Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,295 members, 7,846,331 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 02:17 PM

Market Open As Traders Boycott IPOB Sit-at-home Order In Owerri. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Market Open As Traders Boycott IPOB Sit-at-home Order In Owerri. (860 Views)

Alaba Market Closed As Traders Protest Over Obosi - The Sun / Bank Customers Boycott Banks On #nobankingday (photos) / Will Nigerians Boycott Banks On Tuesday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Market Open As Traders Boycott IPOB Sit-at-home Order In Owerri. by kingsman66(m): 2:29pm On Sep 23, 2016
http://thenationonlineng.net/markets-open-traders-boycott-Igbos-sit-home-order/

The sit-at-home order by pro-Biafra groups, especially the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and the Movement for the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) was boycotted in Imo State Friday. Markets, schools, government offices, as well as other public places were opened for business against the directive of the separatists groups, which ordered complete closure of all markets and business places across the Southeast to pray for the release of the detained IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kalu. In Owerri, the Imo State capital, there was free movement as the residents went about their businesses without molestation as had earlier been feared. Meanwhile there was heavy presence of armed Policemen who mounted at strategic locations across the capital city with their Armoured Personnel Carriers (APC). However when contacted, MASSOB factional leader, Uchenna Madu, said that the exercise was successful across the zone. According to him, “we achieved over sixty percent compliance in all the state and that shows that our people are committed to the struggle for a sovereign Biafra. It also shows that we are a powerful group and the people are behind what we are doing “. On the reason for the sit-at-home, he said that “we decided to sit at home to pray for the release of Nnamdi Kanu and other detained pro- Biafra activists and also to afford our people the opportunity to reflect about the struggle”.
Re: Market Open As Traders Boycott IPOB Sit-at-home Order In Owerri. by kingsman66(m): 2:31pm On Sep 23, 2016

Re: Market Open As Traders Boycott IPOB Sit-at-home Order In Owerri. by dustmalik: 2:39pm On Sep 23, 2016
Re: Market Open As Traders Boycott IPOB Sit-at-home Order In Owerri. by SamuelAnyawu(m): 2:40pm On Sep 23, 2016
Owerri my Home cool
Re: Market Open As Traders Boycott IPOB Sit-at-home Order In Owerri. by sarrki(m): 2:48pm On Sep 23, 2016
I trust Rochas state

They are not brainwashed by ipob criminals
Re: Market Open As Traders Boycott IPOB Sit-at-home Order In Owerri. by sonofluc1fer: 2:57pm On Sep 23, 2016
SamuelAnyawu:
Owerri my Home cool
Proud of my state. We no dey reason one-way, one-way. That being said, we need to send Rochas back to Ugbelli.

1 Like

Re: Market Open As Traders Boycott IPOB Sit-at-home Order In Owerri. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 23, 2016
it still doesnt mean imolites are happy with nigeria and there going to market doesn't discredit the success of the sit at home order by IPOB as Tinubu's media house want to paint it...

long live as we mark the beginning of the end of the Zoo

1 Like

Re: Market Open As Traders Boycott IPOB Sit-at-home Order In Owerri. by SlayerSupreme: 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2016
Expecting the fallout. They'll get it really bad...just waiting.
Re: Market Open As Traders Boycott IPOB Sit-at-home Order In Owerri. by youngeagle(m): 3:19pm On Sep 23, 2016
okorocha making IMO a sell out since the last 8years.
Re: Market Open As Traders Boycott IPOB Sit-at-home Order In Owerri. by Soreza(m): 3:20pm On Sep 23, 2016
YORUBA IN OSUN AND ONDO WRITING ABOUT IMO JUST TO DISCREDIT US THAT'S A LIE MY UNCLE IN IMO TOLD ME IMO IS SHUT DOWN SO TELL US ABOUT IBADAN AND WE WILL BELIEVE U.
Re: Market Open As Traders Boycott IPOB Sit-at-home Order In Owerri. by dmostcheerful(f): 3:36pm On Sep 23, 2016
Pictures or everything is propaganda.
Pictures speaks louder than words this days.

(1) (Reply)

The Naira - Dollar Exchange Rate As At 1983 Will Make You Shake Your Head / I Need A Vcc To Verify Paypal Account / Beware Of MMM! Ultimate Cycler Website Has Crashed, Members Cannot Login

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.