Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

The Nigeria We Live In - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Nigeria We Live In (1984 Views)

Prisoners Pay Between N70k To N300k To Live In VIP Section / 'we Live In Fear In Indonesia' Nigerians Cry As 'kabaka' Pictures Surface / The Nigeria Police And The Phone Search Saga. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigeria We Live In by Laveda(f): 9:07am On Sep 28, 2016
Good morning.

Why are some humans so wicked? Please read carefully..

So my friend has been working for this woman for the past 7months now and she's paid her for only 2months and that's february and march.. Ever since then till today, she hasn't received anything from her.They sell baby wears, gowns and shoes, but the place isn't a really busy arena.

Fast forward to July while I was still in school, my friend called me that she hasn't received anything from the woman and I was like Wtf? You mean you've been working like like that? No pay nothing? And she said yeah that the woman said she'll pay, I advised her to quit than sitting there like that cause its almost like she's jobless, but she said she can't leave her money for the woman like that. Last month she had accommodation issues she had to leave where she's staying, parked her things and dropped somewhere (the parents aren't based here) she talked to the madam about paying even tho it means giving her 20,000 as part payment so as to add up to what she has and rent a house, the woman still refused saying she doesn't have money, and they've been making sales in the shop, now isn't that wickedness?

Now the issue is, she got fed up and decided to forward the issue to the police.. Reaching there she made complains,wrote statement.. But when her Madam arrived she changed the issue, called the husband and told the DPO the girl stole her things and that she's only owing her for 2months.. Now my friend Is been detained there since yesterday till now, the police has asked her to call her people to come sign undertaking, undertaking for what... Is this the kinda police we now have in Nigeria? Where if you don't have money you don't have right to freedom? This is just sheer wickedness.

Lalasticlala,dominique, mynd44.
please, this thread needs wider view below is the picture of the girl, I don't know if she can be bailed today cause the Madam has taken up the case, she really needs help...

9 Likes 12 Shares

Re: The Nigeria We Live In by joseph1832(m): 9:14am On Sep 28, 2016
This occurrence is very common in Nigeria, as most employer(s) of labor make it their business to owe their workers salary.

Your friend should have gone to a lawyer first. There are lawyers who do pro bono case such as this.

But what and what did her employer say she stole?
Re: The Nigeria We Live In by Cutehector(m): 9:17am On Sep 28, 2016
If na woji estate police station officers, forget am.. they are all criminals... every last one of them.

How much bail are we talkn about?

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria We Live In by chibwike(m): 9:21am On Sep 28, 2016
I hope the madam gets what she deserves...dats inhumane.....
Lav you ve done well

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria We Live In by Laveda(f): 9:30am On Sep 28, 2016
joseph1832:
This occurrence is very common in Nigeria, as most employer(s) of labor make it their business to owe their workers salary.

Your friend should have gone to a lawyer first. There are lawyers who do pro bono case such as this.

She just said things are missing, didn't point them out.

But they take stock of things almost every week/month.
Re: The Nigeria We Live In by Laveda(f): 9:31am On Sep 28, 2016
Cutehector:
If na woji estate police station officers, forget am.. they are all criminals... every last one of them.

How much bail are we talkn about?

The thing just surprise me.

No amount stated yet.
Re: The Nigeria We Live In by Cutehector(m): 9:34am On Sep 28, 2016
Laveda:

The thing just surprise me.

No amount stated yet.
well, it's her fault tho. She should have quitted from the onset. It's better to stay unemployed than work for a year without pay.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nigeria We Live In by RoyalBlak007: 9:36am On Sep 28, 2016
This is a dolorous and repetitive tale of atrocity, Your Friend made a humongous mistake of reporting to the Police first(knowing fully well how the NPF acts), She should have opted to see a Lawyer.

The Woman on the other hand displayed impenitence and since there's no sort of evidence that your friend is being owed, Sadly she has to comply and do whatever it takes to get out of there ASAP

Wicked World
Wicked Madam
Re: The Nigeria We Live In by Laveda(f): 9:37am On Sep 28, 2016
Cutehector:
well, it's her fault tho. She should have quitted from the onset. It's better to stay unemployed than work for a year without pay.

Lol she said she thought the woman would pay up later.

And these Police are something else, imagine detaining a person just because someone said she 'took' something when you haven't even confirmed.

Its just bad.
Re: The Nigeria We Live In by Cutehector(m): 9:44am On Sep 28, 2016
Laveda:

Lol she said she thought the woman would pay up later.

And these Police are something else, imagine detaining a person just because someone said she 'took' something when you haven't even confirmed.

Its just bad.
that is why I say all of them are stvpid. Zombies all of them.

She has learnt her lesson so she will never involve police into any of her matters again.. i've been in situations where i"ve been owed salaries buh I just quit and left the matter to God. I wouldn't die if I am not paid..
Re: The Nigeria We Live In by ALAGA1: 9:46am On Sep 28, 2016
Of all the forces in Nigeria,the Nigeria Police is the most corrupt and most despicable..

The only reason she is still there is because she does not know a high ranking military officer...

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria We Live In by joseph1832(m): 9:58am On Sep 28, 2016
Laveda:

She just said things are missing, didn't point them out.

But they take stock of things almost every week/month.
Well she should have. These are the kind of things people like her boss look out for as a means to rope their employees in.

But since they take stock of things everyday, it should be easy for her to find out what and what is missing.

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria We Live In by lezznjr: 10:09am On Sep 28, 2016
joseph1832:

It's a sad matter. And the high-handedness of her employee is bothersome.

To begin with, Nigerians often make this mistake of involving civil matters with the police. Even our educated folks don't seem to know better.

If she had taken the matter legally, she would not only be getting all her work pay but also damages and even legal costs.

The case isn't lost all the same, she can still sue to get legal relief. Hope she has something of written undertaking with her employer.
Re: The Nigeria We Live In by joseph1832(m): 10:18am On Sep 28, 2016
lezznjr:
It's a sad matter. And the high-handedness of her employee is bothersome.

To begin with, Nigerians often make this mistake at involving civil matters with the police. Even our educated folks don't seem to know better.

If she had taken the matter legally, she would not only be getting all her work pay but also damages and even legal costs.

The case isn't lost all the same, she can still sue to get legal relief. Hope she has something of written undertaking with her employer.
The fact that she already reported to the police and written a statement to that effect has compounded the issue.

If she had gone to a lawyer first, instead of the police, the lawyer would have approached the woman (employer) and I'm sure going to court is something she'd avoid.

Even if she had reported to labour, they would have taken up the case, atleast give the employer an ultimatum to pay her.

I just hope the police won't twist the case as they're fond of doing, in favour of the highest bidder.

1 Like

Re: The Nigeria We Live In by Sleekyshuga(f): 10:22am On Sep 28, 2016
@Laveda, that's the country we live in; money exchange hands, and cases are turned against you.

The police cannot and will not do anything, especially with the fact that she has little or nothing to offer. The legal system would have been her best bet as she would not only get paid her outstanding salary but for damages/inconveniences.

To employers of labor who owe employees, how do you even sleep? Christ!! Someone work(ed) for you, and paying up becomes a problem undecided? It's disheartening.

Sadly, her Madam is now in charge. She has to sign the undertaking to be released embarassed.
Re: The Nigeria We Live In by lezznjr: 10:26am On Sep 28, 2016
joseph1832:
The fact that she already reported to the police and written a statement to that effect has compounded the issue.

If she had gone to a lawyer first, instead of the police, the lawyer would have approached the woman (employer) and I'm sure going to court is something she'd avoid.

Even if she had reported to labour, they would have taken up the case, atleast give the employer an ultimatum to pay her.

I just hope the police won't twist the case as they're fund of doing, in favor of the highest bidder.

Well said, bro. The police will aid her thieving employers to pressure her into collecting stipends and drop the allegations.

We don't have law enforcement in Nigeria. The police are neck deep in institutional decay and corruption.

The police know they can't compel the employer to pay her as they lack the legal authority to do so, but the false allegation of stealing is within their purview so they devilishly kept the poor girl there.
Re: The Nigeria We Live In by joseph1832(m): 10:37am On Sep 28, 2016
lezznjr:

Well said, bro. The police will aid her thieving employers to pressure her into collecting stipends and drop the allegations.

We don't have law enforcement in Nigeria. The police are neck deep in institutional decay and corruption.

The police know they can't compel the employer to pay her as they lack the legal authority to do so, but the false allegation of stealing is within their purview so they devilishly kept the poor girl there.

Bro, it all has to do with critical thinking, reasoning and logic. Laveda's friend should have accosted her employer the moment she mentioned to t police that she stole from her, as it's even against the law not to report a case of theft in the first place.

Secondly, which employer of labour will keep mute knowing their employee is stealing from them? None I believe.

So, if laveda's friend have been proactive in her thinking, all this could have been avoided.

I tell you many of our employer of labour know their employees in and out. They know those who are smart, sharp, brilliant, intelligent and what have you.
Re: The Nigeria We Live In by Benjom(m): 10:41am On Sep 28, 2016
Oppression of the poor has become an ideology.
Re: The Nigeria We Live In by goldedprince: 10:52am On Sep 28, 2016
RoyalBlak007:
This is a dolorous and repetitive tale of atrocity, Your Friend made a humongous mistake of reporting to the Police first(knowing fully well how the NPF acts), She should have opted to see a Lawyer.

The Woman on the other hand displayed impenitence and since there's no sort of evidence that your friend is being owed, Sadly she has to comply and do whatever it takes to get out of there ASAP

Wicked World
Wicked Madam
Lol
Re: The Nigeria We Live In by lezznjr: 10:59am On Sep 28, 2016
joseph1832:
Bro, it all has to do with critical thinking, reasoning and logic. Laveda's friend should have accosted her employer the moment she mentioned to t police that she stole from her, as it's even against the law not to report a case of theft in the first place.

Secondly, which employer of labour will keep mute knowing their employee is stealing from them? None I believe.

So, if laveda's friend have been proactive in her thinking, all this could have been avoided.

I tell you many of our employer of labour know their employees in and out. They know those who are smart, sharp, brilliant, intelligent and what have you.

Yes, evidently she wasn't smart. There's little she can do now. I know they would have wheedled her into making complicated statement at the police station.

Eventually, she will be made to sign an undertaking, paid a fraction of her due and asked to leave.

Tough luck
Re: The Nigeria We Live In by joseph1832(m): 11:07am On Sep 28, 2016
lezznjr:

Yes, evidently she wasn't smart. There's little she can do now. I know they would have wheedled her into making complicated statement at the police station.

Eventually, she will be made to sign an undertaking, paid a fraction of her due and asked to leave.

Tough luck
Yep. Touch luck only happens to those who aren't proactive in their thinking and doings.

Let's hope and pray things work out for Laveda's friend.
Re: The Nigeria We Live In by lezznjr: 11:10am On Sep 28, 2016
joseph1832:
Yep. Touch luck only happens to those who aren't proactive in their thinking and doings.

Let's hope and pray things work out for Laveda's friend.
lolz! If Lavvy steps in that police station with her killer-curves, she'll get a friend out before you read and quote me back......she's that charming.
Re: The Nigeria We Live In by joseph1832(m): 11:55am On Sep 28, 2016
lezznjr:
lolz! If Lavvy steps in that police station with her killer-curves, she'll get a friend out before you read and quote me back......she's that charming.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Nigeria We Live In by wroskian(m): 4:04pm On Sep 28, 2016
Laveda:
Good morning.

Why are some humans so wicked? Please read carefully..

So my friend has been working for this woman for the past 7months now and she's paid her for only 2months and that's february and march.. Ever since then till today, she hasn't received anything from her.They sell baby wears, gowns and shoes, but the place isn't a really busy arena.

Fast forward to July while I was still in school, my friend called me that she hasn't received anything from the woman and I was like Wtf? You mean you've been working like like that? No pay nothing? And she said yeah that the woman said she'll pay, I advised her to quit than sitting there like that cause its almost like she's jobless, but she said she can't leave her money for the woman like that. Last month she had accommodation issues she had to leave where she's staying, parked her things and dropped somewhere (the parents aren't based here) she talked to the madam about paying even tho it means giving her 20,000 as part payment so as to add up to what she has and rent a house, the woman still refused saying she doesn't have money, and they've been making sales in the shop, now isn't that wickedness?

Now the issue is, she got fed up and decided to forward the issue to the police.. Reaching there she made complains,wrote statement.. But when her Madam arrived she changed the issue, called the husband and told the DPO the girl stole her things and that she's only owing her for 2months.. Now my friend Is been detained there since yesterday till now, the police has asked her to call her people to come sign undertaking, undertaking for what... Is this the kinda police we now have in Nigeria? Where if you don't have money you don't have right to freedom? This is just sheer wickedness.

Lalasticlala,dominique, mynd44.
please, this thread needs wider view below is the picture of the girl, I don't know if she can be bailed today cause the Madam has taken up the case, she really needs help...

Sorry about what your friend is facing.

She should have discussed the matter with a lawyer before going to the police station; I don't think it is right to take remuneration issues between an employer & employee to the police in the first place because it isn't a criminal case, it is an industrial (or labour) case...I might be wrong.

Can she provide proofs to show that the woman is owing her? (e.g bank statements if she receives her pay through the bank which I doubt)
We have human rights lawyers who would like to take this up pro bono, please get one as that is what you need now.
Lawyers on Nairaland, please advice op.
Re: The Nigeria We Live In by Glassdoll(f): 5:09pm On Sep 28, 2016
Big snake killed behind my compound - fp

Cossy displays boobs - fp

I kissed my guy and got pregnant - fp

Now a very important info that needs the public eye and help is here and Lalasticlala does not deem it fit for front page.

Nairaland undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nigeria We Live In by daveP(m): 1:29am On Sep 29, 2016
Laveda, how about you help a friend get a lawyer.

Police are away it's now them vs citizens. a lot of calls to Oga at the top has proved they are doing their 'jobs' as usual.

This woman gat no shame. And she'd go to church on Sunday to give testimony and drop offering o. LHM
Re: The Nigeria We Live In by Laveda(f): 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2016
Sleekyshuga:
@Laveda, that's the country we live in; money exchange hands, and cases are turned against you.

The police cannot and will not do anything, especially with the fact that she has little or nothing to offer. The legal system would have been her best bet as she would not only get paid her outstanding salary but for damages/inconveniences.

To employers of labor who owe employees, how do you even sleep? Christ!! Someone work(ed) for you, and paying up becomes a problem undecided? It's disheartening.

Sadly, her Madam is now in charge. She has to sign the undertaking to be released embarassed.

Thanks dear, she's been released but under bail and salary still not paid.

Its sad.
Re: The Nigeria We Live In by Laveda(f): 5:02pm On Sep 29, 2016
wroskian:

Sorry about what your friend is facing.

She should have discussed the matter with a lawyer before going to the police station; I don't think it is right to take remuneration issues between an employer & employee to the police in the first place because it isn't a criminal case, it is an industrial (or labour) case...I might be wrong.

Can she provide proofs to show that the woman is owing her? (e.g bank statements if she receives her pay through the bank which I doubt)
We have human rights lawyers who would like to take this up pro bono, please get one as that is what you need now.
Lawyers on Nairaland, please advice op.

Thanks jare..
She's out, tho no pay..
Re: The Nigeria We Live In by Laveda(f): 5:07pm On Sep 29, 2016
Glassdoll:
Big snake killed behind my compound - fp

Cossy displays boobs - fp

I kissed my guy and got pregnant - fp

Now a very important info that needs the public eye and help is here and Lalasticlala does not deem it fit for front page.

Nairaland undecided
sad

Actually ran out of ideas, just needed help.
Don't mind him.
Re: The Nigeria We Live In by wroskian(m): 6:07pm On Sep 29, 2016
Laveda:

Thanks jare..
She's out, tho no pay..
You're welcome. Hope the bail was free like they always say & I think you should still go secure the services of a human rights lawyer. That woman needs to be taught some lessons.

Mr. Lalasticlala, kindly do the needful, someone needs help.
Re: The Nigeria We Live In by Laveda(f): 7:11pm On Sep 29, 2016
wroskian:

You're welcome. Hope the bail was free like they always say & I think you should still go secure the services of a human rights lawyer. That woman needs to be taught some lessons.

Mr. Lalasticlala, kindly do the needful, someone needs help.

Wasn't free, she was actually bailed with money.
Getting the salary would be a bit tough now.
Re: The Nigeria We Live In by jake2much(m): 7:21pm On Sep 29, 2016
God will purnish dat madam it a fact dat u can grow on d sweat of . others how u think ur busines can succeed wen u do that wicked. I hope ur friend is saved

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Reportedly Robs Bank, Throws Money Into The Air And Yells, “merry Christmas” / Am Not Fine Again, Prick Don Spoil Me – Mad Woman Cries Out (Video) / Woman Who Killed 7 Men, Demanded Her Own Execution, Saying "I'll Kill Again"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.