Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

What Is A Blog? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is A Blog? (1172 Views)

How To Report A Blog That Stole Your Content / How To Setup And Start A Blog / Pls How Can I Start A Blog Site? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is A Blog? by sholasys: 12:11pm On Dec 22, 2006
Great Nairalander!!!.
I greet u pple all mery xmass and happy new year in advance. Pls i hv 2 question to ask. render Help pls
1. what is blog? and hw can i creat or be a blogger?
2. I want to go into webdesign, what and wat application will u guys recommended.
Re: What Is A Blog? by Emmyz: 8:55am On Jan 03, 2007
sholasys:

Great Nairalander!!!.
I greet u people all mery xmass and happy new year in advance. Please i hv 2 question to ask. render Help please
1. what is blog? and hw can i creat or be a blogger?
2. I want to go into webdesign, what and what application will u guys recommended.

1. A blog is personal diary created on the website thru the help of google or other blogging website
it allow you to post ur message for people to see at no cost i.e check out
www.jaittojeffrey..com
2. Check the available serch engine like google or try www.ericelder.com
or www.vnu.com for help
Re: What Is A Blog? by Viante(f): 9:20am On Jan 03, 2007
What is a Blog, at this age ur still asking whuta blog is
Kai so much for xposure nd bushness,
In France, the word "blog" is considered a deadly insult, equivalent to the English "donkey-botherer".

The blog is an important and recently introduced aspect of the much-lauded "Care in the Community" treatment for the mentally-handicapped. Mental patients (from the schizophrenic [1] to the learning-disabled [2] to the just plain weird) are invited to express their fears, suspicions, experiences and cravings by means of one of these occasionally-updated internet logs.
Re: What Is A Blog? by Lush: 8:42pm On Jan 03, 2007
Hi Viante, i think it would do wonders for his self confidence when asking for help next time, if would-be replies to his question didnt rub his face in the fact that he doesnt know! undecided It would also have helped if you came down to his level or something and defined it in lay man's terms and not excerpts from .com.

I agree with Emmyz definition, its your personal web space for ranting and raving (a leaf from Viante) wink and i advise going to the webmaster section of the forum, they'll mess your head up with website design options. Cheers mate, grin
Re: What Is A Blog? by akopo06(f): 4:26pm On Jan 04, 2007
1.Unlike a forum, you own all the content on a blog. You have the right to decide what or what not to post. No moderators telling you what to do, no pesky admins (that doesn’t stop you from being one!).

2.It’s an art form — people get to know the real you from your blog. As you blog more, you’ll tend to attract people who think the way you do.

3.If you care about meeting people online, bloggers are generally more polite than people you’ll meet in chat rooms and on forums, although I’ve met a few nut jobs.

4. You can actually generate traffic to another website of yours. Before I put up my blog, very few people contacted me to work on a website for them. Since I put one up, people frequently visit my web development and my writing sites.

If you would like to create your blog, visit http://www.akopo.com which is the african blogging platform.

Regards,
Akopo Team
Re: What Is A Blog? by JiggaMouse(m): 6:31pm On Jan 04, 2007
Sholasys, my team is currently working on a project where we are developing a blogging platform SPECIFICALLY for Nigerians (like a Nigerian version of ). We are using an open source application and just basically making modifications and configuration. We shall release this platform on public beta before the end of January so I suggest you might want to check it out by visiting this page regularly http://naijalive.net

Alternately, you may also want to check out the application we are using, its called LifeType. If you find this application useful, you might also be interested in learning about the Open Source community and the ideals of Web 2.0. You would be surprised at what you would find.
Re: What Is A Blog? by Emmyz: 7:56pm On Jan 08, 2007
I've just uploaded all you need to know about how to make money with your blog
check it out
www.jaittojeffrey..com

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Help Me Create A Cheap Website? / Help Me Out! Disk Space Exhausted. / Which Best Nigeria Hosting Company You Can Refer Me To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.