Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Help A Confused Young School Leaver - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Help A Confused Young School Leaver (717 Views)

The Ordeal Of A Confused Passing Out Corper. Advice Needed / I Want To Switch Back To My Profession But I'm Confused. Help! / Confused About Contract Job And A Permanent Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Confused Young School Leaver by Nobody: 11:49pm On Sep 29, 2016
I don't know if this is the appropriate section to post this, but I just have to - Moderators should please bear with me. I am having problems moving on with my career due to reasons I am yet to figure.

It all started when I chose arts/humanities over sciences in senior secondary school. embarassed I thought I would end up reading theatre arts and become one of those Nollywood clowns since 'Osoufia' was my role model. I was really blinded by my talent and it really choked me.

In a nutshell, I made my May/June O ' level papers at a sitting with 4 distinctions and 4 credit pass in Maths, English and Data proccessing and others. Now the problem is, I'm in love with Computers and technology. As far as I know, I can't read Computer science or any software engineering course without having a credit pass in physics and Computer science in my O'levels result. Who knows of any affordable degree awarding institution or professional establishment (affiliated to a degree awarding institution) that can admit me to read Computer science, software development or software engineering amidst the flaws in meeting the normal O'levels requirements to read the course? Please suggest. I will really appreciate.
Re: Help A Confused Young School Leaver by rectitude(m): 11:58pm On Sep 29, 2016
There's blog you can ask this and get quick and mature response, its called www.fixmeblog.com
Thank me later.
Re: Help A Confused Young School Leaver by tukdi: 12:48am On Sep 30, 2016
iambabmoses:
I don't know if this is the appropriate section to post this, but I just have to - Moderators should please bear with me. I am having problems moving on with my career due to reasons I am yet to figure.

It all started when I chose arts/humanities over sciences in senior secondary school. embarassed I thought I would end up reading theatre arts and become one of those Nollywood clowns since 'Osoufia' was my role model. I was really blinded by my talent and it really choked me.

In a nutshell, I made my May/June O ' level papers at a sitting with 4 distinctions and 4 credit pass in Maths, English and Data proccessing and others. Now the problem is, I'm in love with Computers and technology. As far as I know, I can't read Computer science or any software engineering course without having a credit pass in physics and Computer science in my O'levels result. Who knows of any affordable degree awarding institution or professional establishment (affiliated to a degree awarding institution) that can admit me to read Computer science, software development or software engineering amidst the flaws in meeting the normal O'levels requirements to read the course? Please suggest. I will really appreciate.
Hi dear, there is no cause for alarm!

Don't look for cheap ways/schools to actualise your dreams and don't forget you are still very young, so no need to rush in life!

Just rush immediately and register for waec & neco as a science student now because the registration is still on-going!

After the registration, look for waec & neco classes/lessons and attend! Don't forget along the line, you will also have to buy jamb form as well!

If you still have enough money left, u can enroll at any computer school nearest to you ie: attend computer school in the morning AND waec/neco classes in the afternoon/evening!

By God's grace, if you follow what I've told you, you will become one of the best computer scientists in the world and you will be really proud of yourself!

I wish you the best of luck! cheesy
Re: Help A Confused Young School Leaver by jamex93(m): 1:23am On Sep 30, 2016
Y not enroll ur self in one of these ICT institutions

So it will be 1 stone for 2birds

Your O level will still be very much useful

So u can become like osofia
Re: Help A Confused Young School Leaver by Nobody: 5:24am On Sep 30, 2016
jamex93:
Y not enroll ur self in one of these ICT institutions

So it will be 1 stone for 2birds

Your O level will still be very much useful

So u can become like osofia

Like which institutions please?
Re: Help A Confused Young School Leaver by Nobody: 5:27am On Sep 30, 2016
tukdi:
Hi dear, there is no cause for alarm!

Don't look for cheap ways/schools to actualise your dreams and don't forget you are still very young, so no need to rush in life!

Just rush immediately and register for waec & neco as a science student now because the registration is still on-going!

After the registration, look for waec & neco classes/lessons and attend! Don't forget along the line, you will also have to buy jamb form as well!

If you still have enough money left, u can enroll at any computer school nearest to you ie: attend computer school in the morning AND waec/neco classes in the afternoon/evening!

By God's grace, if you follow what I've told you, you will become one of the best computer scientists in the world and you will be really proud of yourself!

I wish you the best of luck! cheesy

I was thinking about that too. But was wondering if I could complete physics syllabus before WAEC exam commences.
Re: Help A Confused Young School Leaver by tukdi: 8:53am On Sep 30, 2016
iambabmoses:

I was thinking about that too. But was wondering if I could complete physics syllabus before WAEC exam commences.
Yes of course you can! That's why i made mention of waec/neco classes that can assist u very well!
Re: Help A Confused Young School Leaver by IDEALCASH(m): 12:51am On Oct 01, 2016
dont waste precious time, success in life does not solely depend on course you study. choose a course that your passed subject can go for and take courses in computer skills simultaneously.
Re: Help A Confused Young School Leaver by jamex93(m): 8:52am On Oct 01, 2016
iambabmoses:

Like which institutions please?

Like here in Kaduna we have dialogue computers

They are good I tell you... Google about it you will get more information
Re: Help A Confused Young School Leaver by Longman6(m): 3:16pm On Oct 01, 2016
my first advice is that you pray to God to help you make a decision, secondly you don't have to study computer science in university, you can always take professional certificate like ccna, oracle(exams), but the most important thing is that you be good practical wise, go and find out about joining Andela(I don't know much about them) also develop coddling skills etc.but Asking God will save you a lot of stress.

(1) (Reply)

Ican Intensive Revision Classes-may 2017 Diet / Please I'm In Need Of Chevron Internship Past Questions. / We Can Supply You Raw Unrefined Shea Butter In Large Quantity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.