Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,114 members, 7,953,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:53 PM

Why Are Elections In Africa Not Squabble Free? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Elections In Africa Not Squabble Free? (368 Views)

Results From Saturday Dec 10, 2016 Legislative Re-run Elections In Rivers State / Governor El-Rufai Observes Elections In Ghana (photos) / Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Elections In Africa Not Squabble Free? by fabolouz1(m): 7:55pm On Sep 29, 2016
I have keenly observed the outcome of elections(presidential,gubernatorial,federal &state Parliaments) etc in other parts of the World and there is something common about them-the Losers Accepts Defeat And In Most Cases Congratulates The Winners While Going Back To The Drawing Board To See What Went Wrong In Order To Prepare For Next Time But it's entirely different in Africa. After Elections results is announced, those declared Losers Reject The Outcome Citing Rigging And Other Factors. This Incites Supporters Of The Different Camps And Leave In It's Wake Destruction Of Lives And Properties. Just Recently When Inec Declared Mr Godwin Obaseki Of The Apc As The Winner Of The Just Concluded Guber Election In Edo State, The Opposition Rejected The Announcement. I,am An Advocate Of Free And Fair Elections Thus I,am Not Implying That Those Who Feel Cheated Shouldn't Seek Redress At The Courts, All I,am Worried About Is, It Is A Recurring Decimal In Elections At This Part Of The Globe. Why Is This So?
Re: Why Are Elections In Africa Not Squabble Free? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 29, 2016
Because government positions in Africa are occupations to its holders and not calls to service
Re: Why Are Elections In Africa Not Squabble Free? by Shiitposter: 8:56pm On Sep 29, 2016
-Low IQ.
-Greed.
-Hate

(1) (Reply)

The Cure For Desert Places 2016 / Imo Assembly Moves To Stop Female Private Part Mutilation / Shiites To Sue El-rufa’i Over Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.