Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,757 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Intolerance - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Intolerance (792 Views)

Thoughts On Religious Intolerance And Muslim - Christian Relations / Religious Intolerance: Here Are discriminatory Signs In Saudi Arabia / Religious Intolerance: Lessons From Yoruba ‘paganism’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Intolerance by Hidentity(m): 11:21am On Sep 26, 2016
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/09/ogun-pastor-gets-stuck-shrine-loses-consciousness/

Because you are a pastor, then you went to the territory of those who believe in another thing and damaged their shrine. I like the consequence. If I were the Chief priest, these are what the gods will require the pastor to do to be healed:

1: A traditional dance round the market with bare foot and counters tied round his waist

2: Right before 7 elders of his church, he must declare ogun the true god and slaughter a dog to appease it next Easter

3: He must lead a delegate of 21 traditional worshipers to the next Osun-Osogbo festival

4: On a market day at Abeokuta, he must finish a calabash of sacrifice and down it with local gin. The meal would be: Porridge, boiled egg, palm-oil, coconut, ewa aganin, dog meat, and cowries shell which he shall be made to lick.

5: He would shave his head and have one of dem ifa signs permanently endorsed on his shinning skull

6: Finally, he will be made the ambassador for the emancipation of traditional religion in Ogun.

Traditionalists are the most cool. They won't trespass into your churches or mosques. Yet, you will find their trouble.

When you talk religion, the synonyms are INTOLERANCE, ENVY, DECEIT, HYPOCRISY, INABILITY TO THINK, DOGMA.

Religion has killed literally and figuratively than any other thing in the world. It is what gives your pastors and Imams the gut to preach against premarital sex when they will still sleep with you after the service or sermon. They will preach against adultery and still meet with Mama Ijo at night under the adult tree.

If you think lack of education is a bar to good thinking and logic, try religion. The former doesn't let you see, the latter will let you see, but you can't admit it.

Someone was to establish the validity of religion, and he was sending me quotes of some scholars about religion. Mental slavery, I retorted. Who is George Bernard Shaw to tell me religion is the way and I'll take it? He's a scholar in his right, and I am in my right... Yeah, that's cocky, but I repeat, I am in my right. In fact, everybody is in his right.

If we can read theories of law scholars and jurists and identify flaws, why would you dignify a human element as infallible because of some worldly titles and try shoving his ideas down my throat. When I ask you to establish theories, tell me how religion is indispensable and worth it with facts and proven hypothesis. Make it convincing like the laws of thermodynamics are explained. Don't manipulate me emotionally. Subscribing to the tenets of your religion should not be because of fear of some eternal punishment, threat or emotional talks. It is conviction, and when that is lacking, I'm sorry, I can't go about with what I can't defend. It will be a show of shame.
Re: Intolerance by kayceerilyn(f): 12:12pm On Sep 26, 2016
If Hidentity were to be the chief priest with such consequences, then, you will be no different from the chief priest who was not tolerant of others' religion
Re: Intolerance by Hidentity(m): 12:17pm On Sep 26, 2016
kayceerilyn:
If Hidentity were to be the chief priest with such consequences, then, you will be no different from the chief priest who was not tolerant of others' religion

Not intolerant of others' religion, but intolerant of his intolerance/stupidity. He went too far- into the shrine!
Re: Intolerance by kayceerilyn(f): 12:42pm On Sep 26, 2016
Hidentity:

Not intolerant of others' religion, but intolerant of his intolerance/stupidity. He went too far- into the shrine!
And so you will act like him, right issokay
Re: Intolerance by Hidentity(m): 2:31pm On Sep 26, 2016
kayceerilyn:
And so you will act like him, right issokay

Lol. I won't, the gods will only react to his action through me.
Re: Intolerance by kayceerilyn(f): 3:54pm On Sep 26, 2016
Hidentity:

Lol. I won't, the gods will only react to his action through me.
Issorait.. It's been a while though
Re: Intolerance by Hidentity(m): 7:20pm On Sep 26, 2016
kayceerilyn:
Issorait.. It's been a while though

Yes boss, engagements.
Re: Intolerance by kayceerilyn(f): 7:34pm On Sep 26, 2016
Hidentity:

Yes boss, engagements.
Boss Really? I used to be Ghyft on this forum
Re: Intolerance by Hidentity(m): 8:29pm On Sep 26, 2016
[quote author=kayceerilyn post=49695570] Boss Really? I used to be Ghyft on this forum[/quote

I know, but you're still a boss.
Re: Intolerance by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 26, 2016
kayceerilyn:
There's a difference between being intolerant and punishing someone who crossed the line

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Satan Has Offered While GOD Is Pending! So I Made My Choice!! / Can Someone Please Help / Can The Powerless Fight For The Powerful?spiritual Robbers,evil Prophets,pastors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.