do it without their own ulterior motives... They have the ideas to do it, that is why they are there. As a person, if you have ideas, you have the main asset you need, and there isn't any limit to what you can do with your prospects. Ideas are any man's/nation's one of the greatest asset. Another asset, even in this country Nigeria, is not oil and gas. It's integrity. Our honourables are not just honest, they are not integral... I don't like them... They have no truth for us..meanwhile they know the truth! I don't just support that idea of selling our assets please... we need ideas to maintain them, simple!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by ZACHIE: 5:42pm On Sep 22, 2016
Dispose of junks but not assets.

Those Presidential aircraft are junks.

Fork them off.

Warri Refininery had been rendered a junk by its militant youths. Scrap for free.

Keep our Gas subsidiaries please.

Ekiti State is junk.....dash Atiku.

5 Likes

Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by veekid(m): 5:42pm On Sep 22, 2016
Falana? Falz own father?

1 Like

Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by chriskosherbal(m): 5:43pm On Sep 22, 2016
OK I see
Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by KingGeorgey(m): 5:43pm On Sep 22, 2016
They would have told me na... Headed to OLX to put the country up for sale... What's the population now... China doesn't want to buy an overpopulated country now do they? grin

1 Like

Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by DIFY20(f): 5:43pm On Sep 22, 2016
am really interested in knowing the people that give buhari dis ofonja advise.....

who are dey

if dey t sell all this things where will the federal government get money to pay for its utilities..

seriously who is advising buhari

i dont really have problem with buhari but those ewedu and amala dat dont kw anything buhari is hiring

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by ultimate121: 5:43pm On Sep 22, 2016
Im watching in 4D
Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by PrimeEagle(m): 5:43pm On Sep 22, 2016
Abeg sale 9ja 2 rich country, so we can benefit .

11 Likes

Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by Slest4: 5:43pm On Sep 22, 2016
Tell them

1 Like

Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by Johnrake69: 5:44pm On Sep 22, 2016
Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by foody(f): 5:44pm On Sep 22, 2016
for the benefit of those that are not educated in government , you can educate them.

1 Like

Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by jammyunn(m): 5:45pm On Sep 22, 2016
does the law hold "water" for this present govt? everything goes now....

2 Likes

Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by cold(m): 5:45pm On Sep 22, 2016
Falana i see your point. But at the same time holding on to these assets whilst they remain unproductive serves no purpose and adds no value to the already comatose economy.

1 Like

Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by omas1(m): 5:45pm On Sep 22, 2016
undecided I don't subscribe to the idea of selling national assets, they should just sell the country instead.

Nonsense.
Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by repogirl(f): 5:45pm On Sep 22, 2016
Well said!

The legislooters should reduce their salaries and allowances if they are in deed concerned about the economy!

Thieves!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 22, 2016
who know where I fit sell myself any European country is accepted
Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by vanbonattel: 5:47pm On Sep 22, 2016
But its legal for fulani cows to eat yoruba farm crops?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by abumeinben(m): 5:47pm On Sep 22, 2016
This becoming nationally unbecoming..

Only in Buhari era are things reversed...

How can you allow a business man advice you on what to do with national property?
This is blasphemy, Dangote should be arrested, just like that man that named his dog Buhari...

Nawao...shouuuu,,,

Same Buhari used N60m to cancel N25m rail project in the 80s. Wetin be all these na?

Im not into Poli but this guy, with his flashy wife, is becoming globally unbecoming...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by mikewills(m): 5:47pm On Sep 22, 2016
I wonder what is illegal about PRIVATISING public companies. We've been doing it from time immemorial and we will continue doing it.

3 Likes

Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by Clairvoyant(m): 5:48pm On Sep 22, 2016
story... is that so
Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by Johnsonpac(m): 5:48pm On Sep 22, 2016
The defunct NEPA and NITEL that was sold before it was deteriorated nko?
I guess it's constitutional and legal

2 Likes

Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by daiksworld: 5:49pm On Sep 22, 2016
Worse days of our life.it is well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by raycoolman(m): 5:49pm On Sep 22, 2016
ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by EnEnPeecee: 5:49pm On Sep 22, 2016
Help us school the illiterate dullard. Buhari is a monumental disaster to the country.

I weep for my country !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by Ikigia: 5:50pm On Sep 22, 2016
Very right, but many "unconstitutional" stuffs have always been done and celebrated in Nigeria. We are watching......
Re: It's Illegal And Unconstitutional To Sell Off National Assets - Falana by Rett0: 5:51pm On Sep 22, 2016
Dangote can buy n own Nigeria yet Zombies will say he saved the money. But PEJ can't save $5mil...

Buhari simply wants to buy Nigeria through Dangote under the guise of recession.
Let him keep on deceiving the masses that he is fighting corruption.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria To Spend N103 Billion Monthly On Petrol Subsidy / Buhari Is Going For Medical Checkup In London For 2 Weeks / Like Ekiti, Can Tinubu Defeat Every Other Candidate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.