Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs (2828 Views)

Updates From The IPOB Declared Sit-At-Home Protest (Pictures) / The Protest Will Still Go On Without 2baba -EIE / 2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 23, 2016
IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira in 12 Hrs in commerce, trade, manufacturing, taxes, levies, IGR, transactions, e.t.c. For example, I was supposed to clear some containerized goods from China at the port in Lagos, that's over 5 million naira in duties not paid. Just imagine thousands and millions of IPOB who are at home and not transacting. The whole of Onitsha main market, Nnewi, Owerri, Nkpor, Awka, Awkuzu, Asaba, Port Harcourt, Uyo, Calabar are all locked down and empty. In fact, Port Harcourt is a grave yard...closed! Banks are closed also; usually banks record over 50 billion naira in daily transactions in all Biafraland...that is zero today. Honestly, I never expected this sit-at-home to be this serious, in fact it it has been a success. IPOB has discovered a way to cripple this country without movement.

Listen to live update on tunein
http://tunein.com/radiobiafra

9 Likes

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by trueconscience(m): 9:39am On Sep 23, 2016
Yes, you are right..but bros, I dey for office dey work and my branches are working too so I suggest you modify that amount

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by funnynation(m): 9:42am On Sep 23, 2016
Abeg when dis one dey start? Make I know ooo.

I dey do evangelism last week with my
church members and my pastor, one
Prostitute waved at me
from the other side of the road & shouted
"Customer" are you coming in the evening
today? I just fainted!

*Nairaland official comedian* *Irep042*
*AbjFinestMC* *CFR*

1 Like

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by nextprince: 9:52am On Sep 23, 2016
Nay, not Nigeria. It is the IPods that will loose. What have they been contributing to the economy? Abeg make dem sit down for house till next year. grin

10 Likes

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by Adamsdelrio(m): 9:57am On Sep 23, 2016
Nigeria will lose 200 billion naira in a day as if Nigeria will not make double of same amount tomorrow.

Nigeria will lose 200 billion naira in a day as if the igbos agitators will not be affected too.

Igbos, my people..... U need to think!!!!

7 Likes

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 23, 2016
This will be a real test of the sincerity of Igbos about Biafra. If more than 70% of Igbos across the country obey this sit a home order, then I will believe Biafra is real in their hearts.

Do majority of the Igbos really want to secede from Nigeria? It is time we tell ourselves the home truth. If we have a referendum, we will be shocked to realize that most Igbos will vote to stay with Nigeria. We are brothers! It is rather sad that politicians got us to this level. I think the Igbo should concentrate on having the right positions, respect and recognitions in Nigeria. The only way we can heal the wounds of the Biafra war is to give the presidency to the Igbos come 2019.

The Igbo themselves must solve their internal wrangling and speak with one voice. I hope at the end of the day, IPOB leader, Kalu will not be like the brave Okonkwo of things fall apart who was betrayed by his own people.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by Alcatraz003: 10:08am On Sep 23, 2016
Which 200 billion is that? How economically viable is the east? if igbo land was so good why is it the dream of average igbo youth to migrate to yorubaland?

Please lets concentrate on today's protest and not deviate please. We know the core 5 igbo states dont contribute much to government coffers. This is why igbos are treated like shit in Nigeria.

Please focus on the protests.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by Godemcee(m): 10:11am On Sep 23, 2016
no igbo is observing sit at home outside south west,all my igbo neighbours went to work,they don't even act like anything happened

still istandwithbiafratoday

1 Like

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by izombie(m): 10:22am On Sep 23, 2016
Alcatraz003:
Which 200 billion is that? How economically viable is the east? if igbo land was so good why is it the dream of average igbo youth to migrate to yorubaland?

Please lets concentrate on today's protest and not deviate please. We know the core 5 igbo states dont contribute much to government coffers. This is why igbos are treated like shit in Nigeria.

igbos go to lagos because it is the commercial hub of nigeria. Just like the way south africans move to johannesburg, the english to london, the french to paris, etc. Move lagos to the east or north and most nigerians would be going there too. So please stop. The only thing the yorubas got going for them in this nigeria is only because lagos is closest to you people. Take lagos away and you see how irrelevant yorubas are in nigeria. And again, since you people hate igbos so much, one would expect that you people would be in support of biafra so that we can leave you people alone but the reverse is the case. Ndi owo.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by Alcatraz003: 10:28am On Sep 23, 2016
izombie:
igbos go to lagos because it is the commercial hub of nigeria. Just like the way south africans move to johannesburg, the english to london, the french to paris, etc. Move lagos to the east or northand most nigerians would be going there too. So please stop. The only things yorubas got going for them in this nigeria is only because lagos is closest to you people. Take lagos away and you see how irrelevant yorubas are in nigeria. And again, since you people hate igbos so much, one would expect that you people would be in support of biafra so that we can leave you people alone but the reverse is the case. Ndi owo.
g

yorubas support biafra whole heartedly. which one is take lagos away from yorubas? do you want to pursue them from f their ancestral land? Besides igbos are not only in lagos, they are everywhere in yorubaland. My village is full of igbos.

Please lets not fight over this, lets see how we can actualize biafra. ndo bro.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by EnEnPeecee: 10:34am On Sep 23, 2016
APC

Na thunder go fire all of una for the following pains una inflicted on nigerians:

Hunger
Strife
Poverty
Anger
Suicide
Thefts
Arm-robbery Pains
Sickness
Hardship
Herdsmen
Islamist Rebels
Corruption
Winch hunting
Tyranny
Forgery
Pliagralism
Homelessness
Killings
Unemployment
Policy Summersault Globe- toting
Lying
Deceit
Recession
Inflation
Road Crashes
Misery
Polio
Boko haram

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by Nobody: 10:36am On Sep 23, 2016
egbonnla:
This will be a real test of the sincerity of Igbos about Biafra. If more than 70% of Igbos across the country obey this sit a home order, then I will believe Biafra is real in their hearts.

Do majority of the Igbos really want to secede from Nigeria? It is time we tell ourselves the home truth. If we have a referendum, we will be shocked to realize that most Igbos will vote to stay with Nigeria. We are brothers! It is rather sad that politicians got us to this level. I think the Igbo should concentrate on having the right positions, respect and recognitions in Nigeria. The only way we can heal the wounds of the Biafra war is to give the presidency to the Igbos come 2019.

The Igbo themselves must solve their internal wrangling and speak with one voice. I hope at the end of the day, IPOB leader, Kalu will not be like the brave Okonkwo of things fall apart who was betrayed by his own people.

I read ur first paragraph and I have to bounce in since you are a busy liar so for your mind Igbo's will prefer nigeria to Biafra nofin way me no go hear for this forum

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by Alexbrain(m): 10:37am On Sep 23, 2016
Alcatraz003:

Who told you that the dream of an average igbo youth is to come to Yoruba shit hole? What do you people have over there that we don't have here?

1 Like

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by Goke7: 10:37am On Sep 23, 2016
grin just like that? ipob sef de form avengers grin
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by Alcatraz003: 10:42am On Sep 23, 2016
Alexbrain:

Who told you that the dream of an average igbo youth is to come to Yoruba shit hole? What do you people have over there that we don't have here?

I wont descend into the mud with you. What i said is a widely known fact.

Today is for Ipob and the release of Director Nnamdi Kanu which many yorubas are sympathetic towards. Lets see how we can draw the attention of the world to the plight of biafrans.

I support the actualisation of a separate existence for Igbos.

I am sorry if my comments hurt you.

5 Likes

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by HurtgenForest: 10:51am On Sep 23, 2016
Alcatraz003:

How economically viable are the 5 SW states oga?

have you not watched yoruba movies where yorubas from soka, sarki and other jungles are talking of moving to Lagos like they are moving to America? cheesy cheesy

Igbo youths are all over the world and are still moving. That is the industrous and agressive spirit of the average Igbo man. The competetion in the east is so stiff so we have to move out to take over opportunities lazier people like yorubas cannot see.

yorubas are treated like toilet paper in Nigeria I tell you reason why even minority kainkain drinking ijaw militants will be going about donating ogogoro sperm to your wives and mothers. cheesy cheesy cheesy

selah

7 Likes

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 23, 2016
Hizzy:

I read ur first paragraph and I have to bounce in since you are a busy liar so for your mind Igbo's will prefer nigeria to Biafra nofin way me no go hear for this forum
I can bet my next meal that you did not obey the sit at home order. Hypocrite.
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by Shiifi(m): 11:03am On Sep 23, 2016
haters go b lyk

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by Abagworo(m): 11:09am On Sep 23, 2016
It has flopped in Owerri
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by Alcatraz003: 11:09am On Sep 23, 2016
HurtgenForest:

How economically viable is the 5 SW states oga?

have you not watched yoruba movies where yorubas from soka, sarki and other jungles are talking of moving to Lagos like they are moving to America? cheesy cheesy

Igbo youths are all over the world and are still moving. That is the industrous and agressive spirit of the average Igbo man. The competetion in the east is so stiff so we have to move out to take over opportunities lazier people like yorubas cannot see.

yorubas are treated like toilet paper in Nigeria I tell you reason why even minority kainkain drinking ijaw militants will be going about donating ogogoro sperm to your wives and mothers. cheesy cheesy cheesy

selah

I see you are hurt by my comment. I am sorry if it hurts. At least we have a consensus on one thing: Igbos have to be set free from Nigeria. I stand with igbos in this objective and pray that it comes to pass.

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by Alexbrain(m): 11:10am On Sep 23, 2016
Alcatraz003:

I wont descend into the mud with you. What i said is a widely known fact.

Today is for Ipob and the release of Director Nnamdi Kanu which many yorubas are sympathetic towards. Lets see how we can draw the attention of the world to the plight of biafrans.

I support the actualisation of a separate existence for Igbos.

I am sorry if my comments hurt you.

It did at first but after seeing your second post we are good. The actualization of Biafra and the release of our hero is what we pray and fight for. Thanks for your sympathy.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by HurtgenForest: 11:14am On Sep 23, 2016
Alcatraz003:

I see you are hurt by my comment. I am sorry if it hurts. At least we have a consensus on one thing: Igbos have to be set free from Nigeria. I stand with igbos in this objective and pray that it comes to pass.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

We don't need you to speak for us, leave us to do our thing.

Yorubas also need to be set free but fear and cowardice will not let them admit. cheesy cheesy

I can understand why yorubas are really afraid of Nigeria breaking up, the north will continue their advance from iloring deep into yoruba heartland.

They even need Lagos now as they confirmed through Sanusi recently. cheesy cheesy cheesy(They have shown you small of what to expect in mile12 where even a yoruba man had to speak hausa to remain alive.)

They have already said they will take Ofa and add to Ilorin should Nigeria break.

I feel your pain cos you might end up as a refugee in Cotonou. Lolzzz grin grin

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by Abagworo(m): 11:16am On Sep 23, 2016
Alcatraz003:

This your insult cannot go unanswered by me. The average Igbo in the village thinks of Yorubaland as a slum where majority are traditional drug sellers and taxi drivers. Most Igbos you find in Yorubaland lied to their people they were going to Lagos and will still lie that they live in Lagos once they come home.

So stop being deluded because you've not gone outside your zone and seen how beautiful other places are.

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by HurtgenForest: 11:17am On Sep 23, 2016
Abagworo:

This your insult cannot go unanswered by me. The average Igbo in the village thinks of Yorubaland as a slum where majority are traditional drug sellers and taxi drivers. Most Igbos you find in Yorubaland lied to their people they were going to Lagos and will still lie that they live in Lagos once they come home.

So stop being deluded because you've not gone outside your zone and seen how beautiful other places are.

Abagworo leave him for me, I will be on top of his matter. cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by orimsamsam(m): 11:46am On Sep 23, 2016
Another round of chest beating

1 Like

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by FunkyMetahuman: 11:58am On Sep 23, 2016
Lmao

Over estimating the eroded land cheesy
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by Alcatraz003: 12:01pm On Sep 23, 2016
Abagworo:

Abagworo, you someone i respect a lot on this forum and i am sorry if my comment hurt you or your igbo brothers.

The issue is that majority of yorubas are desirous of biafra for the igbos so that igbos can leave our land. Yorubas naturally dont like travelling because we are basically a happy,contented and closeted people. The wave of xenophobic sentiments you see on this forum is the general feelings of the average Yoruba who in his efforts to be politically correct, feigns satisfaction with the mass migration to yoruba land mainly by igbos.

This Xenophobic seed will only grow and ultimately lead to attacks on the igbos in the not so distant future. Our support for biafra is partly predicated on the foregoing to forestall a crisis which will assure mutual destruction for these two great tribes. Another reason for our support is because we see the travails the igbos have been through over the years and as a tribe at the forefront of social justice and Democratic activism in Nigeria, we have deemed it fot to throw our hats in to support the struggle.

As i have said in other threads, the yoruba man doesn't hate the igbos, we are only extremely cautious of dealings with you because we know the igbos hate Yorubas and will not hesitate to inflict grievous jarm on the yoruba nation in their sinister bid to revenge their disastrous civil war loss which majority of igbos are wont to blame on the yorubas.

We mean no harm, we are only guarding our turf.

Selah.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by simplycarro: 12:02pm On Sep 23, 2016
uduak2016:
IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira in 12 Hrs in commerce, trade, manufacturing, taxes, levies, IGR, transactions, e.t.c. For example, I was supposed to clear some containerized goods from China at the port in Lagos, that's over 5 million naira in duties not paid. Just imagine thousands and millions of IPOB who are at home and not transacting. The whole of Onitsha main market, Nnewi, Owerri, Nkpor, Awka, Awkuzu, Asaba, Port Harcourt, Uyo, Calabar are all locked down and empty. In fact, Port Harcourt is a grave yard...closed! Banks are closed also; usually banks record over 50 billion naira in daily transactions in all Biafraland...that is zero today. Honestly, I never expected this sit-at-home to be this serious, in fact it it has been a success. IPOB has discovered a way to cripple this country without movement.

Listen to live update on tunein
http://tunein.com/radiobiafra

You don't know what you are talking about.
Unless you want to forfeit the containers to the government, you will end up paying demur-rage for the containers to the Terminal operator and the Shipping line.
Una too dey lie, if not you will not come here and say Nigeria will lose N5M in unpaid duty, when you will still pay it.
If you think this sit-at-home will injure the Nigeria economy and at the end get you your goal, why not continue the sit-at-home indefinitely till Nigeria listen to you.

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by nwasinachi(f): 12:08pm On Sep 23, 2016
Abagworo:

is this really Abagworo or someone cloned his moniker? If he is d one, o Chineke thk sir.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by Israeljones(m): 12:32pm On Sep 23, 2016
Omg! This is why we shud all go to school and atleast try to learn sumthn...
This man no idea on how GDP is being computed...
My gosh!.. Pure illiteracy...
MR OP Wen u r makin a case like this yu need to come out with facts and figures....not just some abridged conclusion..

Tell this bull-crap to ur fellow braynewashed ipoops...perhaps they will blv,, cos they r the only bunch who loves bad news..
My God, this is just so appalling.....
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 23, 2016
egbonnla:
I can bet my next meal that you did not obey the sit at home order. Hypocrite.
bro I de auz
but where's the meal
Re: IPOB Sit-at-home Protest Will Cost Nigeria Over 200 Billion Naira In 24 Hrs by ChessEnthusiast: 12:41pm On Sep 23, 2016
Since y'all hate Nigeria, why not just declare everyday as a public holiday so that Nigeria could run into bankruptcy. Yeye

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

DAN: Lest We Forget - The Biafran War / OPINION: Why It Is Improper To Proscribe Fulani Herdsmen / Saraki Finally Dumps APC; See How Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.