Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,019 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn (10952 Views)

Ntel 4g Simcard- What Kind Of Modem Would It Work With? / First Public Speedtest From Ntel's 4G LTE Advanced Network! / Best Phones For The New Ntel 4G LTE. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by jesbu(m): 4:55pm On Sep 29, 2016
I have used the two networks, i can say with confidence mtn is better and stable.
This afternoon I got max speed of 5.7 mbps per second.
Device: Huawei ascend mate 7

2 Likes

Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Umunri: 5:20pm On Sep 29, 2016
Please what is their subscription like?
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:
I have used the two networks, i can say with confidence mtn is better and stable.
where can i get that Ntel sim... I have checked in boundary market ..buh couldn't find it
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by jesbu(m): 5:35pm On Sep 29, 2016
Umunri:
Please what is their subscription like?

Is the same subscription with 3g.
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by jesbu(m): 5:37pm On Sep 29, 2016
fanacy:
where can i get that Ntel sim... I have checked in boundary market ..buh couldn't find it
You can go to festac and get the sim.
5th Avenue A1 close festac
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:

You can go to festac and get the sim.
5th Avenue A1 close festac
thanks bruh..
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 29, 2016
OP which sub are u using?
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by eraly(m): 5:55pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:

but why not show us more screenshots? like d app for testing d download n upload speed, the sub/plan u are on and any oda useful info. plsssss.....

3 Likes

Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by eraly(m): 5:56pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:

but why not show us more screenshots? like d app for testing d download n upload speed, the sub/plan u are on and any oda useful info. plsssss.....

thanks

1 Like

Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by barackodam: 6:01pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:

don't get too excited bro.....

na this same NL we dey wey pesin show us SS of his ntel at 7mbps at 2/4 bar, you have <6 at same 2/4 bar and you're jubilating already? over what if I may ask? undecided
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:

This download manager is the most inaccurate way of checking the speed of ur internet. Use speedtest app and show us the actual speed with latency and upload.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by jesbu(m): 6:06pm On Sep 29, 2016
tobbiiqq:
Am using 2k for 3.5gb but with double data.(7gb)
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by jesbu(m): 6:06pm On Sep 29, 2016
tobbiiqq:
Am using 2k for 3.5gb but with double data.(7gb)
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by jesbu(m): 6:09pm On Sep 29, 2016
eraly:

Am downloading with ucweb
Movie site ganool.ph
I did not use speed app
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by jesbu(m): 6:12pm On Sep 29, 2016
greenhulk:

This download manager is the most inaccurate way of checking the speed of ur internet. Use speedtest app and show us the actual speed with latency and upload.
I did not use download manager. What am using is ucweb
Look at the status bar what ever my status bar show is the actual speed I get.
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Ebubemg(m): 6:18pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:
Guy which side for ajegule/apapa..... Na normal MTN sim
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by jesbu(m): 6:19pm On Sep 29, 2016
barackodam:

don't get too excited bro.....

na this same NL we dey wey pesin show us SS of his ntel at 7mbps at 2/4 bar, you have <6 at same 2/4 bar and you're jubilating already? over what if I may ask? undecided
you are on your own.
Am just stating what I observe. And I have every reason to jubilate because I use to get 750kbps but now 5.7mbps. No more sleepless nights.
Guy I have every reason for jubilation.
If you don't like it you are on your own.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:
I did not use download manager. What am using is ucweb
Look at the status bar what ever my status bar show is the actual speed I get.

I know. Uc web does not show the actual speed of ur internet. It display those numbers when u are downloading stuff and it is not accurate, besides it depends on the servers from the website u are downloading from. The best way to know how fast ur internet is is by using a speedtest app. At least with that u get to see not only the down speed but also the latency and upload. Speedtest are not accurate either but it is closer to beain accurate than any download manager or uc web.
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by jesbu(m): 6:23pm On Sep 29, 2016
Ebubemg:

Guy which side for ajegule/apapa..... Na normal MTN sim
Wilma and orege /mile two
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:
you are on your own.
Am just stating what I observe. And I have every reason to jubilate because I use to get 750kbps but now 5.7mbps. No more sleepless nights.

5.7mbps is nothing to jubilate about from a supposedly LTE. I normally easily get 8-10mbps on MTN 3g. On Ntel I get 30mbps on just 1 bar.

2 Likes

Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by jesbu(m): 6:26pm On Sep 29, 2016
greenhulk:

5.7mbps is nothing to jubilate about from a supposedly LTE. I normally easily get 8-10mbps on MTN 3g. On Ntel I get 30mbps on just 1 bar.
for you nothing.
Am not you . I am me, and I am happy leave it for me.
I have given you reason for me not for you.

9 Likes

Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by barackodam: 6:27pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:
you are on your own.

the last time I checked your thread title, it says mtn better than ntel, that exactly is the notion I tried to correct smiley

have fun
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by barackodam: 6:30pm On Sep 29, 2016
greenhulk:

exactly wetin I dey tellam
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:
for you nothing.
Am not you . I am me, and I am happy leave it for me.
I have given you reason for me not for you.

That's ok, no need to take it too personal, we are not quarelling. But what u get is good enough for 3g but not good enough for 4G LTE.

By the way see what I'm currently getting on Ntel with just 1 bar. My location is not even in their supposedly coverage area. In their coverage area I easily get 30-45mbps.

Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Mafia4life(m): 6:32pm On Sep 29, 2016
Please you guys should use the right units for better understanding. There are differences between Mb/sec and MB/sec. Also KB/sec and kbps.

With what the Ops showed, the speed it very high. This is 5 mega byte not 5 mega bit..

6 Likes

Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by eraly(m): 6:38pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:

Am downloading with ucweb
Movie site ganool.ph
I did not use speed app

thanks. but what about d data u are on did u do a special '4G LTE Plan'?
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by jesbu(m): 6:38pm On Sep 29, 2016
greenhulk:

That's ok, no need to take it too personal, we are not quarelling. But what u get is good enough for 3g but not good enough for 4G LTE.

By the way see what I'm currently getting on Ntel with just 1 bar. My location is not even in their supposedly coverage area. In their coverage area I easily get 30-45mbps.
I told you I did not use speed test.
You welcome

2 Likes

Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by rawdpiper(m): 6:40pm On Sep 29, 2016
greenhulk:

His is in MB/S while yours is in Mb/S

6 Likes

Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Drdreyy: 6:41pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:

Max speed? That's quite slow on 4G. I get 10Mbps max on 3G here(on mtn). And i do get above 20Mbps peak speed at times on Etisalat's 3G.

Theoretically, 4G dwn link is around 100Mbps max .so 5.7Mbps is very poor

*modified*
Your unit is wrong, i just checked the Uc browser reading and saw it was actually 5.7 MB/s. That is equivalent to 45.6Mbps.
I think it's fairly OK

*change your unit to 5.7MB/s or use 45.6Mbps

2 Likes

Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 29, 2016
jesbu:
I told you I did not use speed test.
You welcome

Ntel speed with another app. It doesn't matter which app u use, the results will be similar with just slight difference. U shouldn't have brought Ntel into this at all in the first place. U would have just said ur speed on MTN LTE instead of saying MTN is better than Ntel when what u are getting is like 6 times less than what we get on Ntel.

2 Likes

Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by eraly(m): 6:43pm On Sep 29, 2016
Mafia4life:
Please you guys should use the right units for better understanding. There are differences between Mb/sec and MB/sec. Also KB/sec and kbps.

With what the Ops showed, the speed it very high. This is 5 mega byte not 5 mega bit..

OP's speed should then be around 5 * 8 = 40Mb/sec
Re: Mtn 4g Is Better Than Ntel 4g With Evidence. I Got 5.7mb/s With Mtn by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 29, 2016
rawdpiper:

His is in MB/S while yours is in Mb/S

No it is not, it is M/s which is mbps and not mB/s. This is why I asked for the test to be carried out with a speedtest app. Internet speedtest is normally in mbps and not MB/s.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tecno Promises To Release Nougat Update / Best And Worst Telecoms Customer Care Centres / #elephone P7000 Discussion Thread##

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.