Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,155 members, 7,815,027 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / . (1385 Views)

CCNA Or Web Development: Please Advice Me / Please Advice Me!!! / What Is The Nature Of The NIIT Scholarship Exam? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by logicalhumour: 11:06am On Sep 23, 2016
hmmm (I take a deep breath as I write)

Once upon a time, many years ago when I was beginning programming, I devoted alot of time to learning inasmuch as I tried to proof the "programmer-missing-from-bed-at-night" joke wrong... but now, itve caught-up with me.

The Reason

Recently, I came up with an idea that is not just entirely unique in the web but also an idea that would change the mindset of programmers / webdevs... the internet is not just for things that exist now (forum, blog, social networks, bla bla bla, etc )

I keep thanking God for giving me such a brilliant idea (after thinking for more than a Year )

Well, Iam a rapid doer and I've gone really far already, just that stay more than 15hrs straight on the Computer.

What got my mom Angry

Though I didn't even try to explain my project to her (she doesn't think I should do anything at the detriment of my health ) ...though my elder ones will understand with me... yesterday...or early this morning (around 5am) she discovered I was still on the computer... she got "maddest" and I don't like it when she thinks I've grown so much that I will no longer listen to her sad

My state

Fear and curiosity is what I feel now. Though Iam not too scared because even someone can think of that idea... it will never be like mine, above all that person can never overtake me with the sophisticated features and current progress in development.
Secondly, Iam really curious to show the world that brand new idea... it may be like an alien visiting earth openly.

What I think

I know I may just need a co-author (who will help me when I compulsorily take a break) but I just find it difficult to trust anyone, especially as I havnt yet launched it.

Fact

— I hate getting my mom angry.
— I love programming.
— I love originality in inovations
and...
— I need your advice.

Thanks.
Re: . by logicalhumour: 11:10am On Sep 23, 2016
I'll be greatful for whatever it is you have to tell me.
Re: . by mogozi: 11:39am On Sep 23, 2016
Man, try balancing things up. I've realized after a prolonged period of parental defiance that the elders have the benefit of hindsight. So I'll suggest you crash in between exciting project. Look at it this way... Your body is producing too much adrenaline because of your excitement. This is okay in the short term, but on the long run you don't want to be a sick pioneer undecided...Ask Steve jobs.... cry...
Good job man.

3 Likes

Re: . by logicalhumour: 12:24pm On Sep 23, 2016
She and some others tells me I'll face health challenges in the future.
Re: . by logicalhumour: 12:27pm On Sep 23, 2016
mogozi:
Man, try balancing things up. I've realized after a prolonged period of parental defiance that the elders have the benefit of hindsight. So I'll suggest you crash in between exciting project. Look at it this way... Your body is producing too much adrenaline because of your excitement. This is okay in the short term, but on the long run you don't want to be a sick pioneer undecided...Ask Steve jobs.... cry...
Good job man.
Thanks Man. I'll try sorting a timetable... even though I'll find it difficult to abide to it for now. I'll try
Re: . by silento(m): 1:52pm On Sep 23, 2016
logicalhumour:
She and some others tells me I'll face health challenges in the future.

try to code in mid week like Wednesdays and week ends Sunday two intensive days in a week is ok hope is nothing without life

wish u best of luck
Re: . by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 23, 2016
logicalhumour:

Once upon a time, many years ago when I was beginning programming, I devoted alot of time to learning inasmuch as I tried to proof the "programmer-missing-from-bed-at-night" joke wrong... but now, itve caught-up with me.

The Reason

Recently, I came up with an idea that is not just entirely unique in the web but also an idea that would change the mindset of programmers / webdevs... the internet is not just for things that exist now (forum, blog, social networks, bla bla bla, etc )

I keep thanking God for giving me such a brilliant idea (after thinking for more than a Year )

Well, Iam a rapid doer and I've gone really far already, just that stay more than 15hrs straight on the Computer.

What got my mom Angry

Though I didn't even try to explain my project to her (she doesn't think I should do anything at the detriment of my health ) ...though my elder ones will understand with me... yesterday...or early this morning (around 5am) she discovered I was still on the computer... she got "maddest" and I don't like it when she thinks I've grown so much that I will no longer listen to her sad

My state

Fear and curiosity is what I feel now. Though Iam not too scared because even someone can think of that idea... it will never be like mine, above all that person can never overtake me with the sophisticated features and current progress in development.
Secondly, Iam really curious to show the world that brand new idea... it may be like an alien visiting earth openly.

What I think

I know I may just need a co-author (who will help me when I compulsorily take a break) but I just find it difficult to trust anyone, especially as I havnt yet launched it.

Fact

— I love programming.
and...
— I need your advice.

Thanks.

I can be your co-author.

Let's work together.
Re: . by logicalhumour: 8:00pm On Sep 23, 2016
silento:

try to code in mid week like Wednesdays and week ends Sunday two intensive days in a week is ok hope is nothing without life

wish u best of luck
Thanks alot... I think that's what I'll do. I'll use the other days to work on my Algorithms and Pseudo codes (on paper) so on some other days, I'll do coding
Re: . by logicalhumour: 8:05pm On Sep 23, 2016
Sircomeference:

I can be your co-author.
Let's work together.
Iam interested, but how I wish I can trust you
Re: . by Craigston: 9:59pm On Sep 23, 2016
logicalhumour:
Iam interested, but how I wish I can trust you
I understand trust is important to you as it is to almost everyone who is not careless. If you don't mind learning and developing with me, you can PM me or just indicate here and I'll initiate contact. I also have some ideas I'm preparing to develop soon.
I hope you keep a memo of your ideas. It helps. I get ideas frequently and I write them down in a note so I can look at them later and make better decisions on which ones are more viable.
Re: . by Codenister: 10:04pm On Sep 23, 2016
It is all about striking and maintaining balance. Even if your mum will not get angry, you need to as well consider your own health.
I always have adequate sleep, and I still manage to stay productive, always, all the time.

For the records, I am still in school, and also work at the same time and I still maintain the balance
Re: . by Nobody: 5:22am On Sep 25, 2016
logicalhumour:

The Reason

What got my mom Angry

My state

What I think

Fact

— I love programming.
and...
— I need your advice.

Thanks.

What more can I say, all these smart people above have said important things but let's look at it from a different angle:
NOTE:: Steve Jobs didn't write the codes for Apple, Steve Woz did, and he was the one doing the late night things while Jobs looked for opportunities and discussed business related issues.
The truth is, the Night time is very precious to a programmer, It's when you're free from distractions and can focus clearly it's when majority of the world's population would be asleep and for you to stay up every night till your project is complete will probably result to success. Nobody on Nairaland has met DanielTheGeek offline except some few developers and when each of them saw me, I was mostly not even with my laptop...left it at home/at work and that's because I do most of the hard thinking and problem solving during the day (which is why I usually have time to post on Nairaland), go ahead to sleep for about five (5) hours and then at Night around 7pm-4am I'm doing what I love doing best and I do it FAST because I already knew what I wanted to do, asked all the questions during the day-time and that works fine for me only that I've got to listen to the noise of witches in my area ;-) . Just try reducing the backlight of your pc/laptop and arrange your day, you don't need to make a high-school time-table.
You have no better option than to work at Night because you tend to be more productive and try to understand what works for you, for instance if light in your area comes around 5pm-9pm everyday in your area then know that's your work period, postpone your sleeping (don't forget to sleep, just postpone it) and once it's 11pm (Your battery should still carry you on) shut-down both your laptop and yourself. With that routine, mama can catch you in bed always and you can keep developing always too.

About your project, I was at a developer conference organized by Microsoft some while back and the speaker said, "share your ideas with someone who can make it a reality" not on a forum where people who won't even comment can scroll through and next thing is your app has launched without you, lol. Not everybody has the ability to complete a project from start to finish single-handedly, so my advice is to learn to trust and share your Idea, you shouldn't worry about who will steal it because in the process of sharing it you may land yourself investors...who knows?
Now sit-up boy and write tha motha-fu***ng code like you've never done before, when you want to give up, remember that everyone, is waiting secretly for you to lose, don't justify them.

4 Likes

Re: . by logicalhumour: 1:47am On Sep 26, 2016
Codenister:
It is all about striking and maintaining balance. Even if your mum will not get angry, you need to as well consider your own health.
I always have adequate sleep, and I still manage to stay productive, always, all the time.

For the records, I am still in school, and also work at the same time and I still maintain the balance
Thanks. But it's his so hard to 'maintain balance '
...especially when I start writing. Hmmm, I'll try sha
Re: . by logicalhumour: 2:00am On Sep 26, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

What more can I say, all these smart people above have said important things but let's look at it from a different angle:
NOTE:: Steve Jobs didn't write the codes for Apple, Steve Woz did, and he was the one doing the late night things while Jobs looked for opportunities and discussed business related issues.
The truth is, the Night time is very precious to a programmer, It's when you're free from distractions and can focus clearly it's when majority of the world's population would be asleep and for you to stay up every night till your project is complete will probably result to success. Nobody on Nairaland has met DanielTheGeek offline except some few developers and when each of them saw me, I was mostly not even with my laptop...left it at home/at work and that's because I do most of the hard thinking and problem solving during the day (which is why I usually have time to post on Nairaland), go ahead to sleep for about five (5) hours and then at Night around 7pm-4am I'm doing what I love doing best and I do it FAST because I already knew what I wanted to do, asked all the questions during the day-time and that works fine for me only that I've got to listen to the noise of witches in my area ;-) . Just try reducing the backlight of your pc/laptop and arrange your day, you don't need to make a high-school time-table.
You have no better option than to work at Night because you tend to be more productive and try to understand what works for you, for instance if light in your area comes around 5pm-9pm everyday in your area then know that's your work period, postpone your sleeping (don't forget to sleep, just postpone it) and once it's 11pm (Your battery should still carry you on) shut-down both your laptop and yourself. With that routine, mama can catch you in bed always and you can keep developing always too.

About your project, I was at a developer conference organized by Microsoft some while back and the speaker said, "share your ideas with someone who can make it a reality" not on a forum where people who won't even comment can scroll through and next thing is your app has launched without you, lol. Not everybody has the ability to complete a project from start to finish single-handedly, so my advice is to learn to trust and share your Idea, you shouldn't worry about who will steal it because in the process of sharing it you may land yourself investors...who knows?
Now sit-up boy and write tha motha-fu***ng code like you've never done before, when you want to give up, remember that everyone, is waiting secretly for you to lose, don't justify them.
Thanks alot!. I got much from your text.

Almost Everything has merits and disadvantages, I think the merits are greater in my case...I'll just keep missing from bed grin (sometimes... and in a stylish manner so mama wouldn't gbab me)

And about my project.. I know I'll have no options but to trust someone someday...but I'll do that when I've gone super far

1 Like

Re: . by leonard509(m): 12:49pm On Sep 26, 2016
logicalhumour:

The Reason

What got my mom Angry

My state

What I think

Fact

— I love programming.
and...
— I need your advice.

Thanks.
my brother, keep your idea to yourself, please in GOD's name.. sit with mummy and explain things to her.. trust me, she'll understand.. every mother wants her child to be successful, and if your idea will bring you success she'll support you. gather you brothers and sister and everybody that understands you and let them explain things to her.

1 Like

Re: . by logicalhumour: 2:42pm On Sep 26, 2016
leonard509:
my brother, keep your idea to yourself, please in GOD's name.. sit with mummy and explain things to her.. trust me, she'll understand.. every mother wants her child to be successful, and if your idea will bring you success she'll support you. gather you brothers and sister and everybody that understands you and let them explain things to her.
Thanks so much. Talking with her and a better planning / schedule would do it.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 3:45pm On Aug 13, 2017
logicalhumour:

The Reason

What got my mom Angry

My state

What I think

Fact

— I love programming.
and...
— I need your advice.

Thanks.

Mr Man, go get a job.

You stay all day on PC, at the end chop mummies food, sleep under her roof, enjoy electricity and water paid by her.

The only advice you need is, go get a job.
Re: . by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 13, 2017
What the fvck happened to the topic of this thread? *runs away before them catch me*
Re: . by logicalhumour: 8:27pm On Aug 17, 2017
SirAbdulthe1st:

Mr Man, go get a job.

You stay all day on PC, at the end chop mummies food, sleep under her roof, enjoy electricity and water paid by her.

The only advice you need is, go get a job.
Mr man, thanks for you unnecessary advice (the issue was just temporal..she cared about me - not calculating the food I ate (I wonder if your mom does that)). Actually, I do have a Job and I'm well paid. And my mom is not broke at all. She is not a fowl to chase my away from under her roof (at my age) when ever I'm in the state.

*Thinking* I wonder why people think everyone is like them

(1) (Reply)

A Programmer/web Developer Needed Urgently / Requirements For Andela's Bootcamp / Abuja Development Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.