Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,554 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

.. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / .. (1144 Views)

A False Prophecy Forced Us To Marry, Now I Want A Divorce – Man Cries Out / When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.. by gibbi(m): 4:26pm On Sep 30, 2016
Re: .. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 30, 2016
Ask any family member in Lagos if he or she has a lawyer as an acquaintance or friend.. If no? They should assist in getting a competent lawyer for u, that will give u the details on how it's done.. I hope this info helps.
Best of luck in your divorce proceedings ahead.
Re: .. by missjo(f): 5:37pm On Sep 30, 2016
I think you have to be present in court for a divorce proceeding,but let's wait for those in the know.
Re: .. by Favorite1: 6:02pm On Sep 30, 2016
Provide the court certificate of marriage which is given upon performing the court marriage ceremony. Without that, the marriage cannot be annulled in a court or so I was told at the license office.
If no marriage cert,the marriage can only be annulled /dissolved from a customary court in the lga where the marriage ceremony took place. So if it is just trad and church, it is left to the pastor of the church to register the marriage at the customary court closest to the church where the ceremony was held. If he pastor is negligent in doing that, OYO o!
so I was told at the registry ooo!!!
Re: .. by diva90: 3:33am On Oct 01, 2016
Excuse my curiousity but what is the reason for your request for annulment?

1 Like

Re: .. by ibkn(m): 4:46am On Oct 01, 2016
please contact me.
it all depends on the attitude of the spouse towards the divorce and also some portions of the law allow evidence in absentia

(1) (Reply)

It's Fine As Long As It's The Woman Hitting The Man. / Edmark Network! Build Your Family / How To Play The Acoustic Guitar And The Electric Guitar Part 3 Anatomy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.