Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,966 members, 7,814,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 (8588 Views)

Arsenal Vs Chelsea (3 - 0) On 24th September 2016 / Watford Vs Manchester United (3 - 1) On 18th September 2016 / Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th September 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by luvola(m): 3:10am On Sep 24, 2016
Jurgen Klopp is set to return to his strongest lineup for Saturday’s clash with Hull, but with the quality and depth of his squad, it won’t be an easy selection for the Liverpool boss.
The Reds host Mike Phelan’s Tigers as they return to Premier League action looking to build on an increasingly impressive start to the campaign.
Klopp’s men arrive at Anfield full of confidence following three straight wins – now also five games unbeaten in all competitions – and the Reds will be determined to add to the winning sequences by avoiding a first ever home loss to Hull.
Finding consistency and avoiding slip-ups against ‘lesser’ sides is the challenge for Liverpool over the next two league games, and Klopp has some big calls to make in defence and attack with the XI he entrusts to start that positively at Anfield.
Team News
Klopp to restore strongest XI after midweek rotation in Derby win
Gini Wijnaldum and Adam Lallana fit and “ready” after minor problems and rest
Daniel Sturridge “should be” fit following small issues after Chelsea victory
Dejan Lovren , James Milner and Sadio Mane all fresh and in line to return
Klopp facing big call over whether to start
Simon Mignolet or Loris Karius in goal
Another selection headache for Reds boss with attacking quality available
Philippe Coutinho, Roberto Firmino, Mane & Sturridge all battling for three positions
But Divock Origi hopeful of retaining striking role after goal-scoring display at Derby
Likes of Alberto Moreno, Ragnar Klavan and Lucas likely to drop to the bench
Liverpool’s XI
Klopp has already faced numerous tough selection choices this season, and he has more again ahead of Saturday’s game – at the back and in attack.
ARTICLE CONTINUES BELOW
In defence, having finally introduced Karius to English football, Klopp could stick with his envisaged long-term No.1 behind what has become the trusted back four, with Lovren and Milner resuming their left-side roles.
The manager reportedly told Karius and Mignolet of the decision to go with the German, after training on Friday on afternoon.
The midfield picks itself with Jordan Henderson , Wijnaldum and Lallana all fresh, meaning they’ll continue their record of starting every league game together so far this season.
The huge call comes in the front three, where Klopp must bench one of Sturridge, Firmino, Coutinho or Mane.
With Sturridge having missed part of the week after struggling with a knock after the Chelsea match, the England forward looks likely to be the one to miss out, meaning Firmino back into the central no.9 role.
That would provide the following lineup:
That would also leave a VERY competitive bench, featuring Sturridge, Divock Origi, Emre Can , Lucas or Klavan, Moreno, Grujic and Mignolet.
Having produced some big performances and results to cement a fine start, the Reds must retain their focus and performance level to avoid a repeat of Burnley and claim a routine three points

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/09/karius-start-klopp-restores-key-men-predicting-liverpools-xi-vs-hull-city/

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by luvola(m): 3:18am On Sep 24, 2016
Newsletters
Jobs
Subscriptions
Advertising Guide
Syndication
Evening Standard
Novaya Gazeta
Install our Apps
Sport › Football › Premier League
Mike Whalley |
Thursday 22 September 2016 |
 0 comments
Liverpool vs Hull: Jurgen Klopp pleads with Reds players to treat Hull like Borussia Dortmund to keep run going
Klopp’s side have shown an ability to produce impressive performances on big occasions
shares
More about: | Jurgen Klopp |
Liverpool FC | Hull City
by Taboola Sponsored Links
0 Comments Subscribe RSS
Jurgen Klopp has appealed to Liverpool’s supporters to treat Hull City like Borussia Dortmund at Anfield on Saturday.
Klopp’s side have shown an ability to produce impressive performances on big occasions during his tenure, but have also fallen in matches against supposedly lesser opposition.
Back in April, Liverpool completed a memorable comeback from two goals down to knock Dortmund out of the Europa League, while this season, they have beaten both Arsenal and Chelsea away from home.
Yet their one defeat so far this term came against a Burnley team just promoted from the Championship, who had only 19 per cent of possession on their way to a 2-0 victory.
Hull, like Burnley, are widely expected to struggle this season, and have slipped into the bottom half of the table after winning their opening two fixtures.
However, Mike Phelan’s team have produced some resolute performances, and Klopp is concerned that anxiety from the stands could spread to the players if Liverpool fail to score early.
He said: “We all know that when you play at home at 3pm, it is so different to a Thursday night against Dortmund in Europe. Is it only because it is afternoon and not night? I don’t know.
“You can hear it in the stadium. If you miss a chance in a big game, it’s like: Go again. If you miss a chance in another game, it’s like: Oh my God. Not the same rubbish again.
 Chelsea vs Liverpool player ratings
“If you miss a chance, you stay patient. You don’t lose your nerve and start shooting from 45 yards.
“You don’t win all these games five or six-nil. Neither do Real Madrid and Barcelona.”
Klopp’s point is that he feels players have less leeway to miss chances against lower-profile teams, meaning that any slip-ups in those games are more likely to increase nervousness in the stands.
He added that expecting to win by right against teams such as Hull is a kind of complacency that can be counter-productive.
“I think we all can improve: the team, coaches, manager and the crowd,” Klopp said. “If you create chances against Chelsea, it’s positive. If you miss, it’s still positive, because you have almost scored against Chelsea. If you miss a chance against Burnley, it’s seen as negative.
“That’s what we have to learn. No football game is easy. Can we create a special atmosphere at 3pm at Anfield on Saturday? I would say yes.
Jurgen Klopp refuses to answer question from Sun journalist
“Two things are important: The crowd and the team. I would like to see everybody with the right attitude, and not be disappointed if we miss a chance after 10 minutes. It is not easier against Hull. Why should it be easier?”
Klopp suggested that he has yet to tell Loris Karius or Simon Mignolet which of them will play in goal against Hull.Karius, widely expected to be the first choice this season following a £4.7m move from Mainz in May, has only just returned to fitness after breaking a finger in July.
He made his debut on Tuesday as Liverpool won 3-0 at Derby County in the EFL Cup, but Klopp was coy when asked how far in advance he would inform them who was playing this weekend.“Early enough,” he said.
“Before the game, that’s for sure. We have two very strong goalkeepers and we think about how they can perform and how their specific skills can help the team. That's what I have to decide.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-vs-hull-city-jurgen-klopp-pleads-with-reds-players-to-treat-hull-like-borussia-dortmund-to-a7323941.html
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by davidbarido(m): 6:27am On Sep 24, 2016
[/color] grin[color=#990000] ;DMeh, Liverpool will not compromise today. they will deal with them[b]Meh, Liverpool will not compromise today. they will deal with them[/b]Meh, Liverpool will not compromise today. they will deal with them
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 24, 2016
Liverpool fans go jolly today.. .their thread reach FP cheesy

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by Blissjs: 2:34pm On Sep 24, 2016
Y
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 24, 2016
Hull City 2 Liv 0

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by oluwasegun007(m): 2:39pm On Sep 24, 2016
wetin concern me.....i dey pull down EMIRATE today.... grin grin grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by yorhmienerd(m): 2:44pm On Sep 24, 2016
Keneking:
Hull City 2 Liv 0

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by teemswest(m): 2:47pm On Sep 24, 2016
Proudly Liverpool fc

1 Share

Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by Kulas: 2:49pm On Sep 24, 2016
I cant just understand why this Nairaland Admin dont like bringing my club Manchester City to front page.Always Man u,Chelsea,Arsenal,Liverpool.Today Man City is playing Swansea,yet he ignored it as usual.Dont tell me Man City dont have supporters,we are here.Please always put Man City for front page.
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by kayDooo(m): 2:57pm On Sep 24, 2016
Keneking:
Hull City 2 Liv 0
copied
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by kayDooo(m): 2:58pm On Sep 24, 2016
Kulas:
I cant just understand why this Nairaland Admin dont like bringing my club Manchester City to front page.Always Man u,Chelsea,Arsenal,Liverpool.Today Man City is playing Swansea,yet he ignored it as usual.Dont tell me Man City dont have supporters,we are here.Please always put Man City for front page.
for where manU all d way
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by Neimar: 3:02pm On Sep 24, 2016
Liverpool abeg win 2-0 oo
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by Ebukaidoko(m): 3:05pm On Sep 24, 2016
Away to score
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by ghettodreamz(m): 3:09pm On Sep 24, 2016
#YNWA

Liverpool 1-0 Hull City
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by ghettodreamz(m): 3:19pm On Sep 24, 2016
Fantastic goal cheesy
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by teemswest(m): 3:19pm On Sep 24, 2016
Goal Liverpool
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by yinkus204(m): 3:19pm On Sep 24, 2016
Lalana don score for liverpool
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by ghettodreamz(m): 3:21pm On Sep 24, 2016
Second goal loading..... cheesy
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by crazygod(m): 3:23pm On Sep 24, 2016
Who be the mod na..... Abeg come update o.
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by Flygeriansteve: 3:24pm On Sep 24, 2016
Good goal from Llanana
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by ghettodreamz(m): 3:29pm On Sep 24, 2016
Wow!
Penalty to Liverpool cheesy

Hull City down to 10.
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by crazygod(m): 3:31pm On Sep 24, 2016
Abeg mod d game is 2 nil already. Update na
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by ghettodreamz(m): 3:31pm On Sep 24, 2016
And it's a goal from Milner @ the Penalty spot.

Liverpool 2-0 Hull City kiss
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by ghettodreamz(m): 3:31pm On Sep 24, 2016
Oh my!

And that almost made it 3. cheesy
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by ghettodreamz(m): 3:33pm On Sep 24, 2016
Great attempt by Mane grin
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by AyamConfidence(m): 3:33pm On Sep 24, 2016
Kulas:
and experience the lowest traffic on a sport thread ever NO leave them in their dungeon
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by ghettodreamz(m): 3:35pm On Sep 24, 2016
Corner kick to Liverpool
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by ghettodreamz(m): 3:36pm On Sep 24, 2016
No doubt.

We are teaching 'em how to play football cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by crazygod(m): 3:37pm On Sep 24, 2016
3 nil. Bad belle mod o. Update
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by ghettodreamz(m): 3:37pm On Sep 24, 2016
Wow!

Fantastic goal from Mane.

It's freaking hot in here grin

Liverpool 3-0 Hull City

#YNWA
Re: Liverpool Vs Hull City (5 - 1) On 24th September 2016 by ghettodreamz(m): 3:38pm On Sep 24, 2016
crazygod:
3 nil. Bad belle mod o. Update

I dey tell you cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Official: Nairaland's Gaynners Tomfoolery (all Quoatations)! / ++chelsea Convinces Young Superstar To Come.++ / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Liverpool (1 - 1) On 27th August 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.