Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,212 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? (1931 Views)

2014 TOYOTA Camry***45k Actual Mileage Only***time Left:3days 0hours 10mins** / How To Deal With Idiotic Car Sellers Here / I Urgently Want To Buy Ford F150 And Toyota Sienna. Car Sellers Pls Contact Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by princetom1(m): 11:42am On Sep 29, 2016
valarinz:

I see, but why did you not also read that comment till the end na, didn't I mention anything about the car pics being there, you know nairalanders are too fond of rushing to call someone fraud/scam, all cos it's faceless. For someone who's used to knowing his car as a particular year model to come and advertise it as such doesnt make him a fraud so long as he attach the pics for you to see too, we'll have a case if you had corrected him and he still insists then Google will be the judge

I read it down there. But alot of people too cant differentiate model year, alot of people are vehicle novice. Why misleading them? . I have seen some corrected here and they accepted and i see dome who ignored and don't come back to the thread bcoz they are guilty of trying to scam. In any case, its ur reply that brought us here
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by valarinz: 11:46am On Sep 29, 2016
princetom1:

I read it down there. But alot of people too cant differentiate model year, alot of people are vehicle novice. Why misleading them? . I have seen some corrected here and they accepted and i see dome who ignored and don't come back to the thread bcoz they are guilty of trying to scam. In any case, its ur reply that brought us here

That word "scam" is too harsh for that Oga, that's what brought us here, check the meaning of scam, on this logic, every car dealer in Nigeria is a scammer, prove me wrong

You also don't ban or close threads based on that alone, except there's something more, tnx
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by princetom1(m): 2:25pm On Sep 29, 2016
valarinz:

That word "scam" is too harsh for that Oga, that's what brought us here, check the meaning of scam, on this logic, every car dealer in Nigeria is a scammer, prove me wrong

You also don't ban or close threads based on that alone, except there's something more, tnx

According to dictionary, scam is a fraudulent deal. In this case, the lies is what makes it a scam bcoz alot of them does it intentionally, why? Just to make money and u wondering why God never answer ur prayer bcoz u dey defraud people and u think its normal. If u are not one of em, don't talk for them.
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by valarinz: 2:32pm On Sep 29, 2016
princetom1:

According to dictionary, scam is a fraudulent deal. In this case, the lies is what makes it a scam bcoz alot of them does it intentionally, why? Just to make money and u wondering why God never answer ur prayer bcoz u dey defraud people and u think its normal. If u are not one of em, don't talk for them.

Since it has degenerated to involving "God", I drop my pen on your own case too, though I'm certain you practice one form of "scam" or the other in whatever biz you're into(that's if you're actually into any). Nice day
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by princetom1(m): 2:35pm On Sep 29, 2016
Lets stop celebrating mediocrity in this country, lets change our mindset, lets do clean deal and go to bed peacefully at night. Alot of dealers here will be cooling off in kirikiri if we are in a civilized country like us, bcoz to d best of my knowledge, they will be prosecuted for false information.
princetom1:

valarinz:

Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2016
valarinz:
At this juncture i drop my pen, if you ever make enough money to buy a car, you can look out for only sellers who put the right dates/names on their ads. Goodluck

Thanks

cheesy cheesy

Age and wisdom do not necessarily go hand in hand tho. I learnt that from you. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by nurey(m): 4:53pm On Sep 29, 2016
On this issue, it's hard to tag it scam if the op wasn't informed of his mistake. I know of a thread where someone posted the engine of a 2014 Camry and didn't even know the engine cylinder, couldn't even tell and he actually snapped the engine.

Most dealers even go as far as saying the year they bought their tokunbo car is actually the manufactured year. I once wanted to buy a Peugeot 306 and the seller was adamant the manufacture year is 2008 imagine.

For some cars, it's easier to decipher which year model it is by looking at the body and engine, but some that won't do.

Doing a Vin for every car you want to buy isn't easy but advisable just to have peace of mind because of the kind of country we find ourselves in

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by valarinz: 8:55pm On Sep 29, 2016
koonbey:

cheesy cheesy

Age and wisdom do not necessarily go hand in hand tho. I learnt that from you. Thanks.

Everybody be forming holier than thou now cos na car dealers biz we see now on the spotlight, by the time everyone forming saint here gets their own biz under the microscope too we'll see who's whiter than snow, difference is that i am being real, not to come online here to form saint unnecessarily
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by valarinz: 8:57pm On Sep 29, 2016
nurey:
On this issue, it's hard to tag it scam if the op wasn't informed of his mistake. I know of a thread where someone posted the engine of a 2014 Camry and didn't even know the engine cylinder, couldn't even tell and he actually snapped the engine.

Most dealers even go as far as saying the year they bought their tokunbo car is actually the manufactured year. I once wanted to buy a Peugeot 306 and the seller was adamant the manufacture year is 2008 imagine.

For some cars, it's easier to decipher which year model it is by looking at the body and engine, but some that won't do.

Doing a Vin for every car you want to buy isn't easy but advisable just to have peace of mind because of the kind of country we find ourselves in

God bless you
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by EkeneElectrons(m): 2:10am On Sep 30, 2016
princetom1:

Nna, u na confirm guy. More buyers to ur car mart

amen and thank you boss. same to you.
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by ozonetoy: 2:45am On Sep 30, 2016
I can understand what this man is trying to say, I saw a lot of pple posting pictures of nija used Infiniti fx35 06,07,08 which is actually 04,there is a used car company named (CarMax) this site is a good example of how cars should be advertise,compulsory vin number display and more space for at least 8 or more pictures upload. This will reduce such level of notoriety
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by nams77: 6:04am On Sep 30, 2016
valarinz:

Can u pls explain whats fraudulent about someone deciding to call his 2000 model corolla a 05 model, the car pics are there for you to see, so if you like the car you buy else, move on.

If you keep a goat and call it a lion for the next 100 years it will not become a lion, it will still be a goat, so for anyone saying his 02 model car is 05 model doesnt make the car to become 05 model, so long as the pics are there for you to see
I beg to differ. The act is fraudulent! I was almost fooled too until someone drawed attention to the real age of the car. Not everyone browsing the auto section is a car guru. Some persons might see the fraudulent information and accept it and even end up buying such cars. Please does dealers indulging in this act should desist from ir
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by valarinz: 6:44am On Sep 30, 2016
nams77:

I beg to differ. The act is fraudulent! I was almost fooled too until someone drawed attention to the real age of the car. Not everyone browsing the auto section is a car guru. Some persons might see the fraudulent information and accept it and even end up buying such cars. Please does dealers indulging in this act should desist from ir

Noted, perhaps I was working with the assumption that anyone who's internet savvy enough to use nairaland to search cars should be capable of doing a lil research on the cars too, my bad
Re: Why Do Most Car Sellers/owner Lie About The Actual Year Of A Vehicle? by Naturallyme: 10:55am On Sep 30, 2016
I really don't like buying from dealers. They are liars and everyone knows. I know a car posted here where all the auxiliary lamps on the car has all been removed without the owner knowing. Just to make extral income on what its not his property. No wander the money doesnt show on them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Infinity Qx56 and amanda Tokunbo Clean History 2005 @ 3.6m / Toks Avalon 2005 For Sale @ 2.9m / Wow! the Richest Man In The World Drives A Honda 1996.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.