Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) (31677 Views)

"Organise Your Name First" - EFCC Replies A Follower / EFCC Replies Deji Adeyanju Over N24b New EFCC Building Complex / EFCC Replies Twitter User Who Said They Tweet Like Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by Ijaya123: 8:44am On Sep 24, 2016
izzou:

How many people have they sentenced?

It is not the duty of EFCC to sentence anybody. That is the role of the court.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by temptnow: 8:45am On Sep 24, 2016
dermmy:

No. We are coming for you first. grin grin
ok make una wear una uniform enter PH
Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by HtwoOw: 8:46am On Sep 24, 2016
I wonder how many people will get into black maria with patience Jonathan

And from what i imagine, Patience is not the kind of person who dies alone , When another surge of Powerful Revelations is dropped on these Ijaw Pocket rights association , i wonder how many of them will set Jona's house on fire and stone Patience

1 Like

Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by adioolayi(m): 8:46am On Sep 24, 2016
E just dey do me like ..make I get kind power wey go carry me go where dem dey protest with "Atori" or "Pankere" (Cane)....Make I beat sense into protesters ..grin grin
Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 24, 2016
frenchwine:
Gbam! Battle line has been drawn .
The pipeline bombings may resume.
Operation crocodile smile is about to actually kick start .
Singing : "we're going straight, to, the wild wild west south!
Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by WOCKHARDI(m): 8:47am On Sep 24, 2016
QuotaSystem:

So you suggest it's better to let the impunity continue because no first thief has been punished before?

You're joking. PEJ must fully account for those funds or face the courts for her punishment.

NO. HE IS TALKING ABOUT EQUITY.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by Pappyjim: 8:49am On Sep 24, 2016
jaxxy:
As much as I hate to say this bt they are actually saying the truth. How any 1st lady's have been prosecuted b4? Even Turaya wasn't tho we don't know how currupt she was and then others like burutai and so on.

Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by nevilbot: 8:49am On Sep 24, 2016
izzou:

How many people have they sentenced?

Is efcc the courts that sentence people? Is it the fault of efcc that our judicial process in Nigeria is slow and cumbersome? Abi na efcc go carry person go court and still sentence the person?

Sometimes I just wonder at the type of mentality and the level of enlightenment and understanding of how things work displayed by Nigerian youths. With the comments of Nigerian youths I read on NL like this one, the future is doubtful. No wonder the older generation still hold on to power. Stupid question

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by kingthreat(m): 8:50am On Sep 24, 2016
Our cops should be armed with rubber bulelts and blanks to pump these bloody sycopants some pain

1 Like

Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by izzou(m): 8:52am On Sep 24, 2016
Ijaya123:

It is not the duty of EFCC to sentence anybody. That is the role of the court.

We are both on the same page

So, how many have the court sentenced?

I just want to let you see how this anti corruption program is a joke

Joshua Dariye defected to apc yesterday. Nobody is going to probe him again because he has joined the holy angels.

Am not saying patience Jonathan is innocent, but the aim of buhari anti corruption propaganda is just to destabiliz his foes, not to jail anybody or recover anything

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by supereagle(m): 8:53am On Sep 24, 2016
Mama P is a thief. Remember that was cleared when she left the Government house in Bayelsa. Remember what she amassed under a few months.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by anonimi: 8:53am On Sep 24, 2016
lielbree:
Efcc will not touch patience. They are just making noise as usual.

That's how they .made empty noise about deziani and ngozi.

You forgot to mention Saraki on whom so much noise was made.
Even Dasuki sef, NOTHING has happened to him in the court for almost two years despite the yam yam NOISE.
Anyway, shebi MaguN of the EFCC sef na very CORRUPT man!!!

anonimi:

Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mr. Ibrahim Magu, has rented a mansion in the elitist Maitama District of the Federal capital territory (FTC) Abuja, News Express can report this morning.

The storey building located at No. 8B, Rudolf Close, off Katsina Ala Crescent, in the highbrow Maitama District, was the abode of a former federal minister who died some time in May 2014.

An impeccable source said: “The property was rented to the Acting EFCC Chairman for N40,000,000 at N20,000,000 per annum.

“Furthermore, the Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA) curiously awarded a contract to Africa Energy, a company owned by Rtd Air Comm. Umar Muhammad, to furnish the residence at the cost N43,000,000, in a Government where the President is known to have frowned at and rebuked his ministers for requesting N20,000,000 each to secure accommodation and furnish them.

“It is shocking that the man spearheading the anti-corruption crusade of the government will be involved in such a venture. More surprising is the involvement of FCDA in renting a house for EFCC and under what arrangement.”

News Express made efforts to get the reaction of Magu and EFCC but the commission’s spokesmen Osita Nwajah and Wilson Uwujaren did not respond to text messages sent to them seeking their reaction to the story.

From: http://www.newsexpressngr.com/news/detail.php?news=25259

Is this CORRUPTION happening under the nose of our able retired General, only saviour, fighter of corruption, the DullardPoo of Daura?
If the senators confirm him on the job what more will Magu do?

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 24, 2016
I watch the destruction of Syria on TV and I feel sad. Nigeria doesnt have one-quarter of the Ammo that Syria had, but the government is busy fragmenting what remains of this poor country. These loot recovery is pyrrhic victory compared to what is to come. You do not fight to recover $1m and eventually lose $10m in vandalism and terrorism.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by izzou(m): 8:56am On Sep 24, 2016
nevilbot:

Is efcc the courts that sentence people? Is it the fault of efcc that our judicial process in Nigeria is slow and cumbersome? Abi na efcc go carry person go court and still sentence the person?

Sometimes I just wonder at the type of mentality and the level of enlightenment and understanding of how things work displayed by Nigerian youths. With the comments of Nigerian youths I read on NL like this one, the future is doubtful. No wonder the older generation still hold on to power. Stupid question

Its my fault.

I just dey avoid ban because I need to get some information from intelligent people here, if not, you for no enjoy this weekend.

Stay off my mentions. I didn't quote you.

Abeg.
cool

Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by Ijaya123: 8:56am On Sep 24, 2016
izzou:

We are both on the same page

So, how many have the court sentenced?

I just want to let you see how this anti corruption program is a joke

Joshua Dariye defected to apc yesterday. Nobody is going to probe him again because he has joined the holy angels.

Am not saying patience Jonathan is innocent, but the aim of buhari anti corruption propaganda is just to destabiliz his foes, not to jail anybody or recover anything

You mentioned anti corruption propaganda?

Is there anyone EFCC has picked up recently who didn't have a case to answer?
Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by izzou(m): 9:01am On Sep 24, 2016
Ijaya123:

You mentioned anti corruption propaganda?

Is there anyone EFCC has picked up recently who didn't have a case to answer?

Every single person in Nigerian politics from the 70s till date has a case to answer.

Even after answering their case, what has happened?

As long as those involved aren't jailed,then no fight has taken place.

Its just saying the ndlea arrests a drug dealer and tell him to surrender his drugs so he can be free. Will that change anything?

Nobody has been convicted. They only drop little of what they stole and they move on.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by dajx: 9:05am On Sep 24, 2016
Sometimes the law of this country just confuses one. I don't support corruption but i'm kinda confused as to what EFCC is really driving at.

Things should be done rightly, so as to set a good precedence and not just bullying and intimidating people with state powers all in the name of fighting corruption.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by ayindejimmy(m): 9:06am On Sep 24, 2016
jaxxy:

Dasuki is different his also a Jonathan or say PDP boy. And beside Buhari also has personal issues with him so his case Ws more personal.

The president most go beyond that to show people he's not scared to prosecute his frnds/partners/associates or what have u. Else his not yet fighting the so called corruption

Ok
I guess Buhari told you all this?
So bewitched Dasuki to divert the money so that he can witch hunt him
Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by Jacks14: 9:09am On Sep 24, 2016
lielbree:
Efcc will not touch patience. They are just making noise as usual.

That's how they .made empty noise about deziani and ngozi.

Nonsense people picking of women from the south.
ok wait n c

1 Like

Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by Ijaya123: 9:11am On Sep 24, 2016
izzou:

Every single person in Nigerian politics from the 70s till date has a case to answer.

Even after answering their case, what has happened?

As long as those involved aren't jailed,then no fight has taken place.

Its just saying the ndlea arrests a drug dealer and tell him to surrender his drugs so he can be free. Will that change anything?

Nobody has been convicted. They only drop little of what they stole and they move on.

Then how is that Buhari's propaganda? It is simply the judiciary who isn't living up to its responsibilities. Case in point, do you know how long Joshua Dariye's case has been in court? Have you not heard of courts granting perpetual injunction from arrest and prosecution to suspects?

The judiciary needs serious overhauling and soul-searching. They are the weak link in the fight against corruption.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 9:30am On Sep 24, 2016
Smily202:

Which Truth !!!!! U and Me know that all this protesters are paid. Anyone find guilty should be sentence. Probing is one after the other. Do u believe one day it will reach Mama Peace turn ?

I'm not against probing anybody corrupt bro bt wat happened to burutai and others? Hv they been proven innocent of the accusations or wat? If not then this becomes questionable to many. That's d point here

1 Like

Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by Sermwell(m): 9:44am On Sep 24, 2016
Ijaya123:

Then how is that Buhari's propaganda? It is simply the judiciary who isn't living up to its responsibilities. Case in point, do you know how long Joshua Dariye's case has been in court? Have you not heard of courts granting perpetual injunction from arrest and prosecution to suspects?

The judiciary needs serious overhauling and soul-searching. They are the weak link in the fight against corruption.
Oga leave the judiciary out of your madness!! If you accuse someone of corruption, provide proof beyond reasonable doubt and not come to the media and rant but when you get to court you can't prove your case! The court of law is not a father christmas! EFCC has a long way to go!
Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by emjay4me4u: 9:56am On Sep 24, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]Each time i see youths take to the street in support of their political idols in this part of the world, I remind myself of this harsh but true conclusion that I've reached about the black race: Certainly, there's something wrong with a black man's mind. When you talk to some black men, you wonder which faculty of their body other than the brain is responsible for their irrationality of thoughts........ To the people chastising their political opponents; Una weldone and to those opponents who allowed themselves to be chastised by engaging in all sort of impunity for their selfish interest; I salute una. But for those youths, Take a break and ask yourselves how many Hospitals, Factories, Companies, Telecommunications, Banks...... Name the business these so called sectional heros have established or engage you with to warrant this sought of support you give them after they've looted your national treasury..... Do you know the revealed loots of Patience Jonathan alone can establish at least 2 or 3 of those big businesses i mentioned above ? Imagine she had used that money to establish some grate businesses and created thousands of jobs in the process, will she have so much idle fund for EFCC to point at and wont these youth be employed by now ?..... I'm just a concerned Nigerian.
Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by Ijaya123: 10:00am On Sep 24, 2016
Sermwell:

Oga leave the judiciary out of your madness!! If you accuse someone of corruption, provide proof beyond reasonable doubt and not come to the media and rant but when you get to court you can't prove your case! The court of law is not a father christmas! EFCC has a long way to go!

Are you alright at all? Where did you break out from? Such madness.
Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by basadenet: 10:25am On Sep 24, 2016
With the way this Government is going about witch hunting people about I hope it will not lead to it's downfall . So many first ladies are still alive today yet none of them are indicted till date. Why patience Jonathan?
Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by emorse(m): 10:30am On Sep 24, 2016
jaxxy:

Nope never But Buhari shud not look the other side when he see it's his buddies and frnds and when it's the opposition he goes all out. That same hipocrisy these people are calling effcc out for and I see their point. Dats all we want...

Prosecute all corrupt folks regardless. How Ws burutai let of the hook? In civilized country's that can never happen, even china and u are the president frnd and found profoundly corrupt u are going down!

One thing most people fail to realise is this. Buhari will not be President for ever. If truly he has cronies whom he protects, let him go ahead. Karma is sitting in a corner waiting patiently. But to the say because he is "selective" (that statement is subjective though) every looter should be left alone is an insult to our collective sensibilities.
Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by DaPuncline: 10:34am On Sep 24, 2016
temptnow:
and when will thiefnubuu account for his lagos loot.
PDP spent 16 years in power. Why PDP no arrest Tinunbu then ?
Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by asamaigho(m): 10:35am On Sep 24, 2016
jaxxy:
As much as I hate to say this bt they are actually saying the truth. How many 1st lady's have been prosecuted b4? Even Turaya wasn't tho we don't know how currupt she was and then others like burutai and so on.

And what stopped jonathan from prosecuting her?
Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by emorse(m): 10:40am On Sep 24, 2016
emjay4me4u:
Each time i see youths take to the street in support of their political idols in this part of the world, I remind myself of this harsh but true conclusion that I've reached about the black race: Certainly, there's something wrong with a black man's mind. When you talk to some black men, you wonder which faculty of their body other than the brain is responsible for their irrationality of thoughts........ To the people chastising their political opponents; Una weldone and to those opponents who allowed themselves to be chastised by engaging in all sort of impunity for their selfish interest; I salute una. But for those youths, Take a break and ask yourselves how many Hospitals, Factories, Companies, Telecommunications, Banks...... Name the business these so called sectional heros have established or engage you with to warrant this sought of support you give them after they've looted your national treasury..... Do you know the revealed loots of Patience Jonathan alone can establish at least 2 or 3 of those big businesses i mentioned above ? Imagine she had used that money to establish some grate businesses and created thousands of jobs in the process, will she have so much idle fund for EFCC to point at and wont these youth be employed by now ?..... I'm just a concerned Nigerian.

As much as I wish this is untrue, I couldn't agree more. We are truly our own problems.
Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by coolplanet: 10:50am On Sep 24, 2016
ayindejimmy:

Ok
I guess Buhari told you all this?
So bewitched Dasuki to divert the money so that he can witch hunt him

Guy,use ur brain.he made that comment because u said northerners should also protest fir dasukis freedom.he is not saying dasuki was innocent. Sincerely dasuki played into the hand of buhari. He wanted to intimidate Babangida,but Babangida made a comment that he that leaves in a glass house,dont throw stones and that was all.do u hear any thing about Halliburton case again.it is dead on arrival. NO CASE!. So I call all these witch hunt.God hates being one sided.what you do to one must be done to others.it is well.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Replies "Stay Off Patience Jonathan" Protesters in Port Harcourt (Photos) by temptnow: 10:59am On Sep 24, 2016
DaPuncline:

PDP spent 16 years in power. Why PDP no arrest Tinunbu then ?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshiomhole In Benin City Despite Arrest Order Issued By Obaseki (Video) / Peter Obi valid member Of Labour Party As At Time Of Nomination, Tribunal rules / Fashola Has Depreciated – Aisha Yesufu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.