Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,860 members, 7,838,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

Allo - An Impressive Interview With Google's New Digital Assistant - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Allo - An Impressive Interview With Google's New Digital Assistant (359 Views)

My Conversation With Google Allo Robot / Do Not Use The New Google App "Allo" Edward Snowden Warns... / Google Battles Whatsapp With The New Allo Messaging Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Allo - An Impressive Interview With Google's New Digital Assistant by Sphilip1(m): 11:09am On Sep 23, 2016
I think we've just got an assistant, who is at your service anytime anywhere. It's Google Assistant

From Siri, Cortana, Hound, all the way to Google Search, and now Assistant, they pretty much started as smarter search engines, but as time passes, they are beginning to look more like a full-fledged assistants; help manage your everyday life, tasks, plans, information, etc.

On Wednesday, Google introduced its new messaging app Allo and it features an interesting new digital assistant.

Bloomberg News put Google's digital assistant by asking questions it a couple of question, some of which were suggested by Artifical Intelligence experts. Other questions were suggested by Google's Allo messaging service.

[size=24pt]This was how the conversation went:[/size]

Bloomberg: [/b]What can you do?

Google Assistant: Here are some things you can ask for: [icons showing travel, restaurant, events, weather, Q&A, translation, games, news and sports categories, along with "fun" activities like poetry recital and "actions" like setting a timer and an alarm].

Bloomberg: What can't you do?

Google Assistant: I haven't tested this. But I'm pretty sure I can't swim [symbol of a swimmer in water]

Bloomberg: Where do you live?

Google Assistant: Google Home [with smile emoji]. But I also have a mobile home [symbol of a smartphone].

Bloomberg: Where did you come from?

[b]Google Assistant:
My team at Google made me. They are from all over the world.

[b]Bloomberg: [/b]How much does Google pay you?

[size=14pt]Before we continue, let me tell you the truth![/size]

We are all about witnessing a new era, an era enticing with its numerous promise of better integration and simpler access to information, intimidating with its reliance on artificial assistants in your everyday life, and maybe just a little scary too. But its power and future are unquestionably beyond the grasp of our comprehension today.

If you care to read the whole interview, let me direct you to my blog.

http://www.techkibay.com/2016/09/allo-an-interview-with-google-digital-assistant.html

[size=24pt]Thanks for reading![/size]

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Official Video / Mobile Internet Usage Surpasses Desktop Use – See Stats / Win Recharge Cards And You Have Vote Through This Link

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.