Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,770 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Mexico's Secret Weapon Against Donald Trump - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Mexico's Secret Weapon Against Donald Trump (751 Views)

Huge Earthquake Hits Buildings In Mexico, Killing Over 200 / Two Unclad Ladies Protesting Against Donald Trump's Victory Arrested By Police / Russia’s Secret Weapon: Undercover Chechens Inside Daesh Guide Aerospace Forces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mexico's Secret Weapon Against Donald Trump by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 25, 2016
By Prince Charles Offokaja
The New York Times has just endorced Hillary Clinton for President of the United States, and I will say there is no surprise in this. In case we have forgotten, the biggest shareholder of the NYT is Calors Slim, the richest man in Mexico.There is no way the Times would not have endorced Clinton after Donald Trump’s promise to build a yuge wall between the US and Mexico if elected president. As it stands, the biggest weapon Mexico has in its fight against Donald Trump is the New York Times.

The truth is that the chief stewards of the New York Times, the Sulzberger family, cannot afford to antagonise its biggest backer, Calors Slim, who even though he is the biggest shareholder, has left them as publishers of the paper. The Sulzberger Clan own most of the voting shares while Slim owns most of the ordinary shares.Trump used to like the New York Times (remember he is a New Yorker). In fact, in his famous book The Art Of The Deal, he called the paper the most influential institution in the world. But these days, he has dubbed them the ‘failing New York Times’.

The relationship between Trump and the NYT has never been so poor, as the paper has been unabashedly pro Clinton, which he as a fe0llow New Yorker like Clinton, must consider a bit ‘unfair’. But things may turn around after the election. Remember when Trump used to quarrel with Rupert Murdoch and Fox?But all that will ultimartely depend on whether Trump goes on to build the wall if he becomes President Trump after November.If that happens, expect the Mexicans to use the New York Times as their arrowhead against Trump.

Expect the NYT to commission investigations aimed at bringing Trump down, even after the Clinton camp must haved dismantled itself in the event if a Trump victory.The New York Times not the Democratic Party...
quickly read the rest here http://zikistmovement.igbodefender.com/2016/09/25/the-new-york-times-mexicos-weapon-against-trump/
Re: Mexico's Secret Weapon Against Donald Trump by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 25, 2016
Donald Duck

1 Like

Re: Mexico's Secret Weapon Against Donald Trump by Nobody: 8:12am On Sep 25, 2016
Jibril659:
Donald Duck
What are your reasons for hating Trump?
Re: Mexico's Secret Weapon Against Donald Trump by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 25, 2016
igbodefender:
Did I mention I hated him?

Re: Mexico's Secret Weapon Against Donald Trump by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 25, 2016
Well, calling him a Duck suggests you can be classified within the neverTrump movement. But in any case, giving us your views on his and Hillary Clinton's candidacies will help sway support to your prepared candidate.
Re: Mexico's Secret Weapon Against Donald Trump by Lucasbalo(m): 9:15am On Sep 25, 2016
igbodefender:
What are your reasons for liking a Racist ?.
Re: Mexico's Secret Weapon Against Donald Trump by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 25, 2016
Lucasbalo:
What are your reasons for liking a Racist ?.
Did you read that article?
Re: Mexico's Secret Weapon Against Donald Trump by Lucasbalo(m): 9:37am On Sep 25, 2016
igbodefender:
Did you read that article?
That's not the answer since you are not the author of the article. I want your own independent reasons for likening a racist
Re: Mexico's Secret Weapon Against Donald Trump by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 25, 2016
Sir, started this thread to generate debate on the Trump-Clinton race. Consider me the moderator of a sort of presidential debate.So let me ask the questions for now. And let me ask you, why do you call Trump a racist? Please enlighten us. You might be able to convince one person to vote based on your views.
Lucasbalo:
That's not the answer since you are not the author of the article. I want your own independent reasons for likening a racist
Re: Mexico's Secret Weapon Against Donald Trump by Lucasbalo(m): 10:25am On Sep 25, 2016
igbodefender:
Sir, started this thread to generate debate on the Trump-Clinton race. Consider me the moderator of a sort of presidential debate.So let me ask the questions for now. And let me ask you, why do you call Trump a racist? Please enlighten us. You might be able to convince one person to vote based on your views.
Seriously, I am not trying to convince anyone to support any of the candidates. It's my own personal opinion of him following him and his business practices for over 3 decades. The reason i called him a racist is very simple. Five years ago, he started with birtherism. What that means is that Obama was not born in America but Kenya. The implication of that's he was trying to deligimatized Obama as being a Natural born citizen of US. He was at it till last week when there was tremendous pressure on him to renounce that outrageous garbage. After obama produced his long form birth certificate, he Trump said it was forged. Secondly, he started his campaign for Republican nomination 18 months ago by calling Latinos who are the largest minority in America rapists, drug dealers, disease carriers and so many vile names. Thirdly, most of the racists, Kkk, white nationalists and Aryan members are donating and robocalling for him. This are just few of his bigoted ways and I can go on forever like the case of Central Park 5 where five innocent blacks were falsely accused of rape and murder. He took a whole page ad in New York Times asking for them to be sentenced to death. So you tell me what is attractful to a Nigerian about a racist demagogue. If he doesnt like obama with all Obama accomplishments and doesn't care about blacks and Latinos in his country, do you think he will care about blacks in Africa ?.

(1) (Reply)

Town Hall Debate: Clinton Or Trump. Who Won? / There Will Be World War Iii If Clinton Is Elected - Donald Trump Warns / If You Think Racism Won Donald Trump The Election, You’ve Missed The Point

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.