Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,044 members, 7,835,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Album Revew-kel's The Investment - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Album Revew-kel's The Investment (969 Views)

Mtv Mama Awards 2009(kel, Mi, 2face, Dbanj, Psquare Nominated) / Impressive Naija Sturvs - Asa's new single, Kel's new vid, wale feat L Gaga etc / Ijinle Pam Pam By Knighthouse Ft. Eldee, Kel, YQ & Othello (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Album Revew-kel's The Investment by jeff101: 1:12pm On Oct 15, 2009
Re: Album Revew-kel's The Investment by semid4lyfe(m): 11:21pm On Oct 15, 2009
Zap! I hate it when I have to visit another site to read a story.
Poster, try give yourself brain and next time do the right thing.
Re: Album Revew-kel's The Investment by bydot1(m): 3:26am On Oct 16, 2009
Exactly, na wahala self, brb sha smiley
Re: Album Revew-kel's The Investment by HJ1(m): 12:15pm On Oct 16, 2009
that album was WACK! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Album Revew-kel's The Investment by obinna5000(m): 1:09pm On Oct 16, 2009
Well, the only songs I really liked are: NOBODY ELSE, TURN BY TURN, TOO FINE & DIE HUSTLING.
Re: Album Revew-kel's The Investment by kaypumpin2(m): 10:11pm On Oct 16, 2009
Virtually all songs sound the same plus i doubt if there is a track on the album she did alone.

Just an OK album.
Re: Album Revew-kel's The Investment by rapjunkie(m): 11:05pm On Oct 16, 2009
How can Kel have an album and Blaise dont? . . . . . .huh??
Re: Album Revew-kel's The Investment by eldee(m): 1:29am On Oct 17, 2009
Album Revew-kel's The Investment

If rap records were reviewed based on beauty,this sexy rapper would have won my coveted classic tag but fortunately they are not.with her laid back flow & nimble word play,kel strives to make her mark with her debut album,which she does more often than not.

She shows off her robust lyrical delivery on the lead single "wa waa alright" and lines like "i write like i was born to rhyme,make it count everytime. physically iam well designed,mentally iam on my grind" makes us know that baby girl ain't playing.she totally blows our mind with the alaye & may d assisted "too fine" and on "omoyapayaski" featuring durella she kept it hood.while on the ragga flavoured "push" featuring nyore she offers something totally different.

With production handled by the suspect,dr frabz,ty mix,j martins & jesse jags the album doesn't suffer much in terms of production although it is hard to overlook the lethargic production on tracks like "sitting on top,jeun soke & beautiful life".the low points on this album come when she tries to rap about love on "need you in my life" and the unconvincing storytelling on "boy meets girl" leaves you dissatisfied.when you listen to this album you get this almost there feeling,like there is something missing and it doesn't require much intellect before you know what it is.this album suffers seriously from lack of subject matter.

With her deft lyricism she has convinced us that she is a serious contender for naija's number 1 rap chick throne,but the question is can she hold it down on her own as her album has more guests than a 5 star hotel.apart from the previously mentioned tracks there is a lot of solid & i pod worthy material on this LP.songs like "die hustling,dem don dey move & nobody else" add the much needed jolt of adrenaline to this album.

Despite the fact that she is a rookie,kel's debut album is a solid & cohesive effort and deserves all the accolades it gets.she will definitely get better with time.with the present economic climate kel is a great and worthy investment.

RATING-7/10

PLAY-too fine,wa waa alright,push,nobody else,dem don dey move
SKIP-jeun soke,sitting on top,boy meets girl

1 Like

Re: Album Revew-kel's The Investment by semid4lyfe(m): 11:20am On Oct 17, 2009
Eldee, thank you jare. May your days be long. You did what the poster should have done in the first place.
So after all said and said, is the album worth buying or should I just download some select songs to my pc?
Re: Album Revew-kel's The Investment by chic2pimp(m): 11:28am On Oct 17, 2009
kay_pumpin:

Virtually all songs sound the same plus i doubt if there is a track on the album she did alone
Just an OK album.
Really? Guess there is no point wasting my time,is there? undecided

I'll probably just download a few songs just to see how it sounds.
Re: Album Revew-kel's The Investment by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 17, 2009
Sorry Kel, Am not impressed.
Same delivery pattern.I don't have d album though but have listened to virtually all d track but my best is TOO FINE
Re: Album Revew-kel's The Investment by iz2much: 5:36pm On Oct 17, 2009
Give us story if u want to. I like the intro, u know won ni ware stuff and too fine, other are dummy

(1) (Reply)

Download New Tustep Single Ft Yq ( Eziokwu ) Mp3 File / M.I Is Trying To Sound Like Nas / Drop Your Punchlines And Wordplays Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.