Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,691 members, 7,831,143 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Afropunk UK 2016 (pics) - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Afropunk UK 2016 (pics) (416 Views)

Please Rate Me And My Girl Friend For Miss Delta State 2016- Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Afropunk UK 2016 (pics) by ijescorner: 9:22pm On Sep 26, 2016
About Last Night… (actually about two nights ago) N22 opened its doors to the first UK Afropunk festival.

What is Afropunk though?

Africans playing punk, rock, grime or alternative music in one place. Cool, right?

Date: 24th September 2016

THE STAGE IS SET

The venue was the Alexandra Palace Arena, a gi-normous space that I wondered how it would be filled with Afropunk lovers for the steep price of £63.50. Yikes!

I wondered why so dear?

But you could argue that if Grace Jones is one of the line ups – then you bloody well will pay £63.50 just to see her.
As we entered about 2.40pm, the security people made me chuck my two cans of JD & coke. Well I tried to hide it behind the door – hoping that when the concert was over I’d take a night cap on the train. The plans we make…

The billing for the day included: Grace Jones, The Noisettes, Laura Mvula, Lady Leshurr and more…

Read more on http://www.longidi.com/events/afropunk-alexandra-palace-n22-7ay/

xoxo

Ije

(1) (Reply)

Merry Christmas!!!!! (drop Your Shout-out Nairalanders) / Obiano Scamming The Gullible Not Me / A Lady Jumped 4th Floor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.