Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,095 members, 7,849,423 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:11 PM

Dangote Set For New Investment Target In Africa, After Been Honored With 2016 AB - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dangote Set For New Investment Target In Africa, After Been Honored With 2016 AB (317 Views)

Ada Ameh Honored With A Chieftaincy Title In Benue State (Photos) / Ray Hushpuppi Is Been Honored By Manchester United Teammates / Meek Mill Coming To Africa After Rating Shows Most Followers Were Lagos Based (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dangote Set For New Investment Target In Africa, After Been Honored With 2016 AB by superchichi(f): 2:27pm On Sep 27, 2016
In recognition of his immense contribution to human capital development in Africa through the establishment of businesses across the African continent, a United States of America based Organization, Africa-America Institute (AAI) has honoured the President of Dangote Group, Aliko Dangote with the “2016 African Business Leader Award.”

The business guru was named and presented the award at a colourful ceremony held on the side-line of the United Nations Congress held in New York city, United States alongside other prominent Africans like Stephen Hayes, President and CEO of the Corporate Council on Africa (CCA), who won the AAI ‘2016 U.S. Business Leader Award’; and Sunil Benimadhu, Executive Director of the Stock Exchange of Mauritius (SEM), who won the AAI ‘2016 Distinguished Alumnus Award.’

Dangote said he was humbled by the award considering the pedigree of the award which celebrates African achievement at the global stage and promised that he would not be deterred by the current economic challenges in Nigeria but would intensify the expansion of his businesses across Africa.

At the award Gala themed “Education: The Key to Africa’s Economic Growth,”, Dangote expressed delight that the Institute broughteducation in Africa to the front burner., noting “I have always been passionate about education because I believe it is a weapon of liberation.

Drawing a reference from a Nelson Mandela quote that: “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”, the Chairman of Dangote Cement, global, said he identified himself with laudable initiatives that seek to promote educational growth and development, particularly in Africa.
“As a matter of fact, I am a founding member of the Gordon Brown-led Global Business Coalition for Education. Education is also one of the cardinal areas that the Aliko Dangote Foundation focuses on. I believe quality and affordable education will address the immense social and economic inequalities that often breed discontent in many parts of Africa. I also believe education will strengthen the human capital that will drive Africa’s development in the 21st Century.
“I am happy to note that AAI has been contributing to Africa’s development, through training and education, since it was founded 63 years ago. This award is coming at a time the Dangote Group is rapidly expanding its footprints across Africa, and into new sectors.

Re: Dangote Set For New Investment Target In Africa, After Been Honored With 2016 AB by superchichi(f): 2:28pm On Sep 27, 2016
Re: Dangote Set For New Investment Target In Africa, After Been Honored With 2016 AB by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 27, 2016
he's a major problem to our economy

(1) (Reply)

It Is Not The Destiny Of Every Single Person To Get Married - Banky W / The Stinky Cheese Man And Other / Fire Alert!!!! A.mike To Drop "SHAKARA' Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.