Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,223 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

RealWorld Design Competition - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / RealWorld Design Competition (1260 Views)

NIGERIAN INDEPENDENCE DESIGN COMPETITION / Proudly Nigerian Design Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RealWorld Design Competition by crea8ivity(m): 10:20am On Oct 15, 2009
I've looked through every logo design, generally all the designs in this site and i will say they are cool but the rule of design is to KEEP IT SIMPLE, its from this simplicity that u can easily adjustment to designs if the client(s) make any form of correction. So please lets keep it simple.

Also when creating a design say Logo, please design various forms of that logo that the client can choose from, that what I do and it does work always.

Guys, the competition is to design a logo for logo for an abstract company,[size=18pt] Avis Confringo[/size]. Logo design is the first step of their branding because its a new company, more are still coming {Business cards, Letterheads, Posters,Website, TV Advert }

Interested Designers out there, can you keep up with the challenge, and don't forget the rule  KEEP IT SIMPLE and design various forms of that logo the company can choose from.

The Logo can be in 2D or 3D form, the thing is simplicity and lovely. You can use any Graphic Design software eg Adobe Illustrator, CorelDraw,etc. But i wouldn't recommend Photoshop because it is pixel based.

This challenge is for both Professional and Beginning Graphic Artist.

NB: Post your design in progress here.

Happy Hunting

smiley wink cheesy grin
Re: RealWorld Design Competition by Kemjisuper(m): 12:17pm On Oct 15, 2009
crea8ivity:

I've looked through every logo design, generally all the designs in this site and i will say they are cool but the rule of design is to KEEP IT SIMPLE, its from this simplicity that u can easily adjustment to designs if the client(s) make any form of correction. So please lets keep it simple.

Also when creating a design say Logo, please design various forms of that logo that the client can choose from, that what I do and it does work always.

Guys, the competition is to design a logo for logo for an abstract company,[size=18pt] Avis Confringo[/size]. Logo design is the first step of their branding because its a new company, more are still coming {Business cards, Letterheads, Posters,Website, TV Advert }

Interested Designers out there, can you keep up with the challenge, and don't forget the rule  KEEP IT SIMPLE and design various forms of that logo the company can choose from.

The Logo can be in 2D or 3D form, the thing is simplicity and lovely. You can use any Graphic Design software eg Adobe Illustrator, CorelDraw,etc. But i wouldn't recommend Photoshop because it is pixel based.

This challenge is for both Professional and Beginning Graphic Artist.

NB: Post your design in progress here.

Happy Hunting

smiley wink cheesy grin

Seriously dude, I think you should revise your strategy. What's with posting a logo design competition without a prize mentioned anywhere? If it's just for fun then no probs. But if you're looking to develop logo concepts for an actual company (new or old) then you had better state clearly the gains which the winner stands to benefit!

Cheers cool
Re: RealWorld Design Competition by emmakc(m): 1:43pm On Oct 15, 2009
While reading this sermon, i was looking for dollar/naira/euro. I didnt see one, WHY
Re: RealWorld Design Competition by crea8ivity(m): 11:09am On Oct 16, 2009
Ok guys. If that how its gonna be. Then

1st Price : Lynda.com - Adobe Illustrator CS4 Essentials and Beyond the Basics Tutorials, Designing a Logo Hands-On Workshop, and Cartoon Character Modeling with Maya.

2nd Price: Lynda.com - Adobe Illustrator CS4 Essentials and Beyond the Basics Tutorials, and Designing a Logo Hands-On Workshop.

3rd Price: Lynda.com -  Adobe Illustrator CS4 Essentials and Beyond the Basics Tutorials

Its that fair enough.

crea8ivity.
Re: RealWorld Design Competition by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 17, 2009
not fair enough, don;t u think a very good designer who knows his onions and eventually wins your competition might not be interested in lynda tutorials. u could get these stuff for free u know, am just saying sha not intending to brew controversy,
Re: RealWorld Design Competition by crea8ivity(m): 3:21pm On Oct 17, 2009
If you believe that u're already or you want to participate in the challenge, please give way for those interested and others that want to learn.

No Offence.
Re: RealWorld Design Competition by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 18, 2009
am just saying though, its just i've kinda studied this website and permit me to say i'm not too sure that's tempting enough to make this thread very active, anyways bigups, before i start sounding too critical
Re: RealWorld Design Competition by Abduljohn(m): 7:32pm On Oct 18, 2009
i think i support seunnaija there, if u really want people into dis, u should actually get dem motivated,

(1) (Reply)

Aghvx200e Camera For Sale With 32gb P2card! / Pls Any 1 Dat Uses After Fx Well Vfx I Nid Ur Hlp / "African Next Top Model" The Spotlight Is Now In Africa. My New Vector Art

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.