Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

What Is The Difference Between A Director General And Executive Secretary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Difference Between A Director General And Executive Secretary (1982 Views)

Nigeria Customs Service Promotes 5 Deputy Comptrollers-general’s And 8 Assistant / Executive Secretary Of The NHIS Allegedly Suspended Over Fraud Accusations / Court Jails James Pine, Benue Executive Secretary For Slapping Subordinate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between A Director General And Executive Secretary by nickxtra(m): 5:20pm On Sep 27, 2016
Can some one put me through, on the difference between the office of a Director General on one part and Executive Secretary on the other part? I have been so confused by the use of the positions interchangeably in Nigeria, particularly in public sector organizations.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Director General And Executive Secretary by yakbauer: 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2016
I stand to be corrected but to the best of my knowledge, DG is used in agencies that use the common civil service format of promotion to the rank of directors, while an agency that is headed by ES does not have directors, or should I say they have managers which are equivalent to directors, their method of promotion (by ranks) is not like the conventional civil service .
Elders in civil service Can help shed some more light. Good topic by the way, very enlightening
I think this is fp worthy
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Director General And Executive Secretary by DaudaAbu(m): 6:38pm On Sep 27, 2016
Director is a director

Secretsry is a secretary

every director has secretary,

Every secretary has general

Did i just type dat?

Oops! Typo
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Director General And Executive Secretary by vertueptime: 9:00pm On Jun 24, 2021
Any agency with ES has commissioners or other political appointees in management or board,
DG how ever dnt , the only have normal directors

yakbauer:
I stand to be corrected but to the best of my knowledge, DG is used in agencies that use the common civil service format of promotion to the rank of directors, while an agency that is headed by ES does not have directors, or should I say they have managers which are equivalent to directors, their method of promotion (by ranks) is not like the conventional civil service .
Elders in civil service Can help shed some more light. Good topic by the way, very enlightening
I think this is fp worthy

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rahma Haruna,19yr Old Limbless Nigerian Girl Whose Story Went Viral Is Dead!(pix / Is This Not The Beginnig Of Holocaust? Heei! Kanu Had Dragged Igbo Into Mess! / Beggars In Nigeria Will Start Paying Tax – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.