Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,483 members, 7,816,143 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:29 AM

Why Can't The Igbo Nation Unite???? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Can't The Igbo Nation Unite???? (803 Views)

Why Are Some Igbo Lagosians Are Problematic And Ignorant To Igbo Nation / Nnamdi Kanu Will Continue Agitation For Igbo Nation – Wife / The Differences Between Hausa/fulani, Yoruba And Igbo Nation! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't The Igbo Nation Unite???? by mordsith: 11:32pm On Sep 24, 2016
Let me take off this Delta Igbo toga Ive been disguised with. I am an Isoko boy from Oyede, born and bred on the streets of Warri. I have to claim Igbo because they are the only ones championing resource control and you can only engage in national affairs as Igbo, yoruba or hausa.

Now to the point; I have created several Igbo unity threads only to have it torn by the Imo and Anambra supremacist......like who cares about omambala-okigwe shit.

A thread about an Igbo state pics would result in ego contest. Why?

Let me state that my concern only borders on the 2019 question and nothing more.

Please I want an answer from folks in the house. WHY CANT THE IGBOS UNITE.
Re: Why Can't The Igbo Nation Unite???? by LoveMachine(m): 11:50pm On Sep 24, 2016
We are together as ever. Don't let Internet pissing contests fool you.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't The Igbo Nation Unite???? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 24, 2016
The Igbos are deceiving themselves

5 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Can't The Igbo Nation Unite???? by GuyWise(m): 12:06am On Sep 25, 2016
Just forget about what happens here on nairaland

Those paid agents on nairaland are the ones doing as if igbos are not united

Igbos are everly united and will fight any battle together.

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't The Igbo Nation Unite???? by kenny987(f): 12:30am On Sep 25, 2016
attackgat:

You actually answered your own question when you said Let me state that my concern only borders on the 2019 question and nothing

Igbos are an egalitarian and Republican people. To 'pigeonhole' them within the Nigerian context and politics and expect them to be united is nonsense. Igbos cannot be united while they are in Nigeria, squabbling with Yorubas and Hausas. Igbos will be united when they exist on their own along with the minorities of Southern Nigeria who are comfortable with Igbos and share a common goal and value system.

I agree with your submission but I have to ask you this: Is there a particular reason why u need to refer to a group of people native to their own region as minority? Is there a problem with identifying them by their tribal identities without a tag that brings on d sentiment or idea of loss of certain rights and privileges because of some seeming numerical disadvantage?
Re: Why Can't The Igbo Nation Unite???? by tdbankplc: 5:33am On Sep 25, 2016
Define unity. If it's political differences, it's happening everywhere.
Re: Why Can't The Igbo Nation Unite???? by iconaus: 5:35am On Sep 25, 2016
Are you sure you are igbo or Afonja ? igbos are united see the friday sit at home order that showed igbos are together .
Re: Why Can't The Igbo Nation Unite???? by jesse8048(m): 6:49am On Sep 25, 2016
It depends on how you view unity. Igbos are really United.
Re: Why Can't The Igbo Nation Unite???? by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 25, 2016
When is it in this country that the SS geopolitical zone have not been right in the center when issues concerning resource control are mentioned. You've said it yourself that you're an impersonating liar, so immediately park well, and shut your mouth on issues you'd never know anything about.
Re: Why Can't The Igbo Nation Unite???? by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 26, 2016
OP the unity of Indigbo will only become a reality when the Nigerian government stop peddling lies against the populace. e.g the Igbos in South East are tagged as the real Igbos, while those in Delta and Rivers State are not Igbos.... The federal government keep divinding Igbos along state and geo-political zones... This is one the many injustice the Federal government must correct. No nation survives or thrives on lies.
As long as Nigeria keeps lying and cheating on one set of people, the collapse is inevitable.
Re: Why Can't The Igbo Nation Unite???? by mrvitalis(m): 9:43am On Sep 26, 2016
Igbos are very smart in all areas expect in politics.. . We are not calculative in our political journey.. . Politics is a selfish game... u drag to ur people as much as u can. .
I have lived in Port Harcourt almost all my life.. Tho am young.. But I know ijaws will never do to igbos what we did to Jonathan in 2011
As at 2015 PDP was seen as an igbo party.. Today it is the northerners who again control the party.. We should have sized PDP to our advantage.. . Presented and igbo president with a vice from the middle belt (very intelligent technocrats) with the support of the South South.. . West is always divided. .. We would have battled well in the middle belt and edged out APC.. . No we didn't see that's.. We want Nigeria to hand us presidency at a plata
We are united but when the leadership is weak the followers appear weak also

(1) (Reply)

How Pdp’s Feuding Won Edo For APC / EXCLUSIVE AUDIO ; Aisha Buhari Criticises Nigeria's President Buhari, NO 2019 / List Of Non Career Ambassadors Sent To Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.