Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:59 AM

Barbecue Catfish Recipes In Foil - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Barbecue Catfish Recipes In Foil (10537 Views)

World Jollof Day 2018: Three Fun Recipes To Try / Welcome To The World Of Barbecue...... / How I Made My Delicious Weekend Fish Barbecue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barbecue Catfish Recipes In Foil by LikeJesus: 11:18pm On Sep 29, 2016
Dear Nairalanders,

Can someone help me with the recipe for barbecue catfish in foil?

The type they sell in beer joints with plantain and potatoes slices inside.

1 Like

Re: Barbecue Catfish Recipes In Foil by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 30, 2016
LikeJesus:
Dear Nairalanders,

Can someone help me with the recipe for barbecue catfish in foil?

The type they sell in beer joints with plantain and potatoes slices inside.
No picture?
Re: Barbecue Catfish Recipes In Foil by kniru: 9:01am On Sep 30, 2016
Hello ,

The recipe to that grilled fish in foil is really guarded because the recipe varies,

The main recipe being used is pepper, ginger nd dried onions all blended dry nd few other spices depending on the person preparing the spice.
I worked in a hotel before, the guy who does ours mixes the spice from home, because he doesnt want the chef to see his mixture.

i hope i helped dou. or beta stil you can ask around where they sell fresh catfish, ask the women there where you can get someone to mix the spice for you.

3 Likes

Re: Barbecue Catfish Recipes In Foil by LikeJesus: 8:55pm On Sep 30, 2016
[right][/right]
kniru:
Hello ,

The recipe to that grilled fish in foil is really guarded because the recipe varies,

The main recipe being used is pepper, ginger nd dried onions all blended dry nd few other spices depending on the person preparing the spice.
I worked in a hotel before, the guy who does ours mixes the spice from home, because he doesnt want the chef to see his mixture.

i hope i helped dou. or beta stil you can ask around where they sell fresh catfish, ask the women there where you can get someone to mix the spice for you.

You have really helped me my dear. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Barbecue Catfish Recipes In Foil by Iyabetajos(f): 10:32pm On Nov 20, 2017
I know that garlic is also a vital ingredient as it tones down the, strong fish aroma

1 Like

Re: Barbecue Catfish Recipes In Foil by AlphaMogul: 6:53pm On Oct 24, 2021
kniru:
Hello ,

Trade secrets... Lol.
Re: Barbecue Catfish Recipes In Foil by SLOVFO(m): 7:49pm On Oct 25, 2021
There no fixed recipe for this . But most recipes would normally have ginger, garlic and onion. But for me, I use garlic,ginger,onion, Cameroon pepper ,salt, parsley leaves ,soy sauce, oyster sauce and vegetable oil for the marinade. For stuffing, I use semi-ripe plantains. To enhance presentation you can use bright colour peppers also.

1 Like

Re: Barbecue Catfish Recipes In Foil by Kobojunkie: 8:11pm On Oct 26, 2021
SLOVFO:
There no fixed recipe for this . But most recipes would normally have ginger, garlic and onion. But for me, I use garlic,ginger,onion, Cameroon pepper ,salt, parsley leaves ,soy sauce, oyster sauce and vegetable oil for the marinade. For stuffing, I use semi-ripe plantains. To enhance presentation you can use bright colour peppers also.
Picture? undecided
Re: Barbecue Catfish Recipes In Foil by SLOVFO(m): 8:44pm On Oct 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Picture? undecided
Use your imagination friend.

1 Like

Re: Barbecue Catfish Recipes In Foil by Kobojunkie: 8:52pm On Oct 26, 2021
SLOVFO:

Where this food you describe is concerned? No undecided
Re: Barbecue Catfish Recipes In Foil by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 07, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Where this food you describe is concerned? No undecided

Is the explanation not enough? Na wa
Re: Barbecue Catfish Recipes In Foil by Kobojunkie: 10:42am On Nov 07, 2021
darealbabe:

Is the explanation not enough? Na wa
Ofcourse not! undecided
Re: Barbecue Catfish Recipes In Foil by buchilino(m): 9:27am On Nov 09, 2021
SLOVFO:

I need somebody that can train me on how to prepare it. Am ready to pay for the training, can u help?
Re: Barbecue Catfish Recipes In Foil by SLOVFO(m): 6:04pm On Nov 09, 2021
buchilino:

I need somebody that can train me on how to prepare it. Am ready to pay for the training, can u help?
Nope. I am not a professional chef. I do trial and error with cooking.
Re: Barbecue Catfish Recipes In Foil by buchilino(m): 6:21pm On Nov 09, 2021
SLOVFO:

Nope. I am not a professional chef. I do trial and error with cooking.

OK, BUT DO U KNOW ANY PLACE I COULD GO FOR THE TRAINING IN LAGOS?

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Use Dry Ugu(pumpkin Leaves) / Share Your Favorite Sunday Meal (with Pics if Possible). Here is mine. / Blenders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.