Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,623 members, 7,820,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

State Of The Nation (nigeria Economy) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / State Of The Nation (nigeria Economy) (448 Views)

How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy / Part-time Jobs Across The Nation / Do You Think 80k Is Good Salary In This Current Economy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

State Of The Nation (nigeria Economy) by Obilo123(m): 8:04pm On Sep 25, 2016
I want to use this medium to talk about some issues. I want to first say that we Nigerians and the present generation are at risk of being the most informed generation to die of ignorance.
The Nigerian economy is in recession, now the FG has said a lot of things without saying anything. How can the same government say that they have recovered billions of naira and millions of dollars. They say we have up 3trillion naira in the TSA account. They have in one year borrowed 2.2 trillion naira and yet we are now talking about selling national assets.I just don't understand all these theories. And we are even talking about it.
I think the government should stop chasing shadows and have a clear path of direction. The fiscal policy team my not be the best, but I believe if they can get their acts tohether, they can perform good. I think that the past administration has contributed to the problem we face today, but that should not be an excuse for mediocrity and failure.
The monetary and fiscal policy teams should have a close door meeting between them and come out with the best policies that move the economy forward. It is wrong and sad that the finance minister is saying something else while the CBN governor is saying something else. That is also part of our problem.
Now in the area of fight against corruption, Please this is my opinion ( in as much as this is hard for me to say but I have to say it. I am not a fan of any zone or any political party). I think the EFCC and the FG for now should leave some of the so called politicians or persons who because of being investigated have made the particular region ungovernable. I think for now the government needs all the money it can get to deliver its campaign promises to the people. We need more local and foreign investment in the region. The government should show some interest in the development of the region like the EPZ project.
This is time for the senate and house of reps to prove many of us including me wrong. I think they should do everything within their power to pass the PIB bill. The bill should be structured in a way that is for the good of everyone. The senate should come up with bills that will encourage savings by changing the sharing formula. Some percentage of the monthly revenue must be saved.
It is also sad that even if we want vote out the government come 2019, I don't see any viable option from any part of Nigeria for now.I know many of us has this believe that Nigeria is not worth dying for. But we are already dying in silence. Please it is time we forget about tribe and religion and fight for a common cause, which is to have some basic amenities. Hold our leaders accountable. Applaud our leaders when they do well and criticize constructively. The so called elite knows no tribe or religion in sharing our wealth. Be wise. Know who your true enemy is. I don't think he is in nairaland or most of the social media fighting you. Of this government fail it is still us that will suffer it. Even if you don't like this government, at least for your own good, they need to succeed.

Please at least for ones move my post to the front page.

1 Like

Re: State Of The Nation (nigeria Economy) by menxer: 8:18pm On Sep 25, 2016
Our problem is just lack of patriotism on the part of our leaders and the followers.

Why would we be talking of selling of national assets less than 2 years from the end of oil boom?

We got the nation from the British but without the patriotic spirit.

(1) (Reply)

Assistant Laboratory Scientists At Maisematrix Consulting Limited / Pls Help / Starting A Farm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.