Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,503 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

The Truth About Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Truth About Religion (399 Views)

"Are They Right Or Wrong About Religion" Top 35 Quotes By Famous Atheists / At A Cross Roads About Religion? Hop In! / This Post Made Me Have A Deep Thought About Religion [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About Religion by ltechniger(m): 11:07am On Sep 27, 2016
There are three levels of reality

These include FACT, FATE (Religion), FAITH (Truth).

Fact is simply believing in only what can be physically measured or proven i.e scientific evidence. Facts can change over time i.e it could be a fact that I am a young boy today, but after a few years, it may be factually correct to say that I am an old man. Fact is not Truth.

Religion is half way between fact and faith and is the worst of the three see definitions below.

Faith is absolute trust in the truth, it's only truth that is immutable i.e can not change over time, it can not be influenced and it

What is the basic purpose of religion?
Religion is designed to focus the people's attention and energy on a single, unchanging, uncompromising and invisible supreme being who allegedly created an inferior human race just for some extra companionship and love for himself and then supposedly foisted a set of oppressive and in some cases arbitrary rules on them, which if broken would be met with unimaginable punishment.

This keeps the followers in a continuing state of fear and compliance.

They are afraid to question the intentions of this invisible being and they are afraid of even expressing their own individuality in many cases. They and others are taught that they have virtually no power to do anything except pray, worship and do good deeds.

They are taught to practice self-denial and are told that their own will is totally irrelevant. Religious followers believe that they are yielding their will over to a god who has their best interests at heart when in fact they are handing over their will and freedoms to hidden groups of religious elites for the elites own personal gains.

Where is the lesson for us in that? What has been achieved? There is no lesson or purpose because it's all about mass psychological enslavement and disempowerment.

Many have lowered themselves to the pointless practice of hero worship.

Furthermore, Christianity, Islam and a few other religions are polarized religions. They are polarized against each other. One is believed to be good and the other is seen as bad. The funny thing is, that each one thinks that their's is good and the other's is bad. In most ways they are all bad. The only good kind of religion is a no religion.

Polarized religions have been devised by influential elite leaders to play the people off against each other. That way the elite can defeat and enslave the population practically without lifting a finger.

Religion is like a drug to some. as they are addicted to it, so they cant have enough of it.

The churches don't permit their followers to have any real truth and knowledge because that would empower the people too much so they spoon feed them kiddie stories, half truths, distortions and even lies and the followers value it highly even though they must spend the rest of their lives just making sense of it.

The irony is that religion is pretty much man made, so mankind has really brought this onto themselves.

The religious elites are not totally to blame because many people actually enjoy listening to mystical sounding stories, performing rituals, customs and traditions, playing polarity roles and dramas and waging battles against what they perceive to be a devil boogie man. They also have a secret fetish to be dominated and ruled with an iron fist by a supreme ruler or king.

After all these centuries people still haven't learned to find out the truth about how it all began.

It is only the truth that can set humanity free from this cycle of deceit and enslavement.

I am therefore provoking a debate for all truth seekers who want to know what exactly the truth is about our world.

What is the truth about the existence of man?

Why are we here?

Where from here?

P.S/Caveat

I am a believer in Jesus Christ so I can truthfully call myself a Christian, even though not in the sense that is generally accepted, it is not my intention to antagonize any group but just to open people's eyes to the truth.

If you feel you are contented with what you have, then please move on.

(1) (Reply)

OPEN HEAVEN Devotional(wed. 12/10/2016) / Faith, A Must For Christianity. / We’ve Not Passed Sharia Bill, Says Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.