Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,776 members, 7,851,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:05 AM

Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You (5891 Views)

Buhari Deploys Service Chiefs To Niger Delta Over Rising Militancy. / Children Welcome President Buhari To Niger Republic In Style (photo) / Lagosians,Mention The Areas Where Fashola Failed You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by akigbemaru: 6:06am On Oct 17, 2009
Fhemmmy:

ouchhhh, that hurts.
Besides, any Nigeria or even non-Nigeria can talk about any state whichever way they want, as long as freedom of speech is yet to be revoked in nigeria

It's, but gotta be a two-way thing; I bet your people would not want anybody to criticize them. You must be ready to discard your preposterous polemic altitude!
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by proproman(m): 9:14am On Oct 17, 2009
@akigbewhatever, i don't blame whoever said nairaland is full of ethnic bigots. Obviously, it's people like you that cause others to think such. What was the aim of your unnecessary, aimless, tribalistic rant? If you feel you cannot have one Nigeria with other tribes in the country, pack your bags and leave the country. Relocate to Benin Republic as becomrich proposed. Beyond your ignoble rant, what have you as an individual done to better the lot of your people? How have you helped develop the society around you? Am sure you don't pay tax, yet you come here and utter rubbish like you've done everything right. Mr man go and learn how to look at things objectively instead of through ethnic lenses. You can reply me after you've paid your tax in full. You are not a Yoruba person alone. You are also a Nigerian and if all you're concerned with is promoting your tribe and not your country, then you don't deserve to be Nigerian. Maybe Somalia will fit you better. "hiss". angry
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by agitator: 10:29am On Oct 17, 2009
All these are propagandas which only fools will buy into.  The major problem we have in Nigeria is that majority are corrupt and corrupt minded (approximately 75%).  I am a niger delta and have been living here and is still living in the niger delta.  You cannot compare the level of corruption in the niger delta to any other place.  People being employed in more than one place while others are jobless. The same niger delta people that are making noise all over of how the other tribes have been short changing them in terms of employment, when job opportunities are available they sell to outsiders leaving their brothers (I mean same parents) jobless.  What of the employment process, by recommendation, house of assembly member knowing fully well that his relation is already employed once any new opportunity arise the same family members that are already employed their names will still be sent whereas there are more qualified jobless niger deltans who are willing to work.  These people who are recommended are not willing to work because they are recommended by one big man or the other, and so can not be sacked like that, they are only interested in the wages/salaries they will collect at the end of the month (causing us to be labelled as lazy people who don’t want to work hard [but a few who manage to break these obstacles work really hard surprising their employers]).

Talk of development, local governments no single project. Procedure every month – collect allocation – keep in fixed deposit – after three months pay workers 1month salary – remainder shared.

If I should detail everything that is happening here, it will be equivalent of the “Roots” novel in volume/size.

desthan:

Bankole, Shut your trap, Solution: Remove the damn immunity clause, period

What of Odili, Ibori, etc do they still have immunity?

Immunity clause does not stop somebody from being prosecuted for criminal offences. the Governor of Illinois is presently facing prosecution.

All countries have immunity clause to protect the governor/president and the deputy/vice from civil suits, so that he can concentrate on his job, and not immunity from criminal cases such as embezzlement, murder, rape, etc.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Beaf: 12:28pm On Oct 17, 2009
akigbemaru:

Who owns this Niger Delta? Is it not this same Yoruba people? Let put aside the divide and conquer tactics of colonial rulers. You and I know the fact that Yoruba people inhabited the island called WESTERN REGION, and as you know two bosses cannot tug in the same boat. You could see our influence on everything in Western Region, even currently we own 82% of all the land on Western Region. Ijaws and others on western region know that they were all visitors who had adapted their selves into our cultural realm.

Then, to all the cave tribe called ibos. I don't know what is wrong with them with their obsessed kerfuffle with anything Yoruba or Oduduwa. Don't blame us, blame God who made you inferior to Yoruba tribe. We made you too! Your tribe used to be monkeys and could mumble any speech till our son "Bichop Samuel Ajayi Crowther" codified your ibo language for you. So, what do you do to show us your appreciation? The only thing you did was to eat all our MONKEYS in Idanre Hills.
Also, trying to get credit for everything Yoruba culture produced to this world, anyway they whole world cannot be fooled. Go on youtube and type igbo culture or religion, you are probably going to see like 4,000 clips; but just Yoruba culture or religion it's over 10,000,000 clips I promise you and it's guaranteed.

[size=21pt]Why are you always insulting yourself?

I am from the Niger Delta and there are no yoruba people there, not one. One thing is clear, you don't bleeping own us, never have and never will.[/size]

Name one Yoruba town in the Niger Delta or any town that paid homage to Yoruba. Rather some of your people paid homage to Benin kingdom.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 17, 2009
Its d truth.In lagos tinubu did little in 8yrs,now fashola is d best gov in nigeria.Niger delta govs shd perform&not wait for yar adua
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Coleslove: 1:35pm On Oct 17, 2009

@ KnowAll
The above statement does it not show there is dissent in PDP,  a PDP Speaker criticising a PDP Governor, meanwhile praising an AC Governor. I thought Party Politics is about protecting each other, in other climes u will not catch Labour MPs praising Conservative or Republicans doing the same to Democrats.

All those fools in PDP should leave that fold and follow their hearts desire; I think it is not all about Party Politics anymore it is about human greed.

Statements like this even though  it is good to make those kleptomaniacs in the South-South to sit up speaks volumes, and gives us a hint that all is not well within the ranks of the PDP.

If Dimeji believes in AC why doesn't he declare it publicly rather having a swipe at one of its own.

With thoughts like the ones in bold, you have just shown that you are in no way better than those who are doing more harm to this country. I strongly suggest you change such orientations if you have got such. Recall: McCain never liked the happening in the Republicans' camp but that never meant he should leave. Leaving one party to another because you feel things ain't right is not the solution to the problem. Rather, you have just increased the problems. What is you try and figure out what is your place in the party structure/development? Doing good and good governance is not all about joining or being in the best or worse party. It has to do solely with what the individual is made up of sincerely, After all, we have all heard and quoted the Nigerian proverb that "Out of a black pot comes a white pap". Nigeria has been tagged bad by other countries, yet we still have citizens who excel the best out there. Does it mean they should renounce their Nigerian citizenry. No!
Anyways, it think your post seems out of the the main point.

Good day
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by SapeleGuy: 2:10pm On Oct 17, 2009
akigbemaru:

The reason why Ajegunle is like that is because of you and your family, who will leave village on purpose with no intention to add values to the city. At the end of the day, would get stuck in Ajegunle.

Agbekpo - Ajegunle is like that because your sort are lazy and dirty. With your posts on this site you have proven yourself to be a congenital slowpoke. Tell Fashola to clean up your cesspit.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by anonimi: 3:49pm On Oct 17, 2009
somebody should ask the loudmouth Bankole if he and his PDP acolytes have not failed Yoruba people.
See pot (Bankole) calling kettle (9ja Delta leaders) black
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Etyguy(m): 4:58pm On Oct 17, 2009
I strongly agree with Mr Speaker that our leaders in Niger Delta are not living up to their responsibilities, because the Nd ought to be better than it is today. but that is not to say that the Federal govt. shouldn't give them more money, but their should be a way in which the federal govt. should make the state to acount for the monies that they have collected so far as the state house of assemble has failed in that regard.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Beaf: 5:30pm On Oct 17, 2009
Etyguy:

I strongly agree with Mr Speaker that our leaders in Niger Delta are not living up to their responsibilities, because the Nd ought to be better than it is today. but that is not to say that the Federal govt. shouldn't give them more money, but their should be a way in which the federal govt. should make the state to acount for the monies that they have collected so far as the state house of assemble has failed in that regard.

Accountabilty is the crux of the issue. With the present top down structure of the country, it is impossible hold a state govt to task whithout FG involvement. Afterall, the FG gives the money and governors should be accountable to their source of money right?

The country is set up wrong, it better suits a military dictatorship setup than a democratic one; it is a unitary system rather than a federation. We will never develop or have peace until it is corrected. Any other effort is applying bandage upon bandage.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by PastorOla1: 5:56pm On Oct 17, 2009
frank talk
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by babapupa: 6:11pm On Oct 17, 2009
Accountabilty is the crux of the issue. With the present top down structure of the country, it is impossible hold a state govt to task whithout FG involvement. Afterall, the FG gives the money and governors should be accountable to their source of money right?

The country is set up wrong, it better suits a military dictatorship setup than a democratic one; it is a unitary system rather than a federation. We will never develop or have peace until it is corrected. Any other effort is applying bandage upon bandage.

But it is not impossible for MEND to dish out the same deadly justice they dish out to innocent Nigerians.

The only thing I get every time I read your posts regarding the delta always = Deltans are freeking helpless and incapable of doing anything right without the federal government's magical breath and presence. Sounds like you need the feds to tie your shoes and brush your freeking teeth too.

But one thing you don't need the federal government's help for is how to loot your people's resources, how to kidnap and kill innocent Nigerians, and how to extort money from the same federal government.

You're just like a freeking manifestion of the bad eggs holding back the good people of the delta.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by becomrich15: 6:42pm On Oct 17, 2009
Beaf, you are not from the south south, you are an igboman. That want I am 100% sure.

Do you know where Igarra is?
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Beaf: 7:33pm On Oct 17, 2009
babapupa:

But it is not impossible for MEND to dish out the same deadly justice they dish out to innocent Nigerians.

The only thing I get every time I read your posts regarding the delta always = Deltans are freeking helpless and incapable of doing anything right without the federal government's magical breath and presence. Sounds like you need the feds to tie your shoes and brush your freeking teeth too.

But one thing you don't need the federal government's help for is how to loot your people's resources, how to kidnap and kill innocent Nigerians, and how to extort money from the same federal government.

You're just like a freeking manifestion of the bad eggs holding back the good people of the delta.

From the same guy who said our "elected oficials" let Saro Wiwa down? https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-321491.192.html#msg4542731
Do you have a religious duty to comment on the ND that you know absolutely nothing about? Wonders never cease!

Even the most ignorant person knows that Saro Wiwa and the Ogoni 9 were executed by Abacha.

Tribalists always crawl out from under your stones to sweeping comments, even when as people, you are glaringly ignorant and not very bright.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by dedeike: 7:50pm On Oct 17, 2009
Bankole tell them.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by becomrich15: 8:05pm On Oct 17, 2009
I think , we should stop focusing on the oil producing state. and start asking the others state what do they produce.

We should ask what have the 54% of the federal govt been used for too. Is it not going to North.
13% and 54% which want is more.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by ProAnti: 8:12pm On Oct 17, 2009
agitator:

All these are propagandas which only fools will buy into.  The major problem we have in Nigeria is that majority are corrupt and corrupt minded (approximately 75%).  I am a niger delta and have been living here and is still living in the niger delta.  You cannot compare the level of corruption in the niger delta to any other place.  People being employed in more than one place while others are jobless. The same niger delta people that are making noise all over of how the other tribes have been short changing them in terms of employment, when job opportunities are available they sell to outsiders leaving their brothers (I mean same parents) jobless.  What of the employment process, by recommendation, house of assembly member knowing fully well that his relation is already employed once any new opportunity arise the same family members that are already employed their names will still be sent whereas there are more qualified jobless niger deltans who are willing to work.  These people who are recommended are not willing to work because they are recommended by one big man or the other, and so can not be sacked like that, they are only interested in the wages/salaries they will collect at the end of the month (causing us to be labelled as lazy people who don’t want to work hard [but a few who manage to break these obstacles work really hard surprising their employers]).

Talk of development, local governments no single project. Procedure every month – collect allocation – keep in fixed deposit – after three months pay workers 1month salary – remainder shared.

If I should detail everything that is happening here, it will be equivalent of the “Roots” novel in volume/size.

What of Odili, Ibori, etc do they still have immunity?

Immunity clause does not stop somebody from being prosecuted for criminal offences. the Governor of Illinois is presently facing prosecution.

All countries have immunity clause to protect the governor/president and the deputy/vice from civil suits, so that he can concentrate on his job, and not immunity from criminal cases such as embezzlement, murder, rape, etc.

This post is from an obviously disgruntled youth who could not get a job cos he isnt connected. The guy does not even believe in merit.

On the highlighted parts.
I served in Katsina State. I served in a local government secretariat and I can tell you that all the FG allocation goes into the pockets of the local government chairman and his cohorts. They dont come to work at all. You only see the workers when it is payday.
All the chairman does is build mosques and renovate structurea. What is left of the over 70million naira monthly allocation goes to ,
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Oct 17, 2009
Pro Anti:

This post is from an obviously disgruntled youth who could not get a job cos he isnt connected. The guy does not even believe in merit.

On the highlighted parts.
I served in Katsina State. I served in a local government secretariat and I can tell you that all the FG allocation goes into the pockets of the local government chairman and his cohorts. They dont come to work at all. You only see the workers when it is payday.
All the chairman does is build mosques and renovate structurea. What is left of the over 70million naira monthly allocation goes to ,

This is a seriously irrritating way of trying to argue whateve point it is you intended to make with the above. Is there currently any millitant group out there crying on behalf of Katsina state indigenes to the federal government? No!! So why bring up the problems in that state when the focus is supposed to be on the Deltans at this time? We know all states have serious problems but guess what? The Deltans decided theirs ought to be the priority, now we are listening and instead of offering up real answers to questions on what is going on down there, we get conjecture and sidetracking arguments. Why not FOCUS on the main here which is the Niger Deltan problem. Do you think if Deltans continue to offer up strawman arguments each time a problem is picked out, we will get anywhere soon?
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Beaf: 8:28pm On Oct 17, 2009
^
"strawman arguments" 

Really rich coming from someone who actually thinks Aondoakaa is from the Niger Delta. shocked shocked shocked
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-337423.32.html#msg4746287

. . .One dey soon, unu go kill person wit unu nonesensical talk sha!
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Kobojunkie: 8:31pm On Oct 17, 2009
Beaf:

^
Really rich coming from someone who actually thinks Aondoakaa is from the Niger Delta.

. . .One dey soon, unu go kill person wit unu nonesensical talk sha!

What is the connection between that innocent mistake and this? It is A SIN to assume a man is from a place and then find out he is not? What has that to do with the main issue?? And by the way, did you ever get over yourself and actually post answers to the many other questions I asked you?
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Beaf: 8:32pm On Oct 17, 2009
^
It just shows ignorance. Thats all. But of course, ignorance is not the main issue. Abi?

Of course ignorance doesn't ask that, rather than attack like someone with facts, you should go home and actually learn some facts first. Na Wa!
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Kobojunkie: 8:36pm On Oct 17, 2009
That I did not know before now that the man was not a Deltan shows Ignorance? Ignorance of what?  I dare you to post an intelligent and mature-minded response this time around.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by ono(m): 8:39pm On Oct 17, 2009
It's amazing that someone of Bankole's standing can spew forth such gibberish for the Nigerian people to ''feed'' on. I watched him made that speech of his on AIT.  I must confess that for the first time in many years, I was ashamed (worst than when I, davidylan and others posit that the country should split up) of being a Nigerian.

It seemed to me that Bankole wanted to get the ''favour'' of the northern folks who were many at the event - whatever that favour could be. I want to believe that Bankole knows more about this country than to say all that thrash at that event. Well, if he doesn't, then I'm the more convinced that ''our'' leaders know little or nothing about the people they claim to be leading. They do not even have the what it takes to lead in the first instance.

I will not dignify Bankole's statements with any reply.

Beaf,
What do you expect? Someone in far away Ohio knows so much about this country more than those of us on ground. Remember my entry about these group of people on Timipre Sylva?
We argue blindly. We talk about places we have never seen as if we've been there. Ask some of them where Ekeremor is now, they will point at Ohio or philadelphia, or even Ikeja.
You need not bother about them. Just ignore them.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Beaf: 8:42pm On Oct 17, 2009
^Very well said Ono
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On Oct 17, 2009
I knew it!
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by ProAnti: 8:50pm On Oct 17, 2009
Kobojunkie:

This is a seriously irrritating way of trying to argue whateve point it is you intended to make with the above. Is there currently any millitant group out there crying on behalf of Katsina state indigenes to the federal government? No!! So why bring up the problems in that state when the focus is supposed to be on the Deltans at this time? We know all states have serious problems but guess what? The Deltans decided theirs ought to be the priority, now we are listening and instead of offering up real answers to questions on what is going on down there, we get conjecture and sidetracking arguments. Why not FOCUS on the main here which is the Niger Deltan problem. Do you think if Deltans continue to offer up strawman arguments each time a problem is picked out, we will get anywhere soon?

The point is: NO STATE IS FREE OF CORRUPTION.
Yes, the Niger Delta governors can do better but pple like Bankole should stop throwing stones. Leave the stones for the masses.
Mr Kobojunkie, WHY DO U HATE NIGER DELTANS? Are sure u r a Nigerian?
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Kobojunkie: 8:57pm On Oct 17, 2009
Pro Anti:

The point is: NO STATE IS FREE OF CORRUPTION.
Yes, the Niger Delta governors can do better but pple like Bankole should stop throwing stones. Leave the stones for the masses.
Mr Kobojunkie, WHY DO U HATE NIGER DELTANS? Are sure u r a Nigerian?

a) CORRUPTION has been endemic in Nigerian system since the very beginning. Every child born today knows of that. It is not a Niger Deltan issue and NO ONE THINKS THAT WAY

b) People like Bankole can THROW STONES because the NIGER DELTANS decided to MAKE their own CASE PRIORITY for a nation to deal with. The minute MEND and Niger Deltan people decided that in their side needed to be heard, that minute their issue became a National problem for all Nigerians to contribute their opinion and view on. You do not see Millitants armed to the teeth from states like Abia, Anambra, Katsina, Lagos, Ogun, Kano etc calling for the FEDERAL government to pay them attention or suffer the consequences, or do you? The Niger Deltan people called out for the nation to focus attention on them; in fact called for the world and we have answered now. MEND and Niger Delta is no more EXCLUSIVE issue, it is now a National issue, and so expect everyone from the beggar in kafanchan, to the yam in benue to post his or her view on it. I don’t understand why are you here telling folks they cannot speak up on the issue now??

c) How do you know I hate Niger Deltans? Do you proof of this claim, or is this a reaction to being asked questions of the situation down there and stating the FACT that the government in the Delta area needs to be more accountable and the people need to demand this from their government? Seriously, are we dealing with CHILDREN In adult bodies here or what?
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by ProAnti: 9:04pm On Oct 17, 2009
Kobojunkie:

a) CORRUPTION has been endemic in Nigerian system since the very beginning. Every child born today knows of that. It is not a Niger Deltan issue and NO ONE THINKS THAT WAY

b) People like Bankole can THROW STONES because the NIGER DELTANS have decided to MAKE their own CASE PRIORITY for a nation to deal with. You do not see Millitants armed to the teeth from states like Abia, Anambra, Katsina, Lagos, Ogun, Kano etc calling for the FEDERAL government to pay them attention or suffer the consequences, or do you? The Niger Deltan people called out for the nation to focus attention on them; in fact called for the world and we have answered now. So why are you here tellling folks they cannot speak up on the issue now??

c) How do you know I hate Niger Deltans? Do you proof of this claim, or is this a reaction to being asked questions of the situation down there and stating the FACT that the government in the Delta area needs to be more accountable and the people need to demand this from their government? Seriously, are we dealing with CHILDREN In adult bodies here or what?

Yeah! I've plucked that nerve!
How do you define the NIGER DELTA?
Which are the Niger Delta state? Kobojunkie, I'm waiting
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by Kobojunkie: 9:07pm On Oct 17, 2009
You plucked a nerve? Which are the niger delta states?

You know what? I tried and that is all I can say at this point. If this is meant as some repost, then I will ask that you ignore my comments on this issue so I can focus more on people who are honest enough about wanting to debate the issue with others from without. I have already wasted too much of my time on folks who are just here to insult others for having a view on the ND issue.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by passionup: 9:13pm On Oct 17, 2009
Bankole is right in his assertion.The niger delta govs are doing absolutely nothing with the huge funds given to them. I am alarmed cos i have been to all the niger delta states and its only in Rivers that show that there is a semblance of money worth of investments on infrastructures and human development.It goes to show the kind of leadership we have in the Niger delta. We have so many chalartans at the helm of affairs in the niger delta and untill we have visionary leaders there, we will continue to suffer. I am tired of the looting that is going on. Its massive and there is no investment at home by the looters insted, it is being laundered abroad and sent to safe heavens in south east asia.Only God will come to help our people. We niger deltans cry everyday of neglect,we should look inwards cos our enemy is within.Its a sorry situation.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by ProAnti: 9:17pm On Oct 17, 2009
Kobojunkie:

You plucked a nerve? Which are the niger delta states?

You know what? I tried and that is all I can say at this point. If this is meant as some repost, then I will ask that you ignore my comments on this issue so I can focus more on people who are honest enough about wanting to debate the issue with others from without. I have already wasted too much of my time on folks who are just here to insult others for having a view on the ND issue.

Dont get it wrong. I've always asked myself what people refer to as the Niger Delta.
I really dont know if it is the NDDC states or the geographical Niger delta that people always refer to.
Re: Bankole To Niger Delta: Your Leaders Failed You by ProAnti: 9:20pm On Oct 17, 2009
If it is the NDDC states, then fmr Gov. Agagu, Gov. Mimiko, Gov. Ohakim and Gov. Orji should be ready to respond to Bankole.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Congratulations Barr Dr Mrs Jennifer Jemila Atiku Abubakar / Ogun Assembly Approves Amosun’s N65.7bn Loan Request / Watch Video Of Nnamdi Kanu Protesting For The Unity Of Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.