Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,140 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa (19566 Views)

Buhari Appointing Osinbajo As Coordinator Is An Impeachable Offence – Adegboruwa / "Buhari Is Seriously Sick, Cabals Have Hijacked His Government" – Olu Adegboruwa / EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by sarrki(m): 12:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
Bayo Akinloye

The High Court of Lagos State, presided over by Justice A. Opesanwo has set aside and vacated the interim order of forfeiture by which the house and property of one Mr. Jonathan Udeagbala, was purported to have been attached by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, in August 2012.

In May, Lagos lawyer and human rights activist, Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, was charged to court for allegedly dealing in property forfeited by order of court to the Federal Government through the EFCC.

Adegboruwa had maintained that he committed no offence in law, but only assisted two business partners to broker a settlement arising from a telecoms transaction and that the EFCC was only taking advantage of the anti-corruption war of the Buhari regime to persecute him “because of his constant criticism of the Buhari administration and in particular because of his involvement as defence counsel in the case of Chief Government Ekpemupolo (alias Tompolo) and the cousin of the former President Goodluck Jonathan, Mr. Azibaola Robert,” according to a statement his chambers issued on Sunday

http://punchng.com/efcc-loses-case-human-rights-lawyer-adegboruwa/

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by HungerBAD: 12:21pm On Sep 25, 2016
Democracy at work here.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by madridguy(m): 12:22pm On Sep 25, 2016
Noted.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by BuariCopyPaste: 12:27pm On Sep 25, 2016
Give me Mr Adegboruwa over a thousand dark-lipped Ekiti charge and bail lawyer.

Mr Ebin Adegboruwa is the hope of human right activism in Nigeria.... Falana has taken into weeds thus darkening his lips and legal reasonability.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by nnachukz(m): 12:28pm On Sep 25, 2016
Outside media propaganda to get public praise and then condemnation to the accused, I'm yet to see any case started and won in the court of law by EFCC within this dispensation.

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by sarrki(m): 12:34pm On Sep 25, 2016
Hope people can now see that pmb is a Democrat

I trust the Wailers will still think otherwise

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 25, 2016
the poster above me deserved to be recolonised for commenting without thinking.

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by Paperwhite(m): 1:04pm On Sep 25, 2016
EFCC are always winning their cases only via media frenzy propaganda. This is why they are yet to secure conviction for most of the cases at their disposal.They rush to arrest their victim,start a media trial before going to get evidence to prosecute.Super clueless as their oga @ the top. undecided

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by NoGawking: 1:06pm On Sep 25, 2016
sarrki:

No he's a

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by NoGawking: 1:06pm On Sep 25, 2016
walcut:
the poster above me deserved to be recolonised for commenting without thinking.

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by sarrki(m): 1:10pm On Sep 25, 2016
[quote author=NoGawking post=49658568][/quote]

It is well with you

Say a louder Amen

Do u think if he's interfering in judicial matter the case

Will see the light of the day?
Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by seunmsg(m): 1:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
BuariCopyPaste:

Mr Ebin Adegboruwa is the hope of human right activism in Nigeria.... Falana has taken into weeds thus darkening his lips and legal reasonability.

Some of the very best lawyers in Nigeria today are from Ekiti state. Afe Babalola, Wole Olanipekun, Niyi Akintola, Femi Falana and the list goes on. Ekiti people are not behind your problems, face the subject of thread and leave the state alone.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by ivandragon: 1:23pm On Sep 25, 2016
this is why I am usually shocked when the FG claims to have 'recovered loots' in the billions that are under contention in various courts.

court cases are not won on the pages of newspapers!

33 Likes

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by blackpanda: 1:24pm On Sep 25, 2016
BuariCopyPaste:

U cant even spell his name yet u come out to make noise. Why? because u must support anything corrupt or anti-progress. Smh!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by blackpanda: 1:27pm On Sep 25, 2016
ivandragon:
this is why I am usually shocked when the FG claims to have 'recovered loots' in the billions that are under contention in various courts.

court cases are not won on the pages of newspapers!

Yea but would u prefer it if efcc stopped making statements but rather just arrested people and dragged them to court without any explanation?? There is a reason corruption cases are made public. Its not only in line with human rights dictates, but efcc also gets useful tips from the public when they notify nigerians. Its not for show as u think.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by sarrki(m): 1:28pm On Sep 25, 2016
blackpanda:

Yea but would u prefer it if efcc stopped making statements but rather just arrested people and dragged them to court without any explanation?? There is a reason corruption cases are made public. Its not only in line with human rights dictates, but efcc also gets useful tips from the public when they notify nigerians. Its not for show as u think.

Most people that support the corrupt people lives in

Abject poverty.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by sarrki(m): 1:37pm On Sep 25, 2016
BuariCopyPaste:

You should be ashamed your father's name isn't there

Bros , here no be motor park

1 Like

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by ivandragon: 1:46pm On Sep 25, 2016
blackpanda:

my opinion refers to the claim by the FG that they have recovered monies & when asked to utilise those recovered funds or assets, they state that the case is still in court.

it is wrong to claim victory or accomplishments on a matter that is clearly in contention in a matter of law.

on the issue of corruption cases been made public, it is always inevitable that such matters will come to public notice, but the manner in which those issues get to the public clearly shows an intent to embarrass the accused.

furthermore, there is still need for further clarification, from the EFCC, why it is quiet on some corruption cases involving top members of this regime.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by HtwoOw: 1:47pm On Sep 25, 2016
Lol

Nothings every good enough for bad belle just like sarrki said

1 Like

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by sarrki(m): 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2016
ivandragon:

my opinion refers to the claim by the FG that they have recovered monies & when asked to utilise those recovered funds or assets, they state that the case is still in court.

it is wrong to claim victory or accomplishments on a matter that is clearly in contention in a matter of law.

on the issue of corruption cases been made public, it is always inevitable that such matters will come to public notice, but the manner in which those issues get to the public clearly shows an intent to embarrass the accused.

furthermore, there is still need for further clarification, from the EFCC, why it is quiet on some corruption cases involving top members of this regime.

I agree with you

This is what I call constructive criticism

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by blackpanda: 1:51pm On Sep 25, 2016
ivandragon:

You start with disjointed statements and end with lies. Why will u be expecting the govt to spend money, when u know very well that the cases are still in court?? And please, which are the corruption cases u are referring to that efcc is keeping quiet about??

My friend, please stick to logic and facts!

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by bishopkay: 2:24pm On Sep 25, 2016
blackpanda:

You start with disjointed statements and end with lies. Why will u be expecting the govt to spend money, when u know very well that the cases are still in court?? And please, which are the corruption cases u are referring to that efcc is keeping quiet about??

Were you in the country when Buratai's Dubai houses were busted? Were you in the country when Dambazua was implicated in the arms probe but had his name extricated from the list? They finally traced some very expensive real estate within and outside Nigeria to him. What did the EFCC do about it? The President's COS Kwari was exposed for receiving 500 million naira from MTN to help them renegotiate their fine.

All these with evidence and what did the EFCC do about them? Did Buhari even act like he heard? I guess he still had his ear problem then.
You would definitely feign ignorance on these cases or even prefer not to hear about them, but would rather jump all over Patience Jonathan's thread frothing at the mouth.

Bros fairness to one is fairness to all. Let's not divide ourselves into these for and against teams these politicians want to put us while they steal us dry. They are all the same; the padding saga comes to mind...

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by ivandragon: 2:26pm On Sep 25, 2016
blackpanda:

why are you this childish in your reasoning?

can't you be reasonable in your responses?

please, please & please... if you always resort to infantile rants when an opinion contrary to yours in raised, then do well to avoid starting a discussion with me.

I once referred to you as the 'blankpanda', when you resorted to your silly tendencies, but I refuse to wallow in your shallow filth of twisted reasoning.

you may wish to pretend that people like the former governors of Lagos, Ekiti & Rivers have petitions with EFCC as do the serving governors of Osun & Edo.

when the FG was claiming that it had 'recovered' billions of dollars, where were you? even when people pointed out that assets in dispute cannot be termed recovered assets, the FG insisted that it had accomplished the recovery of billions of dollars.

it was when Nigerians requested that such recovered funds be pumped back into the economy that the FG stated that it was impossible to do so because of the pending court cases.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by Pavarottii(m): 2:37pm On Sep 25, 2016
blackpanda:

If it's not show, den it's for wat? How does making statement b4 going to court affect the case. They r just tarnishing ones image and saying one is guilty b4 the case is judged. So it is highly wrong and unprofessional.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by Pavarottii(m): 2:37pm On Sep 25, 2016
I so much love this guy. Thank God he won d case against EFCC. Thank God for a few good people in the Judiciary.

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by sarrki(m): 2:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
Pavarottii:

If it's not show, den it's for wat? How does making statement b4 going to court affect the case. They r just tarnishing ones image and saying one is guilty b4 the case is judged. So it is highly wrong and unprofessional.

Unless the one that have skeleton in his cupboard

Efcc should be allow to do the needful

Some Nigerian should stop supporting criminals
Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by Pavarottii(m): 2:54pm On Sep 25, 2016
sarrki:

Unless the one that have skeleton in his cupboard

Efcc should be allow to do the needful

Some Nigerian should stop supporting criminals
EFCC under Buhari will fail woefully in catching criminals. Atleast under GEJ we got some convictions. Just watch how EFCC won't convict anyone b4 2019.

9 Likes

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by sarrki(m): 2:56pm On Sep 25, 2016
Pavarottii:

EFCC under Buhari will fail woefully in catching criminals. Atleast under GEJ we got some convictions. Just watch how EFCC won't convict anyone b4 2019.

Bros please for record purposes just mention one.
Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by Brooklynsouth(f): 3:00pm On Sep 25, 2016
blackpanda:

U cant even spell his name yet u come out to make noise. Why? because u must support anything corrupt or anti-progress. Smh!
how is he supportinG corruption ?a. Case has. Been won in court and you are splashing saliva everywhere ......I wonder how these northerners reason

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by sarrki(m): 3:02pm On Sep 25, 2016
Brooklynsouth:
how is he supportinG corruption ?a. Case has. Been won in court and you are splashing saliva everywhere ......I wonder how these northerners reason

Under president Gej

Do you think this is possible ?
Re: EFCC Loses Case Against Adegboruwa by coolscott(m): 3:05pm On Sep 25, 2016
sarrki:

[size=13pt]Democrat empowering the EFFC to carelessly hound targets[/size]

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari’s Comments Confirm Fraud In 2019 Polls / Enugu Suspends Monarch Over Demolition Of Visually Impaired Man's Building / Tinubu’s Cabinet: SWAGA Expresses Displeasure Over Exclusion Of Its Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.