Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,213 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

If Evolution Was True! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Evolution Was True! (7080 Views)

If Evolution Is True ,atheism Can't Be Rationally Held / If Evolution Was True Then It Should Be Able To Regrow Lost Limbs In Humans / If Evolution Was Untrue. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Evolution Was True! by MrPresident1: 12:31pm On Oct 08, 2016
Seun:
If you're skeptical of reasonable assumptions based on incomplete physical evidence and logic, you should be far more skeptical of unreasonable assumptions based on a mythical story written in a scientifically inaccurate book.

Boda Seun, do you think nature is alive and conscious?

Is nature alive?
Re: If Evolution Was True! by adjoviomole(m): 3:35pm On Oct 08, 2016
Seun:
If you're skeptical of reasonable assumptions based on incomplete physical evidence and logic, you should be far more skeptical of unreasonable assumptions based on a mythical story written in a scientifically inaccurate book.

Same goes for the big bang theory.

Besides,the children of israel,egyptians,romans wer all recorded in d bible as part of history so that's a tangible proof too going by your own logic.
Re: If Evolution Was True! by Niflheim(m): 4:17pm On Oct 08, 2016
The average christian/muslim on Nairaland should be grateful to the Nigerian government that stupidity is not a capital crime, because if it were.....................the OP would not even be alive to make such a post!!!
Re: If Evolution Was True! by Marvel1206: 6:43pm On Oct 08, 2016
adjoviomole:

Same goes for the big bang theory.

Besides,the children of israel,egyptians,romans wer all recorded in d bible as part of history so that's a tangible proof too going by your own logic.
lol. You're really a torn in the flesh of atheists.. Abeg let them rest. Anyway, i formatted my phone so i lost bbm and that explains why i haven't been in touch with you. I've not had the chance to download it back. But soon sha
Re: If Evolution Was True! by FriedYam: 6:53pm On Oct 08, 2016
Niflheim:
The average christian/muslim on Nairaland should be grateful to the Nigerian government that stupidity is not a capital crime, because if it were.....................the OP would not even be alive to make such a post!!!

it's obvious you are pained beyond doubt.. grin
Re: If Evolution Was True! by shadeyinka(m): 9:27pm On Oct 08, 2016
Seun:

DNA is, among other things, is a biological "software" that guides the process of turning an embryo into a full grown animal. Evolution primarily alters this development process. It's intuitive that "writing" a piece of software takes much longer than "running" it after it's been written.

https://www.google.com.ng/search?q=lanugo+function
"It helps to hold the vernix in place to ensure your baby's delicate skin doesn't become chapped by the long immersion in amniotic fluid."

I have always been a proponent of the "software" part of the "biological" being. I had in many of my previous posts showed that:
The Soul: is the software (Operating System and Application Programs) component of an animistic being.

Since I know that you know about programming, will you please answer this questions:

1. Given all the alphanumeric codes, what is the probability that randomly juggling them together can produce the simplest C++ code to print "Hello World!"
(Pls neglect the place of the C++ compiler as a means of simplifying this problem)

2. You found an AI code that controls a robot and you were told that the code actually randomly produced themselves after billions of years of someone juggling them together.

3. How logical is it for someone who opens up a computer only not to find the so-called "software" and his conclusion is "Science has just proved that softwares don't exist". Or if softwares exist, what is the colour, mass or volume?

As you said,
"writing" a piece of software takes much longer than "running" it after it's been written.
Re: If Evolution Was True! by Seun(m): 1:35pm On Oct 09, 2016
MrPresident1:
Boda Seun, do you think nature is alive and conscious?
I believe that all biological life is alive, and I think higher animals like elephants, chimpanzees, and killer whales are definitely conscious.

adjoviomole:
Besides,the children of israel,egyptians,romans were all recorded in d bible as part of history so that's a tangible proof too going by your own logic.
How does the existence of Jews, Romans and Egyptians prove that the Genesis account of the creation of the universe in 7 days is accurate?
Re: If Evolution Was True! by Seun(m): 1:53pm On Oct 09, 2016
shadeyinka:
1. Given all the alphanumeric codes, what is the probability that randomly juggling them together can produce the simplest C++ code to print "Hello World!"
(Pls neglect the place of the C++ compiler as a means of simplifying this problem)
If you have billions of years and millions of developer workstations, it can happen. But the language of C++ is not designed for evolution.
In Genetic Programming, programs are represented in a way that allows working programs to be created through an evolutionary process.

2. You found an AI code that controls a robot and you were told that the code actually randomly produced themselves after billions of years of someone juggling them together.
Using Genetic Programming and by conducting the mutation and artificial selection on a supercomputer, this is possible in much less time.

3. How logical is it for someone who opens up a computer only not to find the so-called "software" and his conclusion is "Science has just proved that softwares don't exist". Or if softwares exist, what is the colour, mass or volume?
DNA is the software for development. It's the software that enables a microscopic embryo to grow into a complex animal like a Zebra or man. We have looked at living things under the microscope and we have seen that there's a copy of the DNA in every cell. We have seen it!

Concerning the "soul", do you have any good reason to believe that your "soul" existed before you were born and persists after your death?
Re: If Evolution Was True! by MrPresident1: 2:57pm On Oct 09, 2016
Seun:

I believe that all biological life is alive, and I think higher animals like elephants, chimpanzees, and killer whales are definitely conscious.

How does the existence of Jews, Romans and Egyptians prove that the Genesis account of the creation of the universe in 7 days is accurate?

Boda Seun, yes you are correct, all biological life is alive and higher animals like elephants, chimpanzees, and killer whales are definitely conscious. You are very right and correct, they are alive and conscious.

But that is not my question.

My question is- nature from which life and consciousness evolved (as seen in the life and consciousness of man and animals), nature which is the originator, and envelop of all life- is this nature alive and conscious?
Re: If Evolution Was True! by adjoviomole(m): 3:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
Seun:

The snake with legs dats one proof
Re: If Evolution Was True! by shadeyinka(m): 3:44pm On Oct 09, 2016
Seun:

If you have billions of years and millions of developer workstations, it can happen. But the language of C++ is not designed for evolution.
In Genetic Programming, programs are represented in a way that allows working programs to be created through an evolutionary process.

Evolution I must confess is an overused and overbloated term. To the biologist, it makes perfect sense but to a chemist or physicist, it is slightly more difficult to sell as the alpha and omega.

Here you started with
1. Millions of developers: I assume you mean millions of atoms
2. Millions of workstations: I assume you mean planetary environments

Do you honestly think that the environmental factors are designed for evolution? What would be characteristic trait of an environment suitable for evolutionary programs?

That environment must be a fantastically complex code just like a workstation suitable for generating complex AI codes. But billions of years ago, this same environment was supposed to be chaotic...and most likely unsuitable for life....then suddenly it changed to support the growth and evolution of life.

Do you honestly believe that our ancestors were Apes? By now, science should be able to predict how humans will look 100,000 years from now.LOL!

Nature (environment) doesn't like instability and that is why chemical reactions take place...formation of more stable compounds. The simplest DNA is so complex that it cannot be formed in nature. Since nature goes for the simplest stable compounds.

Evolution can only take place iff irritability is present in atoms/molecules...I doubt if a single example exist in nature or in the lab.

Seun:

Using Genetic Programming and by conducting the mutation and artificial selection on a supercomputer, this is possible in much less time.

You are still using the same complex words;
Programming and Artificial selection : The question is using what criteria?

The only criteria I know is stability: With stability, mutation CANNOT take place.

If there is selection, there must be criteria and objective.
If there is programming, there must be intelligent sequence of instructions, selection, data and a feedback.

Evolution appeals to logic and science but it hides under the pretense of billions of years and probability. We often forget that the basic building block of everything are atoms and not molecules. Atoms are just machines.

If you have all the atoms to make a Toyota Highlander, how many trillions of years would it take to form the injector system, tires, windscreen, wipers...and assemble them to that car? We know the answer impossible!

Seun:

DNA is the software for development. It's the software that enables a microscopic embryo to grow into a complex animal like a Zebra or man. We have looked at living things under the microscope and we have seen that there's a copy of the DNA in every cell. We have seen it!

Every software is planned and sequenced (coded)!...by someone! Nairaland was planned, maintained, and financed no kind of accident could have brought it into being.

Have you ever considered that the DNA could just be like a ROM of a computer? Of course, the ROM contains the data and codes but the ROM isn't the software. Softwares are invisible!

Seun:

Concerning the "soul", do you have any good reason to believe that your "soul" existed before you were born and persists after your death?

My soul did not exist before I was born
However, my soul will exist after I die.

My soul came into existence when my parent did what parents do to have children.

Now, talking about reasons:
First all my reasons would be subjective because there exist no objective proof of God, Spirit, Soul or Eternity.

1. It started with a bias:
My parents took me to church
2. Inquisition: Could every thing have been by accident?
Who is Gods Father?
Why are we here?
Concept of the Trinity of Man. Etc etc.
3. Personal Experience:
I wanted to live my life to please Him
I found Him: its a question of sincerity of desire
I have some little experience of the christian walk which reinforced my faith
4. It makes logical sense:
Once you cross from Atheism to Gnostic Theism, patterns start falling into place especially if you seek knowledge and understanding.

Do you know that the soul is like the software part of an animistic being?

5. Theism doesn't shut down on Science, NO
However science cannot explain everything!

Minor Evidences: NDEs, Intution, Instinct , Paranormals...etc.

You will agree with me that they are all subjective.

Any Questions?
Re: If Evolution Was True! by adjoviomole(m): 3:44pm On Oct 09, 2016
Marvel1206:

lol. You're really a torn in the flesh of atheists.. Abeg let them rest. Anyway, i formatted my phone so i lost bbm and that explains why i haven't been in touch with you. I've not had the chance to download it back. But soon sha

Aiit bro no p
Re: If Evolution Was True! by ayili: 10:10pm On Oct 11, 2016
Even this ape knows the true

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please help i'm Going Crazy!! / Christians,please Meet Brian Deacon The Man Who Is Regards As Jesus Christ / Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.