Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,269 members, 7,860,627 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:28 PM

Tottenham Vs Manchester City Oct 2 15:00 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Tottenham Vs Manchester City Oct 2 15:00 (509 Views)

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Manchester United (2 - 0) On 31st December 2018 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 20th August 2017 / Manchester United Vs Manchester City: EFL (1 - 0) On 26 Oct 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tottenham Vs Manchester City Oct 2 15:00 by ogododo: 12:33am On Sep 27, 2016
It is a clash of the the leader and second place team in week 7 of English league.
Sunday's game at Tottenham will be Pep Guardiola's toughest test so far as Manchester City manager.

Guardiola has already won the Manchester derby at Old Trafford, but he was up against a new manager in Jose Mourinho who did not know his best United XI at the time.

Tottenham, in contrast, are a settled unit who already know how Mauricio Pochettino wants them to play and are very good at implementing it. When I tipped them to finish second before the season started, that played a big part in my thinking.
Pochettino and Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp began the new campaign ahead of most of the other title contenders because their teams already had an identity and could hit the ground running.

Over the summer everyone kept saying to me: 'Why hasn't Pochettino made more signings?' But he didn't have to.

Six games in, Spurs are unbeaten and in second place behind City after making their best start for 51 years, despite blowing hot and cold at times.
The fact Tottenham are picking up points even when they are not playing well is an ominous sign for their rivals, as is the way they improved after making a much slower start last season, when they eventually finished third.

If they beat City, it will be the sort of statement that will convince many people they are contenders again this year. For me, they have already shown that they are.

Because of what I have already seen, I think Tottenham will win at White Hart Lane and also go the distance in the title race.

Everyone gets overexcited when new managers come to their club and what they fail to realise is how long it usually takes to implement their styles.

Klopp said almost exactly that on Sky Sports' Monday Night Football this week, when he was talking about how people were expecting Liverpool to immediately start playing like his old team Borussia Dortmund when he took charge at Anfield almost 12 months ago.

The reality is that it takes a while to evaluate your squad in order to work out who can play the way you want to and adapt your style to the players you have got.

This is Pochettino's third full season as Spurs boss and it took him time to make this team his own.

The big shock for me is how quickly Guardiola has made that transition at City. I tipped them to win the league, but at this stage I thought he would be having similar problems to Mourinho or Antonio Conte at Chelsea, who are both still bedding in.

City have the highest possession rate - 64% - in the Premier League this season, but I don't think they will have more of the ball at White Hart Lane - and Tottenham will be dangerous whenever they come forward.

Spurs are better known for having a mean defence than scoring freely. They conceded the fewest goals in the top flight last season and have done the same so far in this one - but they are not a defensive-minded team.

Premier League 2016-17 (and rank)
Goals Shots per game On target Conversion rate
Tottenham 10 (=5th) 13.2 (1st) 5.83 (4th) 12.7% (15th)
Man City 18 (1st) 12.8 (2nd) 6 (3rd) 23.4% (2nd)
They have actually had more shots, or chances, than any other top-flight side in 2016-17, just as they did in 2015-16. It is only their shot conversion which has been letting them down.

But Son Heung-min has improved that ratio almost single-handedly in their past three games, while also showing that Tottenham do not just rely on the injured Harry Kane to get them goals.

Re: Tottenham Vs Manchester City Oct 2 15:00 by ogododo: 2:09pm On Oct 02, 2016
Our Old Trafford Lord cannot even beat the bottom club. Ahhhahahha
Re: Tottenham Vs Manchester City Oct 2 15:00 by jotey(m): 2:12pm On Oct 02, 2016
Re: Tottenham Vs Manchester City Oct 2 15:00 by ChappyChase: 2:17pm On Oct 02, 2016
Awon City bois we dwy crash tottenham record today grin grin
I don cat walk enter thread

Re: Tottenham Vs Manchester City Oct 2 15:00 by ChappyChase: 2:19pm On Oct 02, 2016
Silver ooo!!!! shocked shocked
Re: Tottenham Vs Manchester City Oct 2 15:00 by colossus2: 2:30pm On Oct 02, 2016
Tottenham winning grin
Re: Tottenham Vs Manchester City Oct 2 15:00 by colossus2: 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2016
2 - 0 cheesy
Re: Tottenham Vs Manchester City Oct 2 15:00 by ogododo: 3:08pm On Oct 02, 2016
Mukina2 there is war already

(1) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Sunderland Sun 26 Dec 4pm / Arsenal Fans Arguing After Barcelona Demolition (video) / Crying Mourinho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.