Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,777 members, 7,955,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:11 PM

Use Facebook Messenger To Send And Receive Money - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Use Facebook Messenger To Send And Receive Money (5494 Views)

How To Use Facebook Ads To Get Quality Traffic And Results For Your Business. / How To Send And Receive Paypal Funds In Nigeria (Photos) / Freelance Payment: How To Receive Money From Abroad In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Use Facebook Messenger To Send And Receive Money by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 25, 2016
Remember when Facebook Messenger broke out of Facebook proper? A lot of users, including yours truly, were seriously irked. Why did we have to switch to entire different app just to chat with a Facebook friend?

Turns out Facebook had bigger plans for Messenger, including voice calls, chat bots, chess games and -- who knew? -- mobile payments.

It's true: You can use the Facebook Messenger app to send and receive money, PayPal-style.

Well, not quite -- Messenger payments require a debit card on both ends of the transaction. But there's no cost to use the service, which offers PIN-based protection and "industry-leading security," according to Facebook. Here's how to get started:

Step one: Add your debit card. In the Messenger app for Android, tap the Profile icon, then scroll down and tap Payments. In the iOS app, tap Settings, then Payments. Tap Add New Debit Card and complete that process.

.Step two: Open a chat with the person you want to send money to or from whom you want to request money. Tap the little "more" icon in the toolbar; it's the one with three dots in a rectangular box.

Step three: Tap Payments, then Next to bypass the info screen. By default, you'll be in the Pay screen; enter an amount you want to pay that person and a note indicating what the payment is for. Then tap Pay and you're done!

Remember when Facebook Messenger broke out of Facebook proper? A lot of users, including yours truly, were seriously irked. Why did we have to switch to entire different app just to chat with a Facebook friend?

Turns out Facebook had bigger plans for Messenger, including voice calls, chat bots, chess games and -- who knew? -- mobile payments.

It's true: You can use the Facebook Messenger app to send and receive money, PayPal-style.

Well, not quite -- Messenger payments require a debit card on both ends of the transaction. But there's no cost to use the service, which offers PIN-based protection and "industry-leading security," according to Facebook. Here's how to get started:

Add a debit card to Facebook Messenger so you can send and receive money.

Step one: Add your debit card. In the Messenger app for Android, tap the Profile icon, then scroll down and tap Payments. In the iOS app, tap Settings, then Payments. Tap Add New Debit Card and complete that process.

Tap here to access the Payments option in Facebook Messenger.

Step two: Open a chat with the person you want to send money to or from whom you want to request money. Tap the little "more" icon in the toolbar; it's the one with three dots in a rectangular box.

Step three: Tap Payments, then Next to bypass the info screen. By default, you'll be in the Pay screen; enter an amount you want to pay that person and a note indicating what the payment is for. Then tap Pay and you're done!

I need a lot of money for donuts.

Step four: If you want to request money instead, tap Request at the top of the screen, enter the amount and reason, then tap the Request button to complete the process.

With either action, the transaction will appear as embedded item right inline with your existing chat. From there the recipient can either accept or deny just by tapping.

And that's it! Assuming you and the people you know use debit cards, this is an awfully easy way to perform electronic transactions on the go. Awfully free, too.

Source: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/use-facebook-messenger-to-send-and-receive-money

Re: Use Facebook Messenger To Send And Receive Money by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 25, 2016
Fp things
Re: Use Facebook Messenger To Send And Receive Money by Singapore1(m): 10:57am On Sep 25, 2016
this is strange o

good upgrade for beggers cheesy
Re: Use Facebook Messenger To Send And Receive Money by G12(m): 11:36am On Sep 25, 2016
Amazing... Hope we don't abuse it and get delisted.
Re: Use Facebook Messenger To Send And Receive Money by Taeewo(m): 12:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
Good
Re: Use Facebook Messenger To Send And Receive Money by I888(m): 12:41pm On Sep 25, 2016
It is risky. Considering how people get their Facebook account hacked. I think it's best to create payment processor as stand alone facility o platform, not one linked to a Facebook account.

They should create it and do it the paypal way. I am sure they attract users faster than paypal

This is the only platform I know has the possibility to crush paypal's dominance.
Re: Use Facebook Messenger To Send And Receive Money by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 25, 2016
Singapore1:
this is strange o

good upgrade for beggers cheesy

lol
Re: Use Facebook Messenger To Send And Receive Money by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 25, 2016
I888:
It is risky. Considering how people get their Facebook account hacked. I think it's best to create payment processor as stand alone facility o platform, not one linked to a Facebook account.

They should create it and do it the paypal way. I am sure they attract users faster than paypal

This is the only platform I know has the possibility to crush paypal's dominance.

but I think it's a good idea... western union and PayPal definitely gonna lose customers. Yahoo boys would be glad with this movement.
Re: Use Facebook Messenger To Send And Receive Money by EnterPRO: 7:59pm On Sep 25, 2016
Hope NAIJA debit cards can receive inflows sha.

Its only refunds they've been receiving so far.

Anyway, Payoneer cards can always be used instead.
Re: Use Facebook Messenger To Send And Receive Money by izikjon(m): 8:44am On Sep 26, 2016
Cool
Re: Use Facebook Messenger To Send And Receive Money by I888(m): 5:38pm On Oct 02, 2016
durocity:

but I think it's a good idea... western union and PayPal definitely gonna lose customers. Yahoo boys would be glad with this movement.
Yeah, it is a good idea and I was even telling someone that ONLY facebook has the capacity to destroy paypal's dominance in one seconds. I really want them to get into it than you can imagine but the problem is that facebook accounts are easily hacked. Trust me, a simple file with a fake video play button would do the magic.
Re: Use Facebook Messenger To Send And Receive Money by lionel10: 1:19am On Jan 31, 2017
abeg...has anyone used this service with nigerian cards and send money to the US?
favorable reply needed please
thank u ma people
Re: Use Facebook Messenger To Send And Receive Money by concord129(m): 3:20am On Jan 31, 2017
EnterPRO:
Hope NAIJA debit cards can receive inflows sha.

Its only refunds they've been receiving so far.

Anyway, Payoneer cards can always be used instead.

Bro please I need your help on how to get payoneer card, I av tried enrolling on their site but when I got to the contact details, security details I'm a bit confused of what to do cos all am seen is foreign country addresses, region and all others I don't seems to understand. Thanks.
Re: Use Facebook Messenger To Send And Receive Money by Tomamort: 3:51pm On Nov 02, 2022
Have you heard about Softros LAN messenger? It implements everything necessary for full and comfortable communication of employees with each other. If you are interested in this application, you can download it here https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/softros-lan-messenger/XPFFZBJC8C4HJK . I am sure that it will become a reliable assistant within your company, the main thing is that it is a Lan messenger and all information remains within the company.

(1) (Reply)

Massey Fergurson Farm Tractor Prices/rental In Nigeria? / Railway Corporation Relaunches Lagos-ilorin Route / Current Price Of Ginger Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.