Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:48 AM

Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) (25196 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Bail: Fani-Kayode Blocked From Entering Court By Security / Edo Election: Buhari Has Fulfilled His Promise For Free & Fair Election- Amaechi / Edo Election: Benin Residents In Beer Parlour Debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by donj84: 10:19pm On Sep 28, 2016
bory09:
without blocking road they can't do election bah... this buhari seriously need some brain revitalisation why did he like blocking blocking things like his life depend on it... same way rice was blocked from being imported and look where we are now.. with all this demo there will still be inconclusive election.. i bet it with bag of rice

hope say na your mind you use to talk am,if something happen to you as you the pass there, you go say na devil work..
Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by Sijo01(f): 10:19pm On Sep 28, 2016
billionman:
I don't like this at all! Why obstruct commuters on a major federal road cos of state election? Was there a prior nationwide broadcast that such a road will be blocked during elections?

Are you kidding me? Is restriction of vehicular movements during elections in Nigeria new to you?

2 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by bory09(m): 10:22pm On Sep 28, 2016
donj84:

hope say na your mind you use to talk am,if something happen to you as you the pass there, you go say na devil work..
wetin wan happen... am covered joor
Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by BarryX(m): 10:23pm On Sep 28, 2016
Sijo01:

Are you kidding me? Is restriction of vehicular movements during elections in Nigeria new to you?
Can you just listen to yourself dear?
See how we accept foolish practices because we are Nigerians

#pathetic

6 Likes

Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by BE811APP: 10:24pm On Sep 28, 2016
Sorry shocked
Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by Sijo01(f): 10:25pm On Sep 28, 2016
BarryX:
According to an election observer! The amount of personnel and budget used for this election can construct about 100 cottage hospitals in Edo state, And I can't help but agree

You locked down a state that consist majorly of informal businesses for two solid days and turn around to close an expressway connecting the west to the east because of one lousy greedy election!

The thunder that will fire Nigerian politicians is coming from Jupiter as an asteroid.

Nonsense

Oga o. Where do people like you get your news from @bold?
Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by billionman: 10:27pm On Sep 28, 2016
Sijo01:

You mean to tell me that restricting movement on a major road which connects the west to the south south and eastern part of the country is no big deal? It's not as if they will pass through the major city. There is a bypass.
Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by Sijo01(f): 10:28pm On Sep 28, 2016
BarryX:

#pathetic

What is foolish about the practice? Is this the first time such a thing is done in this country?

This is an election, interference as a way of vehicles on transit might be a security threat to some extent.

If it was a general election will you blame the FG for collapseing interstate movement?
Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by denda(m): 10:34pm On Sep 28, 2016
bory09:
without blocking road they can't do election bah... this buhari seriously need some brain revitalisation why did he like blocking blocking things like his life depend on it... same way rice was blocked from being imported and look where we are now.. with all this demo there will still be inconclusive election.. i bet it with bag of rice
is it baba that block the road ? some people self if u don't have something to say u remain short
Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by BarryX(m): 10:37pm On Sep 28, 2016
Sijo01:

What is foolish about the practice? Is this the first time such a thing is done in this country?

This is an election, interference as a way of vehicles on transit might be a security threat to some extent.

If it was a general election will you blame the FG for collapseing interstate movement?
I don't know how you think though but people shouldn't go about their businesses cos of an election coupled with the fact that Edo state is just a transit point?
I don't get

Sijo01:

Oga o. Where do people like you get your news from @bold?

Like public holiday was not declared for two days??
Or you don't know what is informal business?

Which one do you not understand?
Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by Sijo01(f): 10:37pm On Sep 28, 2016
billionman:

You mean to tell me that restricting movement on a major road which connects the west to the south south and eastern part of the country is no big deal? It's not as if they will pass through the major city. There is a bypass.

Stop sounding as if the restrictions of movement was just adopted and not announced.

There are villages in the bypass.

It will interest you to know that vehicular movements for vehicles not cleared for election purpose within the state was halted by 6am this morning.

I had wanted to beat the 6am but couldn't. I trekked for over two hours to get to my polling unit
Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by Sijo01(f): 10:47pm On Sep 28, 2016
BarryX:

I don't know how you think though but people shouldn't go about their businesses cos of an election coupled with the fact that Edo state is just a transit point?
I don't get

Like public holidays was not declared for two days??
Or you don't know what is informal businesses?

Which one do you not understand?

I don't understand why you're sounding as if this act is alien to you.

The public holiday was for government establishment. I don't understand how the whole state was locked down according to you. People need to travel to their various voting points hence the partial holiday

When Kogi election was held, was the state not totally locked down? Did you challenge their decision or is Kogi not also a transit state?

Why's Edo state's own giving you sleepless night.
Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by BarryX(m): 10:57pm On Sep 28, 2016
Sijo01:

I don't understand why you're sounding as if this act is alien to you.

The public holiday was for government establishment. I don't understand how the whole state was locked down according to you. People need to travel to their various voting points hence the partial holiday

When Kogi election was held, was the state not totally locked down? Did you challenge their decision or is Kogi not also a transit state?

Why's Edo state's own giving you sleepless night.
Why you licking the lock-down decision butt is even beyond me already?

And please don't lie to save your face, only banks opened, markets were not open throughout Benin on Tuesday and the foolish excuse the government gave was they wanted people to travel to their respective polling units.

And if it will make you feel any better, I'm from EDO state and yes it is giving me sound sleep!

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by Sijo01(f): 11:05pm On Sep 28, 2016
BarryX:

And please don't lie to save your face, only banks opened, [b]markets were not open throughout Benin on Tuesday [/b]and the foolish excuse the government gave was they wanted people to travel to their respective polling units.

And if it will make you feel any better, I'm from EDO state and yes it is giving me sound sleep!

The general complain on Tuesday was that markets were unusually filled up as if people were shopping for Christmas.

I've been wasting my time with you.

Peace!
Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by Oblang(m): 11:06pm On Sep 28, 2016
BarryX:

And please don't lie to save your face, only banks opened, markets were not open throughout Benin on Tuesday and the foolish excuse the government gave was they wanted people to travel to their respective polling units.

Are u saying u expect markets be opened on election day?
Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 28, 2016
See how people are taking like fools. Any state that does election has always been like this, no going out no coming in. Those of u saying they block road is elecetion new to any of you in this country. U expect a free flow movement during election.. Get some sense biko.see comments upon comments like its not normal. Make unah use unah head abeg..

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by BarryX(m): 11:20pm On Sep 28, 2016
Oblang:

Are u saying u expect markets be opened on election day?
Read my comment
All the while I thought you could read?
Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by BarryX(m): 11:28pm On Sep 28, 2016
Sijo01:

The general complain on Tuesday was that markets were unusually filled up as if people were shopping for Christmas.

I've been wasting my time with you.

Peace!
[img]http://sites.psu.edu/siowfa15/wp-content/uploads/sites/29639/2015/09/Yawning.jpg[/img]
Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by ritababe(f): 11:56pm On Sep 28, 2016
BarryX:
Read my comment
All the while I thought you could read?

you sounding so harsh, I read all the points and I can affirm that yours is senseless or maybe you are a kid and this is your first election. undecided
Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by koboko69: 12:27am On Sep 29, 2016
BarryX:

#pathetic

Oga shut u abeg! If e happen now, na una go still come here dey cry say why dem nor restrict movement. U know how volatile elections are, how can u be expecting to move freely on the said day? What is foolish about trying to protect ur wailing life?
Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by koboko69: 12:30am On Sep 29, 2016
ritababe:

you sounding so harsh, I read all the points and I can affirm that yours is senseless or maybe you are a kid and this is your first election. undecided

That guy does not have sense.leave him. If he gets caught up in violence or cross fire, he will be the first to come here to shout how there was insecurity, or blame the govt for not taking adequate steps to protect his wailing life. How does one expect freedom of movement during elections in Africa?

1 Like

Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by aspirebig: 12:39am On Sep 29, 2016
It wasn't funny at all.

Enough suffering yesterday on Benin bye pass.

Thank God the election was peaceful.
Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by ritababe(f): 12:41am On Sep 29, 2016
koboko69:

That guy does not have sense.leave him. If he gets caught up in violence or cross fire, he will be the first to come here to shout how there was insecurity, or blame the govt for not taking adequate steps to protect his wailing life. How does one expect freedom of movement during elections in Africa?

don't mind him, prevention they say is better than cure.
Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by papiwyte(m): 2:10am On Sep 29, 2016
Yes dat is Edo at shun......
Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by BarryX(m): 5:42am On Sep 29, 2016
ritababe:

Coming from somebody whose signature is Queen of .......!

Uche face your work

Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by BarryX(m): 5:44am On Sep 29, 2016
koboko69:

Oga shut u abeg! If e happen now, na una go still come here dey cry say why dem nor restrict movement. U know how volatile elections are, how can u be expecting to move freely on the said day? What is foolish about trying to protect ur wailing life?
Even Kobokos are now talking !

Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by OBAnkemi: 6:22am On Sep 29, 2016
ajaolu:
I'm currently on my way travelling to Akwa-Ibom State from Oyo State but stuck in a serious traffic jam due to road blockage on the said route because of Edo state election holding today. The question is why blocking a major federal road because of a state election knowing that this expressway is the second most important route after Lagos-Ibadan expressway? All we can see are helicopters and drones carrying out surveillance of the whole geographical area.

...... I suppose you were too dumb to remember that state-wide and federal elections in Nigeria entails 'no movement' until 4pm. Anyone who choses to be on the highway, and thru any part of Edo state btw 12am and 4pm has himself to blame for being plain stupid.
Be calm, 4pm dem go open road 4 una.
Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by ritababe(f): 7:21am On Sep 29, 2016
BarryX:
Coming from somebody whose signature is Queen of .......!

Uche face your work

how my signature take concern our discussion here?
Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by BarryX(m): 7:27am On Sep 29, 2016
ritababe:

how my signature take concern our discussion here?
The same way your quote did! Who call you for the matter?
grin
Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by nigeriafarmer: 8:16am On Sep 29, 2016
Sijo01:
Is restriction of movement during election a new thing to you?
good question
Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by perfectgabby: 9:03am On Sep 29, 2016
bory09:
Go and sleep
Re: Edo Election: Benin-Ore Expressway Blocked (Photos) by alaskido(m): 10:37am On Sep 29, 2016
My brother, you for no travel o. That road will not be open in the next 2 days o. Chai, try and look for mat or six spring foam take sleep. I hope you also have food and water o because by the time you will come out of that traffic IDP camp person will be looking better than you o.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Ikpeazu Being Sprayed Money While Dancing In 2019 / NNPC Spends ₦1.35bn Annually On 36 Employees / EFCC Rejects Uche Secondus Offer To Refund 23 Luxury Cars,Insists On N310m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.