Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo (2681 Views)

Northern Youths Meet Again To React To El-Rufai Over The Sack Of Igbos / Northern Youths Sack Of Igbos: Afenifere, MASSOB, ADC, IYM, Others React / Igbos' unfair blame Of Yorubas For the Failure Of the Biafran Experiment . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by Sweetle(f): 12:30pm On Sep 30, 2016
Obafemi Awolowo said that if the Igbos should secede the Yorubas would follow suit.

This got me thinking recently.

So the destiny of the Yorubas having their own country depends on weather the Igbos remained in Nigeria or left?

Awolowo's statement clearly meant that the destiny of the Yorubas lie in the hands of the Igbos.

No wonder Yorubas are found running around any thread involving Igbos and self determination.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by sarrki(m): 12:32pm On Sep 30, 2016
If I start now

People will say I talk

Observing

4 Likes

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by Sweetle(f): 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2016
sarrki:
If I start now

People will say I talk

Observing

Is this not the truth?

How can the yorubas put their destiny of being in Nigeria or not on the action taken by Igbos?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by sarrki(m): 12:35pm On Sep 30, 2016
Sweetle:

Is this not the truth?

How can the yorubas put their destiny of being in Nigeria or not on the action taken by Igbos?

Sis you need a nap

When you are through let me know

3 Likes

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by AgentOrange: 12:49pm On Sep 30, 2016
Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 30, 2016
Sweetle:
Obafemi Awolowo said that if the Igbos were allowed to secede the Yorubas would follow suit.

So the destiny of the Yorubas having their own country depends on weather the Igbos remained in Nigeria or left?

Awolowo's statement clearly meant that the destiny of the Yorubas lie in the hands of the Igbos.

No wonder Yorubas are found running around any thread involving Igbos and self determination.
Another pained op has opened thread even d South South people were against biafra during d time...Yorubas doesn't depend on easterners on anything...if we want to secede, we wud have done it unlike una

Remember what Prof. Micheal Kunle Ariyo said "Igbos are yoruba's slaves" una dey make me think is true o grin

12 Likes

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by AgentOrange: 12:54pm On Sep 30, 2016
Onijagidijagan:

Another pained op has opened thread even d South South people were against biafra during d time...Yorubas doesn't depend on easterners on anything...if we want to secede, we wud have done it unlike una

Remember what Prof. Micheal Kunle Ariyo said "Igbos are yoruba's slaves" una dey make me think is true o grin

Yorubas are eternal slaves to the fulani-Olu Falae.

How come yorubas and their ratak drinking god awolowo were waiting for "slaves" for them to decide their fate in Nigeria?

You don't depend on easterners for anything yet you were waiting for us to secede before you can go? cheesy cheesy cheesy

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by AgentOrange: 12:58pm On Sep 30, 2016
Sweetle:
Obafemi Awolowo said that if the Igbos were allowed to secede the Yorubas would follow suit.

My sister, you are 100% correct.

Anyone trying to argue otherwise is deceiving himself. Lolzzz

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by AgentOrange: 1:00pm On Sep 30, 2016
This topic deserves front page aswear. grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by omonla555: 1:30pm On Sep 30, 2016
God will destroy whoever is sowing seeds of discord among ethnic nationalities in Nigeria.

Why is the OP so callous and dirty mined?

Is it a must you post on Nairaland?

2 Likes

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by bkool7(m): 2:27pm On Sep 30, 2016
Sweetle:

Bigot !

2 Likes

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by Alawe(m): 2:40pm On Sep 30, 2016
AgentOrange:
This topic deserves front page aswear. grin grin
True

5 Likes

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 30, 2016
Sweetle:

Perhaps this is the reason they say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

1 Like

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by galaxy4rep(m): 4:07pm On Sep 30, 2016
Bursted !!!!!!!!..
Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by galaxy4rep(m): 4:08pm On Sep 30, 2016
okokobioko! truth they say is bitter.....

4 Likes

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by galaxy4rep(m): 4:13pm On Sep 30, 2016
omonla555:
God will destroy whoever is sowing seeds of discord among ethnic nationalities in Nigeria.

Why is the OP so callous and dirty mined?

Is it a must you post on Nairaland?
karma is a bitch...go tell that to ur brother Sarrki and his fellow afonjas !

4 Likes

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by Newworldorder: 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2016
No wonder dey call u iPod of insult u if u ever talk of biafra or seceding or they tell u that u r not igbo
Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by truthonmission: 4:29pm On Sep 30, 2016
When ever d AFONJAS sees the truth they become confuse like d devil

12 Likes

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by Newworldorder: 4:31pm On Sep 30, 2016
Onijagidijagan:

U know nothing about biafra,

2 Likes

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by funlord(m): 4:35pm On Sep 30, 2016
grin
Sweetle:

Unfortunately this your so called destiny will never materialise so its time to wake up from your drug induced slumber!

You guys are going NOWHERE! We shall all make this country great together by fire by force!
So nwokem get ready, your kids will end up marrying afonjas, mine may end up with gambaris, Na so e suppose be!

If e pain you then start crying as usual! But na NAIJA for life una be! Your biafra dream is as dead as" awolowo, ojukwu and sardauna bello combined!".......

**slaps him with a new handkerchief to wipe his tears of secession**

2 Likes

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by truthonmission: 4:39pm On Sep 30, 2016
sarrki:

Sis you need a nap

When you are through let me know
See how confused u are? that is what d truth can do to devil. my mission is to expose and destroy u, because u rep evil

4 Likes

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by JimiOgunlola: 4:40pm On Sep 30, 2016
That statement effectively placed yorubas beneath Igbos forever in all ramification. It's a statement that will haunt yoruba future generation forever.

It means that for yorubas to make any headway in life, they must look and emulate Igbos.

15 Likes

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by JimiOgunlola: 4:44pm On Sep 30, 2016
When we yorubas say we 'don't care about Biafra', we are actually deceiving ourselves.
Biafra means things will change for us in yorubaland. The problem is we don't know how things will change whether it is for good or bad, that's why we are afraid.
Biafra will affect yorubaland, that's certain.

I must say the truth whether it is against me or not.

7 Likes

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by orisa37: 4:46pm On Sep 30, 2016
In a Tricycle Keke napep, if one wheel is carelessly vandalised, the remaining two will not work. The Yorubas will not work with a Bicycle. The Yorubas will run on their own legs till they can purchase a four-wheeled vehicle. Yorubas will be there when you have autonomous nw,ne,sw&se or you collapse the Nation into six autonomous zones.
Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by truthonmission: 4:47pm On Sep 30, 2016
JimiOgunlola:
That statement effectively placed yorubas beneath Igbos forever in all ramification. It's a statement that will haunt yoruba future generation forever.

It means that for yorubas to make any headway in life, they must look and emulate Igbos.
you're free indeed, because u know the truth.

5 Likes

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by Sweetle(f): 4:52pm On Sep 30, 2016
JimiOgunlola:
[size=20pt]That statement effectively placed yorubas beneath Igbos forever in all ramification.[/size] It's a statement that will haunt yoruba future generation forever.

1 Like

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by CandyDiamond(f): 4:58pm On Sep 30, 2016
The truth of matter is that your assertion is straight like cigarette, Yoruba destiny in Nigeria depend on Igbos, that is why they don't want Igbos to go at all cost

9 Likes

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by chibuzorAbia: 5:13pm On Sep 30, 2016
Yet my people are trooping to Yorubaland everyday. Here in Enugu, I can hardly find a single Yoruba person. We are putting our destiny in the hands of Yorubas. Those treaserous Afonjas.

3 Likes

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by FunkyMetahuman: 5:14pm On Sep 30, 2016
Another inferiority complex ridden flat head running amok cheesy

Only Yorubas can grant Igbo freedom in Nigeria.

Yoruba slaves

3 Likes

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by Kyase(m): 5:20pm On Sep 30, 2016
And "WE" the NORTHERNERS are observing.
This fight go sweet like blu.efil.m
Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by Henrydone: 5:29pm On Sep 30, 2016
OP must be sick at the top or you don take warri weed

1 Like

Re: Destiny Of Yorubas In The Hands Of Igbos-Obafemi Awolowo by galaxy4rep(m): 6:44pm On Sep 30, 2016
chibuzorAbia:
Yet my people are trooping to Yorubaland everyday. Here in Enugu, I can hardly find a single Yoruba person. We are putting our destiny in the hands of Yorubas. Those treaserous Afonjas.
Igbo movement is because of their industriousness, their desire to change things, but normal Yoruba man is lazy, they are always scared of moving out of their comfort zone unlike d Igbo man!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About End- User Certificates / Breaking: Little Children Swear To Restore Biafra Or Die In The Process - Video / Oduduwa Republic-- Another Faceless And Sourceless Group Emerges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.