Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,038 members, 7,863,713 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:17 AM

Naira In Free Fall, Plunges To 480/dollar - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira In Free Fall, Plunges To 480/dollar (584 Views)

Naira Plunges To N390 Per Dollar On Parallel Market / Dollar Free Fall Continues, Sells At N425/dollar / Naira Plunges To 440 As Dollar Inflow Drops - PUNCH (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira In Free Fall, Plunges To 480/dollar by gingger(m): 8:04am On Sep 30, 2016
The naira plunged further against the United States dollar to a new record low of 480 on Thursday, down from 472 it recorded on Wednesday.

The currency had continued its two-week free fall on Monday, closing at 445 to the dollar after tumbling to 439 on Friday.

On Tuesday, the currency closed at 452 to the greenback. Also on Tuesday, the external reserves hit an 11-year low of $24.61bn.

“Dollar is very scarce in the market right now because many people don’t know how low it will fall in the near term, so people are holding on to their hard currencies in order to watch the direction of the market,” one dealer said.

More on... http://punchng.com/naira-free-fall-plunges-480dollar/
Re: Naira In Free Fall, Plunges To 480/dollar by tinziemaine(m): 8:05am On Sep 30, 2016
Festus commentus,wow we are falling down down and down into our oil well.
Re: Naira In Free Fall, Plunges To 480/dollar by Day169: 8:08am On Sep 30, 2016
Lord have mercy upon us. ..
My buying power has been halved within a year. cry
Re: Naira In Free Fall, Plunges To 480/dollar by motherfucker: 8:26am On Sep 30, 2016
Day169:
Lord have mercy upon us. ..
My buying power has been halved within a year. cry
Earn dollars and you wouldn't worry. smiley

1 Like

Re: Naira In Free Fall, Plunges To 480/dollar by Neduzze5(m): 8:28am On Sep 30, 2016
That one concern the naira sha. Make I continue to dey earn in dollars. If e want, make e reach #1000/$1. Not overtly bothered.

Lalasticlala, Dominique.
Re: Naira In Free Fall, Plunges To 480/dollar by Nobody: 8:30am On Sep 30, 2016
motherfucker:
Earn dollars and you wouldn't worry. smiley

Even if u earn dollar and get rich but driving everyday and seeing people around you suffering from it will make you worry except you are as Heartless as a Nigeria Politician. I just don't earn Foriegn currency, I earn it in pounds but I still need the Purchasing power of my beloved Naira to be good. Why? Because I am a Nigerian and I love my country. So let's not celebrate this because Nigerians are suffering as a result of it.

1 Like

Re: Naira In Free Fall, Plunges To 480/dollar by gingger(m): 8:35am On Sep 30, 2016
Here at Onitsha... Filling stations re locked out.. no fuel.. Hike in fare.. God help us
Re: Naira In Free Fall, Plunges To 480/dollar by motherfucker: 8:39am On Sep 30, 2016
Stelvin101:

Even if u earn dollar and get rich but driving everyday and seeing people around you suffering from it will make you worry except you are as Heartless as a Nigeria Politician. I just don't earn Foriegn currency, I earn it in pounds but I still need the Purchasing power of my beloved Naira to be good. Why? Because I am a Nigerian
agreed but I have grown to understand that I can't save the world.

I used to think of everyone and how I can help but you see, Nigerians have one funny attitude and since then, I have learned not to give a fork about the next person. I still render help when I can but not like I used to.

Come and protest, zero.

Elect someone who has no link to a God father, zero

Kick against the politicians and eject them, zero

But a man will steal Maggi in the market, they will behead him, burn him alive. To replicate same measure on politicians, zero.

When Nigerians are ready, I will care. Until then, we should all be in the problem we created for ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: Naira In Free Fall, Plunges To 480/dollar by postingnysc: 8:51am On Sep 30, 2016

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Market Women Protest, Block Benin-lagos Highway / Be Part Of This Training On Makeup And Tying Of Igele / How Much Is The Price Of Kerosene Litter In Your Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.