Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,285 members, 7,815,482 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria Professional Football League - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria Professional Football League (865 Views)

These 2 Pictures Show What Players Face In The Nigeria Professional League / Kingsley Okechukwu Ogbodo Donates Football, Jerseys To Enugu Rangers. Photos / Jubilation As Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria League. Breaks 32-Year-Old Jinx (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria Professional Football League by Emirofsambisa1: 9:40am On Sep 26, 2016
The Flying Antelopes who were a force to reckon with in Nigerian football has won the Nigeria top-flight title for the first time in 32 years after Rivers United failed to beat Abia Warriors.

First half goals from Obinna Nwobodo and Chisom Egbuchulam helped Rangers clinch the League title with a game left to spare.

Imama Amapakabo’s men could have waited for the last game of the season against El Kanemi Warriors on October 2, but Rivers United were held to a 0-0 draw by relegation-threatened Abia Warriors, while Wikki Tourists lost 1-0 against Shooting Stars.

Thus, Rangers with the win in Abeokuta, have an unassailable 60 points.

They lead their closest challengers, Rivers United by three points but with superior goals difference.

http://hype9ja.com/enugu-rangers-wins-nigerian-professional-football-league-after-32-years/

Re: Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria Professional Football League by Emirofsambisa1: 9:41am On Sep 26, 2016
Congrats to them!!! 32 years no be beans

1 Like

Re: Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria Professional Football League by stsinner: 11:11am On Sep 26, 2016
They are not NPFL champions yet. The 2nd placed team is trailing them by 3pts but i believe they will still win d league
Re: Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria Professional Football League by ZUBY77(m): 12:01pm On Sep 26, 2016
stsinner:
They are not NPFL champions yet. The 2nd placed team is trailing them by 3pts but i believe they will still win d league

They have won the league
Re: Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria Professional Football League by robosky02(m): 1:00pm On Sep 26, 2016
Emirofsambisa1:
Congrats to them!!! 32 years no be beans

not yet
Re: Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria Professional Football League by stsinner: 7:10pm On Sep 26, 2016
ZUBY77:

They have won the league
how? They have one match remaining & they top d league with 3points. Check ur facts again
Re: Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria Professional Football League by ZUBY77(m): 8:16pm On Sep 26, 2016
stsinner:

how? They have one match remaining & they top d league with 3points. Check ur facts again

Cool..

However, what facts have you checked personally?
Head to head?
Goal differences with the nearest team?
Football rules could be confusing.
Re: Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria Professional Football League by stsinner: 8:41pm On Sep 26, 2016
ZUBY77:

Cool..

However, what facts have you checked personally?
Head to head?
Goal differences with the nearest team?
Football rules could be confusing.
there is nothing confusing in football. D NPFL tab: Rangers=60pts with GD =+12,Rivers=57pts,GD=+8. Go & listen to rangers coach's interview ,in his words "we have another 90mins to make the history but am hopeful that i will win d league".u cant be a champ & still hope to win d league. Any slip up on final day,rivers utd may win it.
Re: Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria Professional Football League by Angelo45(m): 4:42am On Sep 27, 2016
stsinner:

there is nothing confusing in football. D NPFL tab: Rangers=60pts with GD =+12,Rivers=57pts,GD=+8. Go & listen to rangers coach's interview ,in his words "we have another 90mins to make the history but am hopeful that i will win d league".u cant be a champ & still hope to win d league. Any slip up on final day,rivers utd may win it.
My dear u don't expect rivers utd to beat akwa utd at the uyo stadium 5-0 and rangers to lose to El kanemi 2-0 at Enugu. It's almost impossible.. so rangers are crowned champions no doubt
Re: Enugu Rangers Wins Nigeria Professional Football League by stsinner: 9:41am On Sep 27, 2016
Angelo45:

My dear u don't expect rivers utd to beat akwa utd at the uyo stadium 5-0 and rangers to lose to El kanemi 2-0 at Enugu. It's almost impossible.. so rangers are crowned champions no doubt
do u understand my writing at all? In My earlier post,i said they will win d league but they are NOT champions yet. Few days ago, A german lower div team lost a match in d 1st half by 33-0(yes 33goals) & u think Nigerian players are saints. Infact 3years ago, a nigerian league side(plateau utd feeders) needed about 79goals to escape regelation on d final day,& bingo,they scored same in the duration of d game

(1) (Reply)

Sure Winning Let's Hit The Bookies Together All Free / Kanu Nwankwo Makes List Of World’s Soccer Legends / Is Sergio Ramos Real Madrid Most Influential Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.