Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

The Difference Between Visitors, Visits, And Page Views - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Difference Between Visitors, Visits, And Page Views (500 Views)

I Have A Blog With More Than 7k+ Daily Page Views For Sale / 40,000 Page Views Earning $30 With Adsense Is It Right / Get 100000 Page Views On Your Blog Within 100 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Difference Between Visitors, Visits, And Page Views by haconjy(m): 5:45am On Sep 23, 2016
All these term are not clear to me cause I thought all are the same but anytime I try to check my site traffic am confuse cause what I expect was not what am gotten. Therefore, I decided to research on the differences between Visit, View, and Visitor.

Well is for some of us that are ignorance of these terms so as to help us gear up our traffic and understand some traffic terms.

Visitor

A visitor is someone who visits your site. A visitor is tracked by the cookie placed in their browser by the www.schoolhelp.com.ng tracking code installed on your site. A single visitor can have multiple visits to your site.

Visit
A visit is anytime a visitor reaches your site from somewhere outside of your website domain. That means the person was on a different site and clicked on a link that took them to your site.

Scenario 1 : A visitor goes to google.com and does a search for "inbound marketing advice". Then, they click on a search result and view www.schoolhelp.com.ng . This is counted as 1 visit.
The visitor had 1 visit to www.schoolhelp.com.ng by clicking on a link from an external domain (google.com ).

Scenario 2 : A visitor goes to
twitter.com/schoolhelpng and clicks on a link from a tweet that brings them to
www.schoolhelp.com.ng . On www.schoolhelp.com.ng forum page, they click on a link in the menu to view
www.schoolhelp.com.ng . This is considered 1 visit by www.schoolhelp.com.ng .
Even though the visitor viewed two different pages on www.schoolhelp.com.ng, their interactions count as 1 visit. This is because they reached www.schoolhelp.com.ng. by clicking on a link from an external site (twitter.com ) for 1 visit but reached www.schoolhelp.com.ng by clicking on a link within the same domain (www.schoolhelp.com.ng ) which is not a separate visit.

Scenario 3 : A visitor goes to google.com and does a search for "inbound marketing advice". They click on a search result and view www.schoolhelp.com.ng Then, they click on a link on www.schoolhelp.com.ng that brings them to twitter.com/schoolhelpng . From schoolhelpng Twitter page, they click on a link from a tweet that brings them to www.schoolhelp.com.ng . This is considered 2 visits by www.schoolhelp.com.ng.

The visitor had 1 visit to www.schoolhelp.com.ng from the external domain (google.com ) and had 1 visit to www.schoolhelp.com.ng from the external domain (twitter.com ). This totals 2 visits .

Page view

A page view is when a page on your site is loaded by a browser. Schoolhelp counts a page view every time the Schoolhelp tracking code is loaded.

Scenario 1 : This example would count 1 page view for www.schoolhelp.com.ng .

Scenario 2 : This example would count 2 page views, 1 page view for www.schoolhelp.com.ng and 1 page view for www.schoolhelp.com.ng .

Scenario 3 : This example would count 2 page views, 1 page view for www.schoolhelp.com.ng and 1 page view for www.schoolhelp.com.ng .

Note : Because Schoolhelp counts a page view every time the tracking code is loaded, if a single page is refreshed multiple times by the same visitor - each refresh would count as its own page view.
Re: The Difference Between Visitors, Visits, And Page Views by HungerBAD: 5:48am On Sep 23, 2016
Interesting.

So in Nairaland I am a Landlord?my own don pass visit or visitor.

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Visitors, Visits, And Page Views by haconjy(m): 7:52am On Sep 24, 2016
humm...nairaland is bias do many times

(1) (Reply)

Help On Wordpress / US Adsense With $64 For Sale! Urgent Please / 300K Nigerian Emails And Twitter Handle With 7k Followers For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.