Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,219 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister (11756 Views)

"Nigeria’s Recession Will Begin To End ‘Slowly’ But ‘Painfully’ In July 2017" / Recession Will Soon Be Over – Osinbajo Assures Nigerians / Dino Melaye: 'Nigeria's Recession Will Not End Even If I Sell My Cars" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 26, 2016
The Minister of Finance, Mrs. Kemi Adeosun, has said that she cannot predict when the nation will get out of the current economic recession.

She, however, said that some of the efforts of the government to reflate the economy had started yielding results.

The minister, who spoke in an interview in Abuja, stated, “I don’t want to predict when we will get out of recession. Let me tell you that we will get into growth and that’s how you get out of recession, because of the stimulus that we are providing.

“And it may take longer than we would like, but we will definitely get out of it. We are already seeing some positive signs in agriculture and solid minerals; and with what we are trying to do with other sectors, I am very sure we will get out of it soon.”

The Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr. Godwin Emefiele, had last week stated that the country would start getting out of recession by the fourth quarter of the year.

He had said, “We are already in the valley, the only direction is to go up the hill and the government is doing everything possible to ensure that we move up the hill. I am optimistic that based on the actions being taken by the monetary and fiscal authorities, the fourth quarter results will show evidence that we have started to move out of recession.

“The worst is over. The Nigerian economy is on the path of recovery and growth. So, please if you are a bystander or sideliner, you are losing; join the train now before it leaves the station.”

To facilitate the recovery of the economy from recession, Adeosun said about N770bn had been channelled into the economy for various capital projects this year, adding that the monitoring team in the Ministry of Budget and Planning was putting contractors on their toes to ensure that they delivered the projects.

http://punchng.com/cant-predict-recessionll-end-finance-minister/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 26, 2016
Okay, it is now glaring and undeniable that the anachronistic certificateless cattle rearer does not have what it takes to govern Nigeria even after leading Nigeria into recession, you are indirectly saying you can't provide a redress to the gory economic condition as long as you duffers remain in power.

APC as a political party is already in disarray, and so is the Nigerian economy.

Never again will they scam Nigerians.

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by DjAndroid: 6:37am On Sep 26, 2016
Minister wey no know wetin dem take borrowed money do.

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by UrennaNkoli(f): 6:37am On Sep 26, 2016
Madam, this thing will remain as long as your oga at the top reigns.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by Paperwhite(m): 6:37am On Sep 26, 2016
shocked shocked Chai e don be for Naija.For God sake what have we done to deserve this crop of fools from APC? From the president to the least among the zombies,no iota of sensibility or intelligence.
While I'm so happy I never wasted my time to vote in this most senseless & useless government in the history of humanity otherwise guilty conscience will not have allowed me peace as is the case with my bossom friend.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by Abeymills(m): 6:39am On Sep 26, 2016
Useless jst like d very useles boss bubu d dullard

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by hucienda: 6:41am On Sep 26, 2016
CBN Governor - "Recession will begin to end Q4 2016!"

Finance Minister - "I no no when recession go end o!"

This administration ehn ... cheesy Confusion in high places. Abeg who get Zuma here? grin

In other news,

Hillary v The Donald. cool

The Party of F Roosevelt v The Party of A Lincoln

Round 1.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:41am On Sep 26, 2016
Madam it Will End in 2019 when we send Buhari back to Daura grin grin grin

Donald Duke where are you?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by Sphilip1(m): 6:42am On Sep 26, 2016
How do you want her to prophesy?
Last time i checked, she is neither ezemor nor a minister of God? cheesy cheesy

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by Smellymouth: 6:42am On Sep 26, 2016
"..To facilitate the recovery of the economy from recession, Adeosun said about N770bn had been channelled into the economy for various capital projects this year.."

Just negodu..Nooooo!! Just Negodu..

770 Billion!! Una go just dey call the money like say na only una get the money or like say the money na counterfeit ..

Infact, Buhari should just sell this country and give us our share.. Ayam tired!!

With my share, I fit relocate go Bahamas...

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by KINGMAKER001(m): 6:43am On Sep 26, 2016
Yeah Nigerians knows you can't predict when the recession is over... we don't expect someone who's clueless and has nothing to offer or improvise to bring the economy back to life...well its better she's admitted that she's incompetent...you think say na to dey blow grammars..good radiance!

11 Likes

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by Paperwhite(m): 6:43am On Sep 26, 2016
The era of it's GEJ's fault is now over.Reality is now staring you guys in the face right? See the South West's otondo finance minister who does not know what 2.2billion naira was used for.A figure head phoney speaking economic illiterate.You & your oga should save us the situation by humbly resigning.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by mrvitalis(m): 6:44am On Sep 26, 2016
I don't know what people are saying but this government has only been truthful but has just been misinterpreted by the press for their selfish Interest
A heading should be a one line summery of a speech and if this heading is the summery u got then u have a problem

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by okosodo: 6:44am On Sep 26, 2016
But you are very fast to blame jonathan for what you people caused. You guys have not seen anyhing yet

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by tyson99(m): 6:45am On Sep 26, 2016
so gullible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by Nobody: 6:45am On Sep 26, 2016
I just feel sorry for this country courtesy of cronyism, nepotism and tribalism. You have uneducated, unqualified, below average and geriatric people running the country; just destroying everything like little kids throwing tantrums or messing things up for no reason. Have you left your kid unattended for a few minutes, only to return and see him or her robbing toothpaste all over their face and smiling; that's exactly what this people are doing, like kids...messing everything up and telling us things will be okay again.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by Paperwhite(m): 6:46am On Sep 26, 2016
mrvitalis:
I don't know what people are saying but this government has only been truthful but has just been misinterpreted by the press for their selfish Interest
A heading should be a one line summery of a speech and if this heading is the summery u got then u have a problem
Pls speak in English Mr. When the gross ineptitude of your beloved party is being brought to the fore daily & you can't defend it again then you start having a seizure.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by Tallesty1(m): 6:49am On Sep 26, 2016
Smellymouth:
"..To facilitate the recovery of the economy from recession, Adeosun said about N770bn had been channelled into the economy for various capital projects this year.."

Just negodu..Nooooo!! Just Negodu..

770 Billion!! Una go just dey call the money like say na only una get the money or like say the money na counterfeit ..

Infact, Buhari should just sell this country and give us our share.. Ayam tired!!

With my share, I fit relocate go Bahamas...

9 Likes

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by ificatchmodeh: 6:50am On Sep 26, 2016
Atleast she is saying the truth..she don't know, unlike her party..that feed on lies...
But eh..e get as e be. Apc..i hail o!

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by otukpo(f): 6:51am On Sep 26, 2016
Olodo minister

12 Likes

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by Izonpikin: 6:57am On Sep 26, 2016
Them go soon tell her to shut her mouth o....

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 26, 2016
The party is divide, and so is the govt with opposing assertions.

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by dunkem21(m): 7:04am On Sep 26, 2016
Cluelessness oozing from all angles..

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by firstking01(m): 7:06am On Sep 26, 2016
I 've never seen a corrupt government like this buhari's government.

10 Likes

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by dunkem21(m): 7:07am On Sep 26, 2016
Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by Zellie: 7:17am On Sep 26, 2016
Mrs Kemi puts the C in clueless

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by Opistorincos(m): 7:34am On Sep 26, 2016
Isokuso
Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 26, 2016
Lol, can she also predict when a naira would be equal to $1?

1 Like

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by idari: 7:35am On Sep 26, 2016
K
Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by Nobody: 7:35am On Sep 26, 2016
TROLL OF THE MONTH

4 Likes

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by Chuknovski(m): 7:35am On Sep 26, 2016
Dumb minister

7 Likes

Re: I Can’t Predict When Recession Will End – Finance Minister by bolt000(m): 7:36am On Sep 26, 2016
What Can You Then Predict? Oloshi, Incompetent Daft Weyrey.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidency Endorses KICK AGAINST RAPE (season 4) In Port Harcourt / Buhari Returns To Abuja 4 Days After Visit To Daura / Boko Haram: Zulum Salutes Military, Lists Gains By Troops In Gwoza, Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.