Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says (17415 Views)

RESIGN NOW: Oyegun, Nnamani, Falana & 47 Other Tells President / Restructuring Not Apc’s Priority Now – Oyegun / Arrest And Prosecute ‪#‎tinubu‬ Now, ‪#‎PDP‬ Demands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by Limitednow: 5:08am On Sep 27, 2016
THE All Progressives Congress, APC,  National Chairman, Chief John Odigie Oyegun has said he will not reply the allegations raised against him by the party’s National Leader, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu against him now.

Oyegun who acknowleged that Asiwaju remained the most respected leader of APC said he was more preoccupied with the coming governorship election in Edo state, and hence would not like to lose focus in the process.

Oyegun told newsmen in Benin, the Edo State capital that he cannot be seen joining issues with Asiwaju Tinubu whom he described as a respected leader of the APC.

Besides, he said the Edo State gubernatorial poll remains utmost priority at the moment even as he denied most of the things said about his person in the media.

Oyegun, however, stated that he needed to consult with other key leaders of the ruling party before he could say anything on the contentious matter that compelled the former Lagos State governor to explode in some of the national dailies Monday.

According to him: “Asiwaju is well respected leader of our party so I cannot be seen speaking evil against him. I have to consult properly with other leaders of the party before we make any definite statement. Again, you know we have a crucial election here in Edo which is my priority right now.”

He added: “We don’t want to lose focus and I know Asiwaju also wants us to win because we all have worked hard for this. So may be after the election if there is need I will speak if no need I will relax.

“But all I can say now is that most of the things said in the papers about me are not true. I have always believed in internal democracy, that the credibility of primaries must be taken seriously.”

Oyegun Must Go - Timi Frank

Supporting an earlier statement by a former Governor of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu, the Deputy National Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, Timi Frank, has issued a 14-day notice to John Oyegun, the chairman of the party, to resign.

Mr. Frank said Mr. Tinubu’s explosive statement Sunday night corroborated earlier grievances he had raised against Mr. Oyegun.

He said Mr. Tinubu’s statement also gave him another launch pad to demand the chairman’s ouster.

“The founding father of our party, the national leader of our party has concurred to my earlier call that Oyegun should resign as the national chairman. That should let you know that I foresaw what they didn’t see,” Mr. Frank said, adding that “I am giving Oyegun 14 days from today to convene a NEC meeting to do so.

“I have started mobilising NEC members to ensure that the APC leadership is made to do the right thing and summon a NEC meeting.”

Mr. Frank said Mr. Oyegun had allegedly failed to show leadership in every crisis the party has faced since its formation three years ago.

“As far as I am aware, APC under Oyegun has not been able to resolve one crisis in this party.

“Today now it is Tinubu that is shouting, I can bet you, more leaders will still speak out but if we don’t do anything to for this man to go.

“So, I want to throw my weight behind the call by Tinubu for the national chairman to resign because it has been my earlier position and I still stand by it,” Mr. Frank said.

Mr. Tinubu had cited alleged betrayal of trust and manipulation of Ondo State APC primary results as grounds for demanding Mr. Oyegun’s resignation.

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/09/apc-crisis-why-i-wont-reply-tinubu-now-oyegun-says/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by HtwoOw: 5:18am On Sep 27, 2016
Reasoning through the anus

3 Likes

Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by fulaniHERDSman(m): 5:21am On Sep 27, 2016
grin

5 Likes

Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by IVORY2009(m): 5:35am On Sep 27, 2016
na wa...
Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by rayblast(m): 5:56am On Sep 27, 2016
Set of confused people

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:05am On Sep 27, 2016
Matured Man

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by Babzrockman: 6:07am On Sep 27, 2016
Tinubu has stated his own reasons. What's ur own reasons to oust the embattled chairman?

2 Likes

Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by paschal47(m): 6:07am On Sep 27, 2016
the recession is causing crisis within the cabinet.

Chai bubu you no try at all, dollar is now 445

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by EMMYZEE(m): 6:08am On Sep 27, 2016
ehya......
Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by nzemila(m): 6:13am On Sep 27, 2016
mr oyegun you dont need to reply him you are a leader.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by sinistermind(m): 6:22am On Sep 27, 2016
I'll just sit back and laugh... i knew this will happen sooner or later. The party was designed to implode. you just can't have two many kings in a kingdom and expect it to be peaceful.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by ificatchmodeh: 6:27am On Sep 27, 2016
You see eh..karma sweet..this men gather for that year..d abuse PDP..abuse Gej...dey do anyau..even threaten to form parallel government.
E don be for them naa..matter don tight..Apc don d implode..better one oh..wey no fit get pieces..

Na d beginning still be like this...wonder au e wan take end..
The explosion go bad gan!!

Loving this. cheesy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by QuotaSystem: 6:36am On Sep 27, 2016
If any of the reported details are anything to go by, then Oyegun ERRED and should shut up.

You cannot fight imposition with imposition. Submitting Akete's name to INEC as candidate when the panel vote says otherwise is unprincipled, undemocratic and is nothing but pure treachery.

Oyegun needs to resign or make amends or the future of their party will drift into the realm of uncertainty. I hope PMB continues to maintain his neutrality.

5 Likes

Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by sarrki(m): 6:42am On Sep 27, 2016
Don't bite the fingers that feeds you

1 Like

Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by Nobody: 6:49am On Sep 27, 2016
Left to me, don't even reply Tinubu. Allow Dino the slayer of Remi ati take over

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by otukpo(f): 6:51am On Sep 27, 2016
APC house of confusion.

7 Likes

Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by hucienda: 6:55am On Sep 27, 2016
This is what happens when strange bedfellows come together to form a political party devoid of ideology - only to oust an individual.

Political parties are formed based on ideology. For example, the Republican party, was formed in the US in 1854 as a broad coalition of some abolitionists, ex-Whigs and even few Democrats - to fight the scourge of slavery. Now, a 162 years later, the party is home for most conservatives and the political right.

If the APC keeps up with this macabre dance, it could split to its constituent parts, which - though I disagree with some of their issues on governance at the centre - would not be good in the long run for the growth of the country's nascent democracy in the fourth republic.

In other news, in my view ...

Madame Clinton and Mister Trump were virtually a tie in their first debate.

The Donald started strongly, midway it was a draw and Hillary finished strongly.

Watching the debate, one of the things going through my mind was - "when will Nigeria be serious like this?"

12 Likes

Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by Nobody: 6:56am On Sep 27, 2016
Strange bed fellows

2 Likes

Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by 1shortblackboy: 6:56am On Sep 27, 2016
Which 1 bw our own inside
Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by dunkem21(m): 7:00am On Sep 27, 2016
undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by Mujaheeeden: 7:14am On Sep 27, 2016
Tinubu has become so unimportant that his cries are waved away like a kid denied his akara balls

Tinubu right now

20 Likes

Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by gen2briz(m): 7:49am On Sep 27, 2016
#istandwithjagaban

1 Like

Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by BossKratos: 7:52am On Sep 27, 2016
Old fools in quarrel mode.......Na una sabi!

2 Likes

Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by EMMYLBANKS(m): 8:31am On Sep 27, 2016
please don't oo
Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by holuwatobhy(m): 8:38am On Sep 27, 2016
K

1 Like

Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by Toluwani113: 8:39am On Sep 27, 2016
Ki
Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by Turks: 8:39am On Sep 27, 2016
You won't reply now cos you intend to beg later.

Power drunk lot... angry
Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 27, 2016
if tinubu isn't careful with his choice if words, and rants, he would be demystified soon.

Trust me, he's begining to loose grip politically.. @

1 Like

Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by olaolulazio(m): 8:41am On Sep 27, 2016
Pls don't reply him abeg... Let Dino Minaye do the response for u.

1 Like

Re: I Won't Reply Tinubu Now, Oyegun Says by Omeokachie: 8:41am On Sep 27, 2016
This Oyegun is the type of guy who would say... "If no be say you be my elder, I for tell you say you dey mad".

You are disrespecting Tinubu and at the same time saying that he is the most respected leader of your party!

If Dino no dey threaten to give my guy wife belle, Oyegun go dey one corner dey rub im nose for ground.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari May Live Longer Than Those Peddling His Death Rumour —oshiomhole / We’ve Taken Nigeria Out Of Hell, Nobody Should Pray Return Of PDP — Lai Mohammed / Kwankwaso Visits Edwin Clark, Condemns Invasion Of His Residence (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.