Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? (12094 Views)

Jamaican Pastor Wears Army Uniform, Shoots At His Enemies With Water Gun(Video) / 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything / Oyedepo & Kumuyi Meet At Abuja Stadium To Pray For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by bedoab10k(m): 8:03am On Sep 25, 2016
clefstone:
Don't tell this to an mfm member

The enemies are the evil powers that take over a man for his wicked act, prayers against these powers to die not a bad thing BuT praying for such personality to die can be refer to Murder. Moreover we all needs enemies but may our enemy be inactive. May God put us ahead of them BUT most times we are the enemy of ourselves.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Davisonrex: 8:05am On Sep 25, 2016
what is this one saying? The bible even made it clear that we wretle not against flesh and blood but against principalities and powers, against spiritual wickedness in high places.. Meaning we do have to fight but not against physical beings, but against spirits and powers. And mind you the bible also says that our prayers are corrected by the holyspirit, when we pray against them the holyspirit channels our prayer aright. Take for example your uncle in the village is tormenting you with afflictions and stagnancy, you world not know that he is the one obstructing your destiny or afflicting you with sickness, when you pray against those powers, God know best if whether to kill your uncle or just destroys the power, but you have to pray first. Now tell me would you rather prefer that your uncle kills you first because by praying prayers of love for him, or you pray against him to stop him before he stops you As for me i know that any power or personality trying to attack me, thunder and holyghost fore nai go kill them...

1 Like

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Redhot111(m): 8:05am On Sep 25, 2016
1 Samuel: 2. 6. The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up. - Bible Offline.
From the above I have the right to summon them to the court of heaven. Though only God will decide whether to kill them or otherwise. For me if I have to choose I will want them dead.

1 Like

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Gozzzy(m): 8:05am On Sep 25, 2016
Sport336:
Enemy deserves nothing but death.

If you want to make an example?

See a snake in your room, don't kill it. please try to help the snake out..

Repeat this when it happens again.

I promise you, Reverse will be the case when this happen again. That snake will help you out of this world during the next scene.....

I rather go to okon-aku village and join the dibias there, than attend the kinda church u attend, with this ur mindset!!! The person u call ur enemy, what are you to him The same measure u used for others, will be used for u! Show em love and u will be shown love by God, and vice versa.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Gozzzy(m): 8:11am On Sep 25, 2016
bedoab10k:

The enemies are the evil powers that take over a man for his wicked act, prayers against these powers to die not a bad thing BuT praying for such personality to die can be refer to Murder. Moreover we all needs enemies but may our enemy be inactive. May God put us ahead of them BUT most times we are the enemy of ourselves.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies.
Most of u, are spiritual ignoramuses!!!! Those spirits are eternal!!! They are reserved for judgement by God!!! You can't possibly kill a spirit!!! u will only cast em out!!! Are you lots really following our Lord Jesus Christ, or u ar rather following ur business men pastors, who say ANYTHING, to squeeze money outta ur hands??
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 25, 2016
The No 1 enemy of a true believer in Jesus is IGNORANCE!

The Bible declares "when a mans ways pleases God He makes EVEN HIS ENEMIES to be at peace with him"

A true believer cannot have an enemy and even if he does they cannot harm him. The only time anything or anyone has a right to touch a true believer negatively is as the bible also declares "When the hedge is broken the serpent will bite" this means SIN. When sin is present in your life.

Only the fearful and doubtful and false believers pray for death over anyone. If the one we are to emulate did not encourage Peter when he cut off the soldiers ear that came to arrest him but rather healed the soldier and he did not call down legions of angels to his rescue even though he could and did not curse them while hanging on the cross but said " FATHER FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO" Then why do believers who pray for calamity upon people still do so?

The teachings of Christ is at variance with those found in a lot of ministries today.

PRAYING DEATH AND DESTRUCTION ON YOUR ENEMIES IS DEMONIC AND NOT OF GOD

PRAYING BACK TO SENDER PRAYER FOR YOUR ENEMIES IS DEMONIC AND NOT OF GOD

Rather focus on how you can live a holy and righteous life in Christ and NOTHING OR NOBODY SHALL BY ANY MEANS HURT YOU.....GOD WILL KEEP BLESSING YOU IN THE PRESENCE OF YOUR ENEMIES AND NOT IN THEIR ABSENCE.

God bless you all.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Iseoluwani: 8:19am On Sep 25, 2016
The enemies that deserves to die by fire are the ones that have vowed that you must be destroyed THEY ARE SPIRITUAL ENTITIES. the enemies you should love even when they hate u are your neighbors. The people you can see. PHYSICAL ENTITIES

Eph 6:12
:For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, [/b]but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.[b]

That one that was bolded, you can't pray for them to change. Because they have been existing right before you were born. We are seated with Christ in heavenly places so when they show up enfore your authority n destroy them by fire

1 Like

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Moblord(m): 8:22am On Sep 25, 2016
If you watched The Flash and Arrow and saw people like Zoom and Damian Dark you'll know that some enemies needs to be destroyed
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by mabea: 8:24am On Sep 25, 2016
In christianity we believe that our enemy is satan the devil, Eph. 6:12. Yes you can pray for your enemy to die. Remember the thief (satan) comes to kill, to steal and to destroy.

So anybody who comes to steal your joy, kill your life and destroy your destiny deserves to die.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Oahray: 8:31am On Sep 25, 2016
Comments on this thread ehn... When I say the vast majority of church-goers aren't christians, people go dey look me somehow. How can you willfully practice the opposite of what Jesus taught and stood for, selfishly justify your actions, and still claim to be LIKE CHRIST?

If you are your enemy's enemy, and you both are churchgoers, there's the likelihood God would answer your enemy's prayer first, so prepare to drop dead at any minute while expecting your enemies to drop dead. Don't expect God to be your personal assassin though. He doesn't even listen to such prayers.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by amakufrancis(m): 8:37am On Sep 25, 2016
richidinho:
@op your enemy is a sinner, so the wages of sin is death and nothing else but death
and you a saint
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by mabea: 8:38am On Sep 25, 2016
tdbankplc:
An enemy is not necessary a witchcraft or ur landlords wife or ur step mother like ppl always see it. Misunderstanding can make ur own son be ur enemy, sometime ur friend due to misunderstanding also. So if u pray for ur enemies death and someone u love dies next day? U will still think it's ur enemies at work.. very funny when we pray blindly.
If you understand that scripture very well it's not talking about someone who doesn't like your existence rather it's about someone you have a sort of misunderstanding or dis agreement with.

If you have a querrel with someone, that could be seen as an enemy whom you should pray for,for his or her repentance. But when a witch is after your life who also is a principality, you don't pray for her to live. Remember ' suffer witch not to live'.

They are people who have sown their hearts to the devil.Such may not repent again.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by salveoP(m): 8:41am On Sep 25, 2016
Simple command " love your enemy and pray for those who persecute you".... simple and clear... Vengeance is God's not yours. Rom 12 vs 17- 21 says in part " return evil for evil to know one". If u love only ur friends and hate your enemies, u have done nothing remarkable cos a person without faith can do same. All those who have been casting and binding their enemies you are just wasting your time and energy cos whether u cast or bind time and unforeseen events will still affect u as it does affect ur enemies. Funny enough, while u are casting and binding them, they are still progressing and u are where u are. As others are ur enemies, u are someone's enemy too( knowingly or unknowingly). Let's just not assume God's role cos only Him knows who d real enemies are...

1 Like

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by mabea: 8:44am On Sep 25, 2016
Oahray:
Comments on this thread ehn... When I say the vast majority of church-goers aren't christians, people go dey look me somehow. How can you willfully practice the opposite of what Jesus taught and stood for, selfishly justify your actions, and still claim to be LIKE CHRIST?

If you are your enemy's enemy, and you both are churchgoers, there's the likelihood God would answer your enemy's prayer first, so prepare to drop dead at any minute while expecting your enemies to drop dead. Don't expect God to be your personal assassin though. He doesn't even listen to such prayers.
Are you a church goer or a christian going by the above statement.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by princepee: 8:51am On Sep 25, 2016
richidinho:
@op your enemy is a sinner, so the wages of sin is death and nothing else but death
ure enemy a sinner? And u re a saint? Smh for u
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by mabea: 8:57am On Sep 25, 2016
4everGod:
The No 1 enemy of a true believer in Jesus is IGNORANCE!

The Bible declares "when a mans ways pleases God He makes EVEN HIS ENEMIES to be at peace with him"

A true believer cannot have an enemy and even if he does they cannot harm him. The only time anything or anyone has a right to touch a true believer negatively is as the bible also declares "When the hedge is broken the serpent will bite" this means SIN. When sin is present in your life.

Only the fearful and doubtful and false believers pray for death over anyone. If the one we are to emulate did not encourage Peter when he cut off the soldiers ear that came to arrest him but rather healed the soldier and he did not call down legions of angels to his rescue even though he could and did not curse them while hanging on the cross but said " FATHER FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO" Then why do believers who pray for calamity upon people still do so?

The teachings of Christ is at variance with those found in a lot of ministries today.

PRAYING DEATH AND DESTRUCTION ON YOUR ENEMIES IS DEMONIC AND NOT OF GOD

PRAYING BACK TO SENDER PRAYER FOR YOUR ENEMIES IS DEMONIC AND NOT OF GOD

Rather focus on how you can live a holy and righteous life in Christ and NOTHING OR NOBODY SHALL BY ANY MEANS HURT YOU.....GOD WILL KEEP BLESSING YOU IN THE PRESENCE OF YOUR ENEMIES AND NOT IN THEIR ABSENCE.

God bless you all.
Sir I choose to disagree with you a bit in some of your assertions. Let's first agree that our enemy is satan the devil.
When you hear of principalities and powers, rulers of darkness of this world, it's not just talking about demons but also certain human agents who are spiritual entities in high places. They are enemies of righteousness. These are the people we engage.

Remember what God did to Egypt in order to free his own.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by shadeyinka(m): 8:58am On Sep 25, 2016
Febup:
After Judas betrayed JESUS, JESUS with love activated destruction on Judas. So all my enemies hear this with love the destruction that destroyed Judas and thunder will locate you with spiritual guided laser.

[size=28pt]Ignorance in full view displayed![/size]
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by giftedben: 9:01am On Sep 25, 2016
If you really understood Jesus teachings , you will also notice he sometimes speaks in proverbs. He said love ur neighbours as you love ur self. The actual meaning is that you should love ur self before you love ur neighbours. He said you should pray for ur enemies, cloth them and forgive them. He is actually telling you their is no permanent enemy neither is their a permanent friend. When he was in the temple he saw exchange of money he got angry pushed things down and said "my house!! my house shall be a house of prayer and not a house for thieves. And when one of the priest came to question his authority. Jesus called the priest a hypocrite. You see Jesus preached Salvation, but today's pastors preaches prosperity. Jesus also let us know that God is a Carpenter, a brick layer because God is Wisdom and Understanding. What am trying to tell you is God gave you Wisdom and understanding. You don't need any man of God to tell you what is good and bad. For in the eyes of God every man is equal. NO MAN OF GOD IS GOD. Jesus presented himself as the Son of God. He was born just like everybody was born, he didn't fly from heaven to earth. That's to tell God created everyone in his own image, so how can you look at God's creation as an enemy. When all he created is beautiful.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 25, 2016
mabea:
Sir I choose to disagree with you a bit in some of your assertions. Let's first agree that our enemy is satan the devil.
When you hear of principalities and powers, rulers of darkness of this world, it's not just talking about demons but also certain human agents who are spiritual entities in high places. They are enemies of righteousness. These are the people we engage.

Remember what God did to Egypt in order to free his own.

Word of Advice....Never ever compare the old testament which was the dispensation of JUDGEMENT to the new testament which is the dispensation of LOVE AND GRACE.

What God did in the old testament was of necessity but in the new it is not and this is because Christ has come and we have his spirit. How can you genuinely have the HOLY SPIRIT and still be wishing or praying for something as UNHOLY as death for anyone or praying EVIL for anyone.

The Holy spirit is Love and light and not darkness and evil. SWEET AND BITTER water cannot come out from the same source.

Do you even know who the HOLY SPIRIT is? if you did then you would not have said what you said. James and John asked Jesus to cal down thunder but Jesus said no and told them and I quote " YOU KNOW NOT WHAT MANNER OF SPIRIT YOU ARE".

I suggest you restudy your bible.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Oahray: 9:07am On Sep 25, 2016
mabea:
Are you a church goer or a christian going by the above statement.
there are multiple statements in my post, not just one.

I am not a self-centered, miracle-hunting, enemy-obsessed churchgoer. Being a christian isn't something you claim, it's who you are. So, I'd pass.

1 Like

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by tdbankplc: 9:08am On Sep 25, 2016
mabea:
If you understand that scripture very well it's not talking about someone who doesn't like your existence rather it's about someone you have a sort of misunderstanding or dis agreement with.

If you have a querrel with someone, that could be seen as an enemy whom you should pray for,for his or her repentance. But when a witch is after your life who also is a principality, you don't pray for her to live. Remember ' suffer witch not to live'.

They are people who have sown their hearts to the devil.Such may not repent again.

Those who sworn their hearts to devil r not the only enemies one can have. A misunderstanding leads to total hatred sometimes.

This happened and I observed it.
A cousin works wit a bank, and she helped her uncles wife get a loan without a collateral, but the uncles wife refused to pay back the money and when the cousin was about to lose her job, she had to take up action and seize the car the woman bought instead of paying back her loan.

Cos of that action the 2 families turn to hate each other. U can't believe both of them are claiming right even the one who refused to pay back loan.
When the banker lost her job due to same kinda senerio, the uncle and the wife laughed at her. That's how enemity started btw them both. Will death solve such problem?

1 Like

Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Cavenchy(m): 9:11am On Sep 25, 2016
Well said OP. Please add this to your Bible references as well.

Luke 9:51-56. Jesus rebuked his disciples for suggesting they call down fire from heaven to burn the Samaritans that refused to help them.

Christians who live by the principle of Psalm 23 know that evil shall not harm you as long as the Lord is by you, in the valley of the shadow of death. How then does he prepare a table for you in the presence of your enemies when you wish them all dead?

Another reference is Proverbs 24:17-18. Don't rejoice at the downfall of your enemies or God will see you and turn his wrath away from them.

All of these things tell you one thing: Vengance is for God not man. You can't kill what is already dead. Trust in the Lord with faith and He will fight your battles. I don't know why people pray with hatred in their hearts. Don't even understand which God they really follow.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by bedoab10k(m): 9:16am On Sep 25, 2016
Gozzzy:

Those spirits are eternal!!! They are reserved for judgement by God!!! You can't possibly kill a spirit!!!

Kindly explain that using bible references, Thanks
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by herald9: 9:56am On Sep 25, 2016
If prayers do work, the population of southern Nigeria would have reduced drastically.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 25, 2016
Our God is the only true God and serving Him is not easy because Sin is sweet and we are living in a world that is being ruled presently by the Devil the inventor of sin.
The wisdom of God is foolishness to the world. So when Jesus said "turn the other cheek" it sounds stupid. When He said "pray for your enemies" it sounds stupid. But whether it sounds stupid or not He is your master and you must do what He says because he knows best.
So people cursing their enemies and wishing them evil are doing doing so because they are being controlled by the flesh and not the spirit.

When your enemies die as sinners what profit is it to the kingdom of God, when the Bible says God doesn't want the death of a sinner but for him to be saved.

Though it is not easy to do the will of God but we are to do it all the same. If you are truely a child of God.
Vengeance is mine says the Lord so leave judgement to God. He alone knows if your enemies should die or live. If he should die God will kill him but it is not for you to ask God to kill him.

Do you know God might be unhappy with you when He kills your enemies and your start rejoicing. Funny.
Our God is unlike any god. He is Love.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Expsbterror(m): 10:07am On Sep 25, 2016
McBrooklyn:
Na better thunder go strike my enemies angry

Thunder doesn't strike.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by NosaHenry(m): 10:10am On Sep 25, 2016
richidinho:
If the wages of sin is instant death do you honestly think you would still be alive?
@op This issue has bothered my mind for a long time now. I think most churches and pastors have lost it. Illiteracy and ignorance have taken over their brains. They should have known that judgment is solely the Lord's perogative and not how much you shout or waste your saliva.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Hanibal(m): 10:10am On Sep 25, 2016
deife:
OP, our real enemies are the devil and his cohorts. They are the only ones we are permitted to rebuke, curse, bind and cast into hell. The person out there who doesn't like your face is not your real enemy. They are just a vessel the devil uses. You should pray for them.
you have no authority to bind the devil or cast him into hell.
Only the father can do that, and not until the appointed time.
You can only rebuke demons.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 25, 2016
richidinho:
Then we all must die because even the most righteous man commit sin everyday, read your Bible it is there.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by mabea: 11:53am On Sep 25, 2016
tdbankplc:

Those who sworn their hearts to devil r not the only enemies one can have. A misunderstanding leads to total hatred sometimes.

This happened and I observed it.
A cousin works wit a bank, and she helped her uncles wife get a loan without a collateral, but the uncles wife refused to pay back the money and when the cousin was about to lose her job, she had to take up action and seize the car the woman bought instead of paying back her loan.

Cos of that action the 2 families turn to hate each other. U can't believe both of them are claiming right even the one who refused to pay back loan.
When the banker lost her job due to same kinda senerio, the uncle and the wife laughed at her. That's how enemity started btw them both. Will death solve such problem?
I think we should ask God for the revelation of His word. The scenario you narrated now points to my explanation.

In this case you have to pray for the restoration of peace and love for these two families.

But when we talk about enemy, the only enemy we have is satan and his agents. They are human agents who are described as principalities and powers. Such you don't engage casually,there's no human heart in them.They are all out to steal,kill and destroy.
Re: Pray For Your Enemies Or Destroy Your Enemies? by mabea: 12:05pm On Sep 25, 2016
Oahray:
there are multiple statements in my post, not just one.

I am not a self-centered, miracle-hunting, enemy-obsessed churchgoer. Being a christian isn't something you claim, it's who you are. So, I'd pass.
I quoted you because you sounded judgemental. People responded based on their understanding of the subject matter.So calling someone churchgoer or true christian is not necessary here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osun River Worshippers With Austrian Woman As Priestess (pictures) / 6 Awesome Bible Applications for Android Phones and Tablet Devices / Bible Teachers,Let's Prove "Nephilim" Myth In Gen.6:1-4: Are They Fallen Angels?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.