Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,238 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

If Evolution Was True! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Evolution Was True! (7081 Views)

If Evolution Is True ,atheism Can't Be Rationally Held / If Evolution Was True Then It Should Be Able To Regrow Lost Limbs In Humans / If Evolution Was Untrue. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Evolution Was True! by adjoviomole(m): 1:16pm On Oct 05, 2016
wirinet:

I doubt. The Eskimo already has fur (albeit artificial ones), without it the Eskimo would not have survived in the arctic environment in the first place.

Technology is now evolution . I don hear una o cheesy grin
Re: If Evolution Was True! by Ranchhoddas: 3:04pm On Oct 05, 2016
adjoviomole:

Aiit so what u mean now is that in the future the eskimo's will still grow fur shey? grin cheesy
Chai God!!! This is why I did not bother with you at first. You lack the basic understanding of that which you want to criticize.
Re: If Evolution Was True! by Ranchhoddas: 3:11pm On Oct 05, 2016
adjoviomole:

Technology is now evolution . I don hear una o cheesy grin
The 'technology' is a product of an EVOLVED brain. Kai!!!!
Re: If Evolution Was True! by adjoviomole(m): 4:48pm On Oct 05, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
The 'technology' is a product of an EVOLVED brain. Kai!!!!

I comment my reserve
Re: If Evolution Was True! by adjoviomole(m): 4:50pm On Oct 05, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Chai God!!! This is why I did not bother with you at first. You lack the basic understanding of that which you want to criticize.

I understand evolution perfectly. Ok let me ask u dis question.

The land animals dat evolved into water creatures, why did dey move into d water?
Re: If Evolution Was True! by Ranchhoddas: 5:56pm On Oct 05, 2016
adjoviomole:

I understand evolution perfectly. Ok let me ask u dis question.

The land animals dat evolved into water creatures, why did dey move into d water?
No you don't. If you did you won't be opening threads of this nature because your question is like asking why man invented planes instead of just evolving wings.

1 Like

Re: If Evolution Was True! by 4everGod1: 6:06pm On Oct 05, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
No you don't. If you did you won't be opening threads of this nature because your question is like asking why man invented planes instead of just evolving wings.

Ranchie pls don't start. Evolution allegedly brought man from a single cell to Who we are today with legs, arms et al. Why should it be difficult for man to evolve wings?

Afterall under the law of natural selection wings are important as they would save us the cost for air travel...Abi birds that fly from continent to continent need visa or flight ticket money?

Evolutionists claim natural selection happens out of neccessity to adapt so are wings not an adaptive feature for man to have with all this traffic gridlocks and flight travel rates?

Abeg no ask dis kind question again.
Re: If Evolution Was True! by adjoviomole(m): 6:28pm On Oct 05, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

Why did land animals move into the water n evolve to water creatures?

So dis animals should have invented something that can make them liv and move under water na! cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: If Evolution Was True! by Ranchhoddas: 6:59pm On Oct 05, 2016
4everGod1:

Ranchie pls don't start. Evolution allegedly brought man from a single cell to Who we are today with legs, arms et al. Why should it be difficult for man to evolve wings?

Afterall under the law of natural selection wings are important as they would save us the cost for air travel...Abi birds that fly from continent to continent need visa or flight ticket money?

Evolutionists claim natural selection happens out of neccessity to adapt so are wings not an adaptive feature for man to have with all this traffic gridlocks and flight travel rates?

Our highly evolved and still evolving brain has rendered the 'evolution of wings' unnecessary. If a teleportation machine is invented in the future, would you ask why man did not develop the ability to teleport?
Re: If Evolution Was True! by DeSepiero(m): 7:06pm On Oct 05, 2016
4everGod1:

I suggest you read this your post again so you would see how crazy this theory sounds.

So DNA can help fast track everything and in the process we pass through looking a cell to fishlike to then human all in 9 months yet you say evolution helps us adapt by altering certain features like giving fish legs right? So the baby in the womb was it concieved nd start growing with legs in the womb? Remember ot began from a simple single cell so to you thats not what evolution depicts.

You also mentioned natural selection....Evolutionists declare that man is the pinnacle of evolution yet via the same law of natural selection man could not borrow the best from all other of his evolutionary processes.

We still do not have the best eyesight of all creatures, We do not have the best smell (nose), We do not have the strongest jaw, We do not have the ability to regrow lost limbs like lizards regrow tails, we do not have the ability to camouflage ourselves like chameleons do, we do not have the greatest hearing for all sound frequencies, and so on.

The law of natural selection should have easily dealt with this problem but no it did not but somehow other "lesser" animals got the best of these aforementioned things....

when you reason it deeply I am sure even you would have doubts about evolution as its filled with suppositions and probabilities and outlandish assumptions with questionable or no proof besides the cloak and dagger story of it taking billions of years to happen.

So if we as humans are billions of years from the first evolutionary process thise clearly states that we are still evolving which was why I I gave the example of human reproduction..... If 50million people 1000yrs ago began reproducing then by now we would have had 250million or more reproductive cycles individually yet with no evolutionary change in sight or even the slightest hint of it.

Guy, there's so much desperation in your post.
Do you expect Seun to have the appropriate answer to all these questions (both right & wrong)? Do you even understand the significance of your questions?

People study evolutionary biology in 3 years for a Doctorate, and here you are thinking you'd grasp it all in one argument.

At most, Seun has only a 'basic' understanding of evolution, just enough for him to hold his belief. Same as you; barely enough to hold your unbelief.

Take it slow.
Re: If Evolution Was True! by 4everGod1: 7:07pm On Oct 05, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Our highly evolved and still evolving brain has rendered the 'evolution of wings' unnecessary. If a teleportation machine is invented in the future, would you ask why man did not develop the ability to teleport?

Ranchie The development of the Brain does not and cannot in any way impede evolution as evolution did not even need the brain to occur in the first place.

Did the single cell they claim we evolved from have a brain? Inventions do not impede physical evolution.

Herein is the fallacy of evolution.

Teleportation machines should not stop one from evolving to it physically as well afterall science had clearly shown that man always has this inate need to be better and do better.

Question? Where is the link between the brain and physical evolution? We are not talking about technological evolution as that never existed on the early earth (so says history) so show me the link between Physical evolution and the brain.
Re: If Evolution Was True! by Ranchhoddas: 7:07pm On Oct 05, 2016
adjoviomole:

Why did land animals move into the water n evolve to water creatures?

So dis animals should have invented something that can make them liv and move under water na! cheesy grin grin
I am not an authority on evolution. It's a topic I find boring so I only try to acquaint myself with the fundamentals. Ergo, I do not have an answer that would satisfy your query.
Re: If Evolution Was True! by raphieMontella: 7:12pm On Oct 05, 2016
adjoviomole:

So technology is now evolution now abi ? I don hear una o grin cheesy
baba...you dont know what evolution is...

I'll repeat again..
Fire?
Clothes of fur?
Clothes?
Advanced tech?
And stop codons?..

Pls...take time...and ''connect'' each of them to ''cold'' or whatever you're saying...

One more hint...
Anything that can affect our survival/''interacts'' with us
and can be passed on genetically /can lead to mutations or development of features to suit that ''anything''...is subject to evolution
(if you can grab..grab)

1 Like

Re: If Evolution Was True! by raphieMontella: 7:16pm On Oct 05, 2016
4everGod1:

Afterall under the law of natural selection[/b]wings are important as they would save us the cost for air travel...Abi birds that fly from continent to continent need visa or flight ticket money?

Evolutionists claim [b]natural selection
happens out of neccessity to adapt so are wings not an adaptive feature for man to have with all this traffic gridlocks and flight travel rates?

oga sire..@bolded...
Natural selection is not the sole driving factor of evolution...
Re: If Evolution Was True! by 4everGod1: 7:17pm On Oct 05, 2016
DeSepiero:

Guy, there's so much desperation in your post.
Do you expect Seun to have the appropriate answer to all these questions (both right & wrong)? Do you even understand the significance of your questions?

People study evolutionary biology in 3 years for a Doctorate, and here you are thinking you'd grasp it all in one argument.

At most, Seun has only a 'basic' understanding of evolution, just enough for him to hold his belief. Same as you; barely enough to hold your unbelief.

Take it slow.

Seun is always quick to jump on threads he sniffs the word EVOLUTION on and vehemently wants to prove he is something of an authority therein.

That being said I asked a very intelligent and relevant question along the highly acclaimed lines of NATURAL SELECTION. Why is man beibg the pinnacle of evolution unable to have the perfect evolutionary processes from other lesser creatures he allegedly evolved from?

We do not have thick skin or thick scales like crocodiles do to protect us from bodily harm, we have an average eyesight vision, an average sense of smell unlike dogs do, we have an average hearing and cannot hear sound on every frequency, we do not have strong jaws like those of certain animals,

Somehow "lesser" creatures beat us to the best of these things...Does this not make a joke of the law of natural selection where th strong is meant to kill off the weak?
Re: If Evolution Was True! by 4everGod1: 7:19pm On Oct 05, 2016
raphieMontella:

oga sire..@bolded...
Natural selection is not the sole driving factor of evolution...

Oga it is the main driving force.....according to evolutionists it helps in adaptation and mutation which end result is evolution...True or false.
Re: If Evolution Was True! by 4everGod1: 7:22pm On Oct 05, 2016
raphieMontella:

I'll repeat again..
Fire?
Clothes of fur?
Clothes?
Advanced tech?
And stop codons?..

Pls...take time...and ''connect'' each of them to ''cold'' or whatever you're saying...

One more hint...
and can be passed on genetically /can lead to mutations or development of features to suit that ''anything''...is subject to evolution
(if you can grab..grab)

Question: Did the alleged initial evolutionary processes need the assistance of a brain or intelligence? Or have you forgotten you all claim evolution is a random process? So how and why would intelligence or inventions affect it or hinder it?
Re: If Evolution Was True! by Ranchhoddas: 7:31pm On Oct 05, 2016
4everGod1:

Ranchie The development of the Brain does not and cannot in any way impede evolution as evolution did not even need the brain to occur in the first place.

Did the single cell they claim we evolved from have a brain? Inventions do not impede physical evolution.

Herein is the fallacy of evolution.

Teleportation machines should not stop one from evolving to it physically as well afterall science had clearly shown that man always has this inate need to be better and do better.

Question? Where is the link between the brain and physical evolution? We are not talking about technological evolution as that never existed on the early earth (so says history) so show me the link between Physical evolution and the brain.

I am not sure I understand your question. The brain does not cause evolution. It is a product of evolution. An evolved and most likely still-evolving organ. Only traits necessary for adaptation and survival are developed. Teleportation and flying are not.
Re: If Evolution Was True! by raphieMontella: 7:45pm On Oct 05, 2016
4everGod1:

Question: Did the alleged initial evolutionary processes need the assistance of a brain or intelligence? Or have you forgotten you all claim evolution is a random process? So how and why would intelligence or inventions affect it or hinder it?
the brain is a product of evolution...and is subject to it...
And if by initial..you mean ''molecule to man''...
DTOE is not evolution...it is subject to evolution...and i dont know about DTOE sire..
Re: If Evolution Was True! by DeSepiero(m): 7:46pm On Oct 05, 2016
4everGod1:

Seun is always quick to jump on threads he sniffs the word EVOLUTION on and vehemently wants to prove he is something of an authority therein.

That being said I asked a very intelligent and relevant question along the highly acclaimed lines of NATURAL SELECTION. Why is man beibg the pinnacle of evolution unable to have the perfect evolutionary processes from other lesser creatures he allegedly evolved from?

We do not have thick skin or thick scales like crocodiles do to protect us from bodily harm, we have an average eyesight vision, an average sense of smell unlike dogs do, we have an average hearing and cannot hear sound on every frequency, we do not have strong jaws like those of certain animals,

Somehow "lesser" creatures beat us to the best of these things...Does this not make a joke of the law of natural selection where th strong is meant to kill off the weak?

I quite agree with the first sentence of this post of yours. But the last sentence is wrong.
Re: If Evolution Was True! by raphieMontella: 7:50pm On Oct 05, 2016
4everGod1:

Oga it is the main driving force.....according to evolutionists it helps in adaptation and mutation which end result is evolution...True or false.
true..but let me adress something
in a football team..the strikers(forwards) are the main goal scorers...but they are not the only goal scorers...
Even a goal keeper can score a goal...
Re: If Evolution Was True! by Seun(m): 8:26pm On Oct 05, 2016
4everGod1:
I suggest you read this your post again so you would see how crazy this theory sounds.
It doesn't sound crazy to the vast majority of scientists, particularly biologists, who are very intelligent and rational people.

So DNA can help fast track everything and in the process we pass through looking a cell to fishlike to then human all in 9 months yet you say evolution helps us adapt by altering certain features like giving fish legs right? So the baby in the womb was it conceived and start growing with legs in the womb? Remember ot began from a simple single cell so to you thats not what evolution depicts.
Evolution alters the features of animals by changing the DNA code that determines what they will grow up to become. The process of altering the DNA is driven by random mutations and natural selection, which is slow. The process of development of an animal from DNA is fast.

You also mentioned natural selection....Evolutionists declare that man is the pinnacle of evolution yet via the same law of natural selection man could not borrow the best from all other of his evolutionary processes.

We still do not have the best eyesight of all creatures, We do not have the best smell (nose), We do not have the strongest jaw, We do not have the ability to regrow lost limbs like lizards regrow tails, we do not have the ability to camouflage ourselves like chameleons do, we do not have the greatest hearing for all sound frequencies, and so on.

The law of natural selection should have easily dealt with this problem but no it did not but somehow other "lesser" animals got the best of these aforementioned things....
This is actually more of an argument against creation and intelligent design. The bible teaches that man was created in the image of a perfect God, so it must be baffling to you as a believer that God hasn't designed us to have the best eyesight, smell, jaw strength, regeneration, etc.

The theory of evolution says nothing about man being the pinnacle of evolution. Some scientists would argue that bacteria are the 'pinnacle' of evolution because they are the most abundant creatures on earth. There are more bacterial cells than human cells in the body of a human.

We don't have the best eyesight, smell, hearing, strength, healing, etc because the mutations to improve these features either never happened or didn't improve our chances of survival when they happened. Evolution is a process riddled with imperfections. It's not divine design.

when you reason it deeply I am sure even you would have doubts about evolution as its filled with suppositions and probabilities and outlandish assumptions with questionable or no proof besides the cloak and dagger story of it taking billions of years to happen.
For me it's easy to accept 'suppositions' that make perfect sense, are supported by abundant evidence, and are accepted by most scientists.

So if we as humans are billions of years from the first evolutionary process this clearly states that we are still evolving which was why I I gave the example of human reproduction..... If 50 million people 1000yrs ago began reproducing then by now we would have had 250million or more reproductive cycles individually yet with no evolutionary change in sight or even the slightest hint of it.
We have seen some evolutionary changes. I mean, why do different ethnicities look so different when we all come from the same ancestor(s)?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Evolution Was True! by adjoviomole(m): 8:44pm On Oct 05, 2016
raphieMontella:

I'll repeat again..
Fire?
Clothes of fur?
Clothes?
Advanced tech?
And stop codons?..

One more hint...
(if you can grab..grab)

But u ppl said d animals dat are der don't have furs before, but dey evolved dem.
Re: If Evolution Was True! by Seun(m): 9:20pm On Oct 05, 2016
adjoviomole:
They moved into water because they developed mutations that allowed them to satisfy their nutritional needs by eating fish and plankton.

4everGod1:
Actually, you don't have to be an expert on evolution to respond to the religiously motivated criticism of evolution that we often see here.
Re: If Evolution Was True! by adjoviomole(m): 9:36pm On Oct 05, 2016
Seun:

They moved into water because they developed mutations that allowed them to satisfy their nutritional needs by eating fish and plankton.

Actually, you don't have to be an expert on evolution to respond to the religiously motivated criticism of evolution that we often see here.

Dey developed mutations like the gill? Dis gill was it fully developed wen dey wer on land, or wen dey got to the water?.
Re: If Evolution Was True! by Seun(m): 9:43pm On Oct 05, 2016
adjoviomole:
Dey developed mutations like the gill? Dis gill was it fully developed wen dey wer on land, or wen dey got to the water?.
Whales and dolphins (which evolved from land animals) don't have gills. They breath through modified nostrils at the top of their heads, known as blowholes. They can hold their breath much better than we can, but if they can't get to the surface to breathe, they will drown, just like us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkX6Qn1XeBs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Evolution Was True! by adjoviomole(m): 9:49pm On Oct 05, 2016
Seun:

Whales and dolphins (which evolved from land animals) don't have gills. They breath through modified nostrils at the top of their heads, known as blowholes. They can hold their breath much better than we can, but if they can't get to the surface to breathe, they will drown, just like us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkX6Qn1XeBs

And from what land animal did the whale evolve frm?
Re: If Evolution Was True! by Seun(m): 10:11pm On Oct 05, 2016
adjoviomole:
And from what land animal did the whale evolve frm?
This page is a good starting point for answers to all your questions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_cetaceans
Re: If Evolution Was True! by adjoviomole(m): 10:15pm On Oct 05, 2016
Seun:

This page is a good starting point for answers to all your questions: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_cetaceans

Have read it all bfore. What about the seal and platypus and utter?
Re: If Evolution Was True! by Seun(m): 10:22pm On Oct 05, 2016
adjoviomole:
Have read it all before. What about the seal and platypus and utter?
What's the religious relevance of these endless biology questions? Will the details of how seals evolved change your view on evolution?
Re: If Evolution Was True! by adjoviomole(m): 10:36am On Oct 08, 2016
Seun:
What's the religious relevance of these endless biology questions? Will the details of how seals evolved change your view on evolution?

It is endless because, both ur evolutionary findings are not complete, the fossil records are put down based on assumptions based on the incomplete fossils found.
Re: If Evolution Was True! by Seun(m): 11:00am On Oct 08, 2016
adjoviomole:
It is endless because, both ur evolutionary findings are not complete, the fossil records are put down based on assumptions based on the incomplete fossils found.
If you're skeptical of reasonable assumptions based on incomplete physical evidence and logic, you should be far more skeptical of unreasonable assumptions based on a mythical story written in a scientifically inaccurate book.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christians,please Meet Brian Deacon The Man Who Is Regards As Jesus Christ / Tell Me The Religion Of Adam, Etc, The Religion Of Jesus. / Is It Right To Honour Or Worship Mary The Mother Of Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.