Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Investment Companies To Watch Out For This Year - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Investment Companies To Watch Out For This Year (629 Views)

6 Telecom Companies To Lose Operating Licences In Feb’2017 – NCC / There Are The Secret Tips For Companies To Stay On Top / 10 Kinds Of Business That Can Bring You Millions In Nigeria This Year. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Investment Companies To Watch Out For This Year by Civory(m): 1:13pm On Sep 25, 2016
Unfortunately, making an accurate prediction of how a stock is going to perform for you to make the best and safest investment choice for your portfolio is a pretty damn difficult task. Believe me, no soothsayer or magician can tell which stocks and companies are sure to give you big returns. But then, some experts have a way of knowing what’s going to happen to which stock or company. So let’s hear what they think..
I want you to reflect on their reasons for choices. Bear in mind that everyone’s investment tactic varies. You should base your investment decisions on your age, financial targets, risk tolerance and so on.

1. GENERAL MOTORS (GM)
Present stock price: $30.94
President of Simply Safe Dividends, Brian Bollinger, said “Investors will never forget GM’s dark history. The U.S. government spent about $50 billion to bail out the company during the financial crisis… Fortunately, today’s GM is much improved.
“General Motors and its [approximately] 4.8 percent dividend yield appear to offer an interesting combination of income and value for investors. While vehicle sales can be volatile, today’s GM is better prepared to ride the cycle,” Bollinger added.

In Q-2 of 2016, GM’s net income was reported to be $2.9 billion, which is a swell of a full 157%. I think you should invest in GM.

2. ARISTA NETWORKS (ANET)
Present stock price: $80.73
This company provides software-driven cloud networking solutions for large data center storage and computing environment. And, it might be a good company to invest in before 2017.
A certified financial planner with Libertas Wealth Management Group, Inc, Adam D. Koos, said “What stands out right away is Arista’s relative strength versus the S&P 500. While the stock didn’t fare so well during the Brexit flash crash, it never transitioned into a downtrend. And since then, it has maintained the strength it’s been building since February. Through the end of the year, I think the deck is stacked in the long investor’s favor.”
A revenue of $268.7 million was reported by Arista for quarter two of 2016, which represents an 11% increase over the preceding quarter and an increase of a whopping 37.4% from Q-2 of 2015.

3. PHYSICIANS REALTY TRUST (DOC)
Present stock price: $19.90
Physicians Realty Trust was also chosen by Koos as one of the finest companies to invest in. The healthcare real estate investment trust company manages and leases healthcare properties.
Koos said, “What I really like about DOC right now is that it’s in an uptrend both on a short- and intermediate- term basis. But it’s also pulled back nicely, offering an inexpensive entry point, which increases risk and reward for the investor… With that all said, assuming DOC can hold on through Election Day, I think this could be a good position to own — especially through the end of the year.”
DOC revenue is up 79% yearly for a total of $53.2 million following its Q-2 financial results report.

4. NEWMONT MINING (NEM)
Present stock price: $39.02
According to Koos, this large gold producer could be affected if interest rates are increased by the Federal Reserve,
Koos noted that “Mining stocks have been chopping sideways over the last two months as investors await the Fed’s decision on whether to raise rates in September. If rates go up — and I don’t think they will — then the increase in yields would hurt metals and mining company prices as money left these assets and moved into fixed income.”
But Koos was quick to add that, “if rates remain unchanged again — as I assume they will — then there is a high probability that NEM will catch a bid, at least through the election and until the December Fed meeting.”

5. AMERICAN WATER WORKS (AWK)
Present stock price: $72.96
Jason Bond, an investment instructor and small-cap stock expert said “Solid dividend payers like AWK will continue to command a premium in the market as investors are looking for any type of stable yield. AWK is growing well through accretive acquisitions and is producing a strong ROE near 10%.”
According to the company’s fact sheet, it is the biggest and most geographically diverse publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company, serving roughly 15 million people in 47 states and in Ontario, Canada.
“AWK’s large size gives it a competitive advantage through scale and lower financing costs. It is a stable, low-volatility business with steady growth.” Bond added.

6. 21ST CENTURY FOX (FOXA)
Present stock price: $23.71
Bond in his recommendation also picked 21st Century Fox, as one of the best companies to invest in.
Bond said “FOXA is a stock that we recently bought in our long-term portfolio. Based on 9% revenue growth and an estimated 12% earnings growth between 2016 and 2017, we feel confident that this stock is a great investment … Plus, the upcoming presidential election should provide a strong revenue boost and expand overall viewership.”
The company’s dividend payout ratio is a strong one of 21%, and a market cap of over $25 billion. 21st Century Fox could be your best pick if you’re looking for a short-term investment opportunity.

7. KINDER MORGAN (KMI)
Present stock price: $21.86
KMI is the biggest energy infrastructure in North American, with over 80,000 miles pipelines operation that transports natural gas, crude oil and so on.
According to Koos, “While oil is changing hands today at roughly the same price it was in March, KMI is exhibiting relative strength versus its commodity counterparts. Whenever we’re buying any sort of investment — whether it be a stock, commodity, bond or currency — we want its trend to be positive, for it to exhibit strength versus the market and relatable assets, and for it to ideally be in the midst of a pullback within the prevailing uptrend.
“While I’d really like to see it fall another 1 percent to 2 percent before pulling the trigger, I don’t think buyers would hurt themselves placing a trade here,” Koos added.

8. VANDA PHARMACEUTICALS (VNDA)
Present stock price: $15.72
Healthcare stocks investments can be complicated but worthwhile if well-done. If you’d like to add a viable healthcare company to your portfolio, then try Vanda Pharmaceuticals.
A professional trader and founder of Forex Training Group, Vic Patel, noted that “From the technical standpoint, VNDA has been in a strong uptrend since April of this year and is currently trading around the $16 mark. Since then, every time we have seen a minor correction in this stock, it has been met with strong demand and support. I project that the current momentum in VNDA will continue to rise over the next few coming months, and I am looking for a target of $20 to $22 by year’s end in VNDA.”

9. HD SUPPLY HOLDINGS INC. (HDS)
Present stock price: $31.23
HD Supply Holdings is a large North American industrial distributor. A certified public accountant and director of research at Gradient Analytics, Nicholas Wesley Yee said “the company might be down from prior guidance of 300 basis points, the company stated that the reduced guidance implies fiscal year 2016 revenue growth of between 3 percent and 6 percent. The company’s implied top line performance for fiscal year 2016 is still better than what the consensus was expecting.”

SOURCE: http://www.civbusiness.com/2016/09/investment-companies-to-watch-out-for.html

(1) (Reply)

Starting A Dried Foods Store In Or Around Ketu. Looking for suppliers... / Complete Guide On How To Start Poultry Farm / How Does NETTELLER Work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.