Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,728 members, 7,851,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:52 PM

Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. (3125 Views)

Atiku Abubakar And Goodluck Jonathan Hug At The PDP Convention (Photo) / Text Of The Acceptance Speech By The New Chairman Of The PDP / Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 27, 2016
All is now set for the Edo state gubernatorial election which holds tomorrow. An election that was billed to hold two weeks earlier had to be postponed due to security concerns. Now that all i's and t's have been well dotted and crossed, the sovereignty of the people to choose their leaders comes to the fore tomorrow.
Without disparaging the other candidates in the race, the election is a two horse race between Dr Godwin Obaseki, the candidate of the APC; and Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu, the candidate of the PDP. So far, all indicators point to a PDP's victory.
Pastor Osagie Iyamu is a grassroots politician who has served the state meritoriously. His meteoric rise in politics is due to his penchant for hard work and service delivery to the people. He is known as a politician who walks the talk; not one who makes grandiose campaign promises to hoodwink the electorate. He is the only candidate among the lot who has coherently elucidated his plans for Edo state vis-à-vis Edo people. All these have made him the darling of the electorate and have made the election a mere expression of what the people have agreed on.
Osagie's party, the Peoples Democratic Party, has been in the throes of crisis since its awful defeat at the last presidential polls. It has had to contend with different centrifugal forces pulling it in different directions. Now that the crisis has abated a little coupled with the imminent victory in Edo State, the members and supporters of the party can now look forward to the return of the good old days when the party won elections based on public goodwill. The long dark night brought by the monumental defeat at the 2015 polls has now ended. A new day is about to break for the PDP as the rising sun of victory appears on the horizon.

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 27, 2016
Obaseki of APC will win for sure. He will win minimun of 12 LGA out of the 18 LGA in Edo state.

Obaseki of APC will win 70% of Edo North, 55% of Edo South while Ize Iyamu will win 55% of Edo Central.

Obaseki of APC will win minimum of 55% of the total vote.

The strongest PDP stronghold in Edo state is Uromi in Esan North East LGA. But even there the commisioner of Agriculture is pulling heavy wealth. APC is expected to get atleast 40% of the vote there.

so it is very unlikely for PDP to win.

PDP hardship campaign will not work. Edo people are aware that price of rice has nothing to do with state govt.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2016
ibhagab:
Obaseki of APC will win for sure. He will win minimun of 12 LGA out of the 18 LGA in Edo state.

Obaseki of APC will win 70% of Edo North, 55% of Edo South while Ize Iyamu will win 55% of Edo Central.

The strongest PDP stronghold in Edo state is Uromi in Esan North East LGA. But even there the commisioner of Agriculture is pulling heavy wealth. APC is expected to get atleast 40% of the vote there.

PDP hardship campaign will not work. Edo people are aware that price of rice has nothing to do with state govt.

There is no need to speculate about the outcome of the election. Tomorrow will unveil the people's choice. It is going to be a close race, but the PDP and its candidate will emerge triumphant in the election.

6 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by dannytoe(m): 3:54pm On Sep 27, 2016
Na Godwin!

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
bejeiodus:
There is no need to speculate about the outcome of the election. Tomorrow will unveil the people's choice. It is going to be a close race, but the PDP and its candidate will emerge triumphant in the election.

As the guy dey give figure eh...
Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by donphilopus: 4:05pm On Sep 27, 2016
ibhagab:

To me o boss, APC would likely win in 10 LGA's in the Election. Obaseki is likely to garner up to 70% of the votes in Edo North, 35% in Edo Central but dunno what would happen in Edo South because I don't really know how the two Candidates stand there. But I predict a 4 - 3 (out of the 7 LGA's) win in favour of Obaseki. All in all, Obaseki should have up to 55% of the votes in Edo South.

Obaseki will win the 6 LGA's in Edo North. No doubt! Ize-Iyamu may likely or will win the 5 LGA's in Edo Central. While the 7 LGA's in Edo South would be shared. Obaseki may likely have 4 while Ize-Iyamu would have 3. So at the end, Obaseki is gonna be declared the victor!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by LorDBolton(m): 4:05pm On Sep 27, 2016
bejeiodus:

Hypocrisy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by NgeneUkwenu(f): 4:18pm On Sep 27, 2016
By this evening, there will be heavy movement of cash across the wards...Whoever shares more, wins more...

Abi no be Edo again?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by decasey(m): 4:23pm On Sep 27, 2016
ibhagab:

PDP hardship campaign will not work. Edo people are aware that price of rice has nothing to do with state govt. Do I leave in Edo state?

Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by decasey(m): 4:24pm On Sep 27, 2016
ibhagab:

PDP hardship campaign will not work. Edo people are aware that price of rice has nothing to do with state govt. Do I leave in Edo state?

do u leave on Edo state?
Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by opribo(m): 4:50pm On Sep 27, 2016
I wish the pastor wins to shame that 'pinchomic' governor jumping about likecsomeone high on coke.
All the illegal money the is using to maintain the imported wife will be exposed.

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 27, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:
By this evening, there will be heavy movement of cash across the wards...Whoever shares more, wins more...

Abi no be Edo again?
It is not peculiar to Edo State. It has become an essential feature of our politics.

By the way Ngene, I am yet to see your take on the political crisis rocking your party.
Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 27, 2016
opribo:
I wish the pastor wins to shame that 'pinchomic' governor jumping about likecsomeone high on coke.
All the illegal money the is using to maintain the imported wife will be exposed.
The pastor will win and that will mark the resurgence of the PDP.

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by emeijeh(m): 6:54pm On Sep 27, 2016
decasey:
do u leave on Edo state?
Who be dis one again?
Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by emeijeh(m): 6:56pm On Sep 27, 2016
PDP has already taken Edo.
Op i pity your situation

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 27, 2016
emeijeh:
PDP has already taken Edo. Op i pity your situation
Did you read my post at all?
Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 27, 2016
emeijeh:
PDP has already taken Edo. Op i pity your situation
Did you read my post at all?
Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by decasey(m): 8:04pm On Sep 27, 2016
emeijeh:

Who be dis one again?
mistake, am sorry about dat.
Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 27, 2016
Edo must GO forward sha.. ready with my pvc
Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 27, 2016
Mercie97:
Edo must GO forward sha.. ready with my pvc
To whom does your vote go to?
Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 27, 2016
bejeiodus:
I have already said it, just read between the lines wink
Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by INCREDIBLEGUY: 8:41pm On Sep 27, 2016
guys lets start voting now....... If you are for pdp type pdp and if you are for apc type apc
Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 27, 2016
bejeiodus:

GO means Godwin Obaseki. That is APC.
Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 27, 2016
Mercie97:

I have already said it, just read between the lines wink
You truly know whom the cap fits. Oshiomole and his protégé will be hit by hurricane Iyamu.
Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Sep 27, 2016
ibhagab:

GO means Godwin Obaseki. That is APC.
GO means 'get out'. The APC will be thrown out of the government house tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by Josymor: 9:27pm On Sep 27, 2016
Burial for APC, Victory for PDP!
Re: Edo Election: Breaking A New Day For The PDP. by able20(m): 9:37pm On Sep 27, 2016
Apc leadership at the National level has destroyed the party

(1) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen: Read The Reasons Why Gowon Is Silent. / BREAKING!!! Nnamdi Kanu Orders Attack On Buhari In Japan / 2023 Presidency: South West Goes For Broke, Insists Its Presidency Or Nothing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.