Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,001 members, 7,866,796 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:19 AM

Who Needs Friends When NEPA Is Giving Us Light Like This? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Who Needs Friends When NEPA Is Giving Us Light Like This? (508 Views)

Mercy Johnson Is Giving Birth Like Rabbits - Online Uaer / Bisola Gets A Letter From Single Mothers Association For Giving TTT MouthAction / When NEPA Decides To Borrow You Light (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Needs Friends When NEPA Is Giving Us Light Like This? by TheNGmag(m): 6:11pm On Sep 26, 2016
Saying power supply has increased over the last few months is an understatement. Areas where there has been little or no electricity supply all year have witnessed some of their finest power moments in years.

I stay in an area in Lagos where we average about 20 hours of light every week but all that has changed... There’s light on an almost constant basis and we now average 18 hours of electricity ever day.

It is safe to say that before May 2016, majority of us spent more time in the dark with the ever increasing fuel prices and the ever present power outage.

Over the years, one of the problems we faced as a nation was the issue of electricity. If all else doesn’t go right with Nigeria and we don’t have jobs to keep us busy, the least we can do is stay home and enjoy some decent television – we couldn’t do that before with the kind of power situation we had to endure.

There has been so much light over the past months, I have had to continue paying for my DSTV; something I considered a huge waste of cash back in February, and if things stay like this, I might just get myself the recently released play station 4 (If the dollar says so).

So now that there is so much light, if you’re wondering what you should do with it, here are a few suggestions... If you don’t have job, that is.

Video Games

This one can really ruin you so before you decide on this path, you have to make absolutely sure that you have no job, commitment or any(thing/one) depending on you for food or basic shelter. Video games are amazing when there isn’t NEPA to cut your joy in half just when your autosave is autosaving. There has been an amazing stream of video games this year alone and with the new play station 4 on the way, combine the 4k resolution with FIFA 2017 and you have yourself a My-Life-Is-Finished cocktail.

Watch Television

This sounds like a regular advice but chill... There’s so much good stuff on DSTV these days (If you pay for it). If you watch cartoons, there are new episodes of Regular show, Adventure Time, Gumball, and Clarence to start your day. I wouldn’t advice to switch over to the movie stations (There’s laptop for that) but if your DSTV Catch up works, you can binge watch TV shows and re-watch every gruesome minute of Arsenal’s win this weekend.

Ps, if you didn’t get the memo, with 6,000 you can watch all the football you want and in HD too if you buy a Zapper decoder for 9,900.

The Only Thing You Need Friends For Is To Collect Movies

Since there’s almost always light, your PC never really runs low so the best thing you can do for yourself is to stock up on motion pictures... Movies, shows... Anything that works for you. The worst thing that can happen to you is to have a fully charged PC that cannot deliver simple entertainment. If you need a list of movies to see check this compilation http://thengmag.com/Blog/2016/6/pulp-fiction-and-20-other-intriguing-movies-to-see-before-you-die but if you’re a series person, check this http://thengmag.com/Blog/2016/9/10-awesome-shows-to-keep-you-busy-during-the-long-sallah-break

Start A Blog

If there’s one thing you’d quickly realize, it’s that boredom is just boredom regardless of how much fun things you think you’d rather be doing. Sometimes, the best way to handle it is to write down your thoughts and a very productive way of doing that is by starting a blog. Take this serious and you might just become the next Linda Ikeji.

You’ve Been Using The Internet Wrong

If all you do with the incredibly cheap internet we have today is tweet, snapchat and whatsapp, then you’ve been using the internet wrong. The most fun you can have online is on YouTube. Head on to YouTube and enter the keywords “Honest Trailers”, “Elders React”, “Teens React”, “How It Should Have Ended” and be marvelled by the amount of great stuff you’ve been missing on.

Find A Way To Pay Your Bill

If you’re living with your parents, this might not be for you but if you don’t then you probably should think about finding a way to pay for all the electricity you want to blow on playing Video games, Binge watching shows, and watching YouTube funnies all month.

source: http://thengmag.com/Blog/2016/9/who-needs-friends-when-nepa-is-giving-us-light-like-this

Re: Who Needs Friends When NEPA Is Giving Us Light Like This? by callmelanner(m): 6:48pm On Sep 26, 2016
Start yahoo

(1) (Reply)

Fan Club: The Last Ship / Night Flights To Biafra | Story About The Irish Rescue Mission.... Amazing !!!! / New Style Of Music To HIT NIGERIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.