Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,045 members, 7,821,599 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull (1997 Views)

Snake Killed By My Dog Last Night / My Dog Is Dull And Inactive / Why I Named My Dog ‘buhari’ — Joe Chinakwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by Dinocarex(m): 10:06pm On Sep 23, 2016
I bought a full breed Alsatian dog around March. The dog was 14 weeks at the time of purchase. Ever since the dog came into the house. It hasn't wiggled its tail for once. He doesn't see me eye to eye, it runs into its cage. It doesn't play, does nothing.
All it does is to bark when it smell a sense of danger or sees strange face around its cage.

It was a thug of war before I could put chain on it when I took it to the Vet for necessary injections.

Day by day, the dog is getting bigger and I'm scared of dog.

I need advice on how to change the dog behavioral pattern. Any advice is highly welcome.
Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by Adaowerri111: 10:20pm On Sep 23, 2016
sell the dog and get another one

1 Like

Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by mazimee(m): 10:29pm On Sep 23, 2016
Adaowerri111:
sell the dog and get another one

Was about saying the same thing.
Also, its seems he doesn't create much time for him and his dog.
What else would be the reason why his own dog scare the devil out of him.

Sell the dog and start a new beginning with a new dog.
This time, create more time for yourself and your dog.

2 Likes

Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by mymadam(m): 10:32pm On Sep 23, 2016
What exactly do you need? A guard dog, a watch dog, or just a pet? Your answer might go a long way in determining what to do next in this situation. Just my opinion though.

1 Like

Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by dacovajnr: 10:34pm On Sep 23, 2016
Chain the dog and beat bastard out of it by reminding it" I am the Boss" keep saying it repeatedly and same tym beating the hell outta it..the following day I won't be go surprised if the Dog says Good Morning Sire..

5 Likes

Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by joe4real12: 10:42pm On Sep 23, 2016
Chop the dog.
But make sure u raise red flag for boys so we go join.
Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by amuokuko: 10:44pm On Sep 23, 2016
U bought a racist dog...

Just sell the dog to a white skin..

1 Like

Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by doingood: 10:54pm On Sep 23, 2016
Let's see pictures of d dog

1 Like

Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by Dinocarex(m): 11:03pm On Sep 23, 2016
mazimee:

Was about saying the same thing.
Also, its seems he doesn't create much time for him and his dog.
What else would be the reason why his own dog scare the devil out of him.

Sell the dog and start a new beginning with a new dog.
This time, create more time for yourself and your dog.

I have told a VET to come pick it at a drop off price!!
He still yet to come pick it!!
I thought there will be different advice for me to change my mind
Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by Dinocarex(m): 11:05pm On Sep 23, 2016
mymadam:
What exactly do you need? A guard dog, a watch dog, or just a pet? Your answer might go a long way in determining what to do next in this situation. Just my opinion though.

I need a pet dog!!
Cuz this one ain't even ready to be a guard dog!! Apart from backing when it smell danger.. It doesnt bark at all.. The other two smaller dogs I have are more active that this particular one!!
Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by Dinocarex(m): 11:06pm On Sep 23, 2016
doingood:
Let's see pictures of d dog
Tomorrow morning!! But I wouldn't be able to get a very close shot !!
The dog is as crazy as that!!
Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by Dinocarex(m): 11:07pm On Sep 23, 2016
joe4real12:
Chop the dog.
But make sure u raise red flag for boys so we go join.

And I don comot Akwa Ibom oo.. I for chop am!!
Lol!!
No one to help me make it into a nice pepper soup here

1 Like

Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by Samswags9(m): 4:26am On Sep 24, 2016
Ohhh, Then You Actually haven't sacrificed enough time for you and your dog.

Mind You, Its not that. she is not recognizing you but shes trying to adapt to the. new environment so try walking her round the vicinity and pet her.

This Happen to me this week a brother in my Hood got just a 3 month old pitbull beside my house but due to his lack of time the dog is not well fed so he chatted with my aunty sha and when I got home from school on Monday I was surprised to hear that the pitbull is in our own house playing with RUBBY (my own dog).

But when I got home and saw the both of them RUBBY welcomed me as usual but SHIBA (the pitbull). was very scared and only shifted back but I tried petting her and rubby at a time and would feed them both (Only In The Night). but I would have a very nice time with them.

The same thing occurred on Tuesday Shiva didn't welcome me but didn't shift back so I'll pet her as usual, on Wednesday she tried welcoming me. on thursday she welcomed me and we became friends, on Friday same.......

So in Essence, it took me only 3 days To Get Shiba's. Back.

So My Brother, You Need What Is Called Time To bring up a dog except you can't get the job done.

2 Likes

Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by emeka2847: 5:00am On Sep 24, 2016
This is beyond lack of bonding. It seems the dog was consistently physically abused at an earlier age - likely 5 to 7 weeks. If this is the case, there's little you can do other than to change it.

Trying enticing it by giving it tiny pieces of meet from your hand, for a few days. If this doesn't change anything change the dog.
Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by preetyslim(f): 7:26am On Sep 24, 2016
dacovajnr:
Chain the dog and beat bastard out of it by reminding it" I am the Boss" keep saying it repeatedly and same tym beating the hell outta it..the following day I won't be go surprised if the Dog says Good Morning Sire..

E gbadun sir grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by dacovajnr: 7:30am On Sep 24, 2016
preetyslim:

E gbadun sir grin grin grin
Abi Aja Ati olowo e ni wan gbadun po! It makes no sense to me...if your Dog doesn't make you happy Sell it!!!! According to Olx

1 Like

Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by Dinocarex(m): 8:15am On Sep 24, 2016
Samswags9:
Ohhh, Then You Actually haven't sacrificed enough time for you and your dog.

Mind You, Its not that. she is not recognizing you but shes trying to adapt to the. new environment so try walking her round the vicinity and pet her.

This Happen to me this week a brother in my Hood got just a 3 month old pitbull beside my house but due to his lack of time the dog is not well fed so he chatted with my aunty sha and when I got home from school on Monday I was surprised to hear that the pitbull is in our own house playing with RUBBY (my own dog).

But when I got home and saw the both of them RUBBY welcomed me as usual but SHIBA (the pitbull). was very scared and only shifted back but I tried petting her and rubby at a time and would feed them both (Only In The Night). but I would have a very nice time with them.

The same thing occurred on Tuesday Shiva didn't welcome me but didn't shift back so I'll pet her as usual, on Wednesday she tried welcoming me. on thursday she welcomed me and we became friends, on Friday same.......

So in Essence, it took me only 3 days To Get Shiba's. Back.

So My Brother, You Need What Is Called Time To bring up a dog except you can't get the job done.

Thanks bro!! I will try that...
But I'm scared of the dog oo!! cry
Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by Dinocarex(m): 8:18am On Sep 24, 2016
emeka2847:
This is beyond lack of bonding. It seems the dog was consistently physically abused at an earlier age - likely 5 to 7 weeks. If this is the case, there's little you can do other than to change it.

Trying enticing it by giving it tiny pieces of meet from your hand, for a few days. If this doesn't change anything change the dog.

I have tried enticing the dog!! In fact I'm tired!!
I would agree with you more if the dog was abused!! I bought it from a road side dog seller!! And I believe those guys doesn't know how to treat dogs!!
Waste of money!! I think... I should just sell it

Wasted cash!! cry cry
Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by loveson200: 9:02am On Sep 24, 2016
Hello Dinocarex,

Please how old is your dog now? If the dog is still less than 6 months, I doubt it will bite you (90% sure it won't). When I bought my male puppy, it would not even eat when we are around and he was wary of everyone. What I did was create really quality time to play with him. With time he began to trust me and today he takes me as a father figure.

Put some enticing treat (say meat) on your palm and take it close to him. If he growls, drop the piece for him and step some distance. If he doesn't eat. leave and check from time to time if he has eaten it. Do this continuously say up to 5 times a day for some days. Please avoid raising you voice at the dog or beating him. When he agrees to come out of the cage. play the game that dogs like where they chase you. Run around and stop. Continue for some time and make sure he is watching. He will definitely become interested soon.

Also, do not be afraid like I said previously as I don't think the dog will bite you as I assume he is still at a young age.

Don't sell the dog. He just needs love and attention. I must tell you, most foreign dogs require a lot of attention and are usually really scared a young age.

1 Like

Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by iheanyi40(m): 9:26am On Sep 24, 2016
dacovajnr:
d following day d dog go carry am do breakfast ni grin grin
Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by derbybliz(m): 6:34pm On Sep 24, 2016
Op seems u are new to dogs.....for easy bonding with an adult or growing dog take them on walks and stop being afraid of it cuz they pick up ur energies. For starters does the dog eat food brought by You to him??
Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by Dinocarex(m): 4:44pm On Sep 25, 2016
Bros... I have given the dog to my VET in exchange for another one!!
I'm tired of that dog!;

Thanks for the advice!! Wish I saw it earlier!!
Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by uchpanila(m): 5:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
bro stop running away from your dog, you are the one not getting closer to him/ her, spend much time with your dog, feed your dog well, give treats always .
Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by Mckandre(m): 8:37am On Sep 26, 2016
OP, still waiting for or dog pix sad
Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by krak101(m): 3:36pm On Sep 29, 2016
Are you sure the dog hasn't been abused or traumatised prior to you buying it Go back and enquire
Re: My Dog Does Not Recognize Me - Too Dull by adedammy007(m): 8:27am On Oct 02, 2016
have you even walked vd dog b4?take it for a long walk wit treats in ur hand.....dat shld hlp a little

(1) (Reply)

7months Old Male Rottweiler Available For A New Home / Caucasian Adolescent For Sale / Massive Adult Male Caucasian For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.