Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. (43696 Views)

"My Wife’s Beauty Makes Me Sleepless, I Want A Divorce" - Zimbabwea Man To Judge / “I Want A Divorce Because I Want To Go To School” – 17 Year Old Girl Cries Out / A False Prophecy Forced Us To Marry, Now I Want A Divorce – Man Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Toks2008(m): 9:19pm On Jun 06, 2016
Everyday we see couples getting joined together in holy matrimony.We have seen countless pre-wedding pictures and often times many travel to different choice countries to have their wedding ceremony.Lots of money is expended and the glamor of solemnization can not be over emphasized.

But ironically,if the two divorce,it is done with such levity and many people who witnessed the joining together will hardly know the same couple are no longer together and i tend to wonder how unfair it is that so much noise was made when the wedding was one but if they choose to go separate ways,it is never done with same funfair.

Lets think about it,I believe if Governments across the globe makes a constitution that guides marital dissolution, we just might see some sanity coming into the institution and many will think twice before embarking on the marriage or divorce.

The following conditions will make lots of sense.

1.That a government official will supervise the spending on a wedding ceremony and ensures that same amount is spent on the divorce.

2.That all expenses must be shouldered by the erring partner or the faulty partner risks 20 years in prison.

3.Divorce invitation cards must be printed and served to guests and equal number of invitees present at the wedding must be present for the divorce and the divorce ceremony must hold in the same venue used for the wedding ceremony.

4.Divorce cake must be made.

5.Same Musical band must be invited and foods and drinks adequately served.

6.Every other details involved in the joining together must be present in the dissolution process.

If this measure is put in place guess there will be sanity in marriages and maximum respect will be accorded to this great and sacred institution created by GOD.

I hope this makes sense.

138 Likes 23 Shares

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Fiwasayo(f): 9:31pm On Jun 06, 2016
grin As hilarious as this may seem,and as much as I hate to agree with op sad it kinda makes sense to me smiley

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Toks2008(m): 9:34pm On Jun 06, 2016
Lalasticlala do you agree with me?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Toks2008(m): 9:34pm On Jun 06, 2016
Fiwasayo:
grin As hilarious as this may seem,and as much as I hate to agree with op sad it kinda makes sense to me smiley

Yes o

1 Like

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 06, 2016
I didn't know toks2008 has a sense of humor, this just cracked me up grin grin

There's hope for you yet wink

6 Likes

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by richidinho(m): 9:39pm On Jun 06, 2016
Fiwasayo:
Meaning?

1 Like

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Fiwasayo(f): 9:49pm On Jun 06, 2016
richidinho:

Meaning?

Meaning...couples will think twice before contemplating divorce,the humiliation of it all,financial implications etc They will rather try to work it out,EXCEPT,when the issues are totally irreconcilable.

9 Likes

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by sinaj(f): 9:51pm On Jun 06, 2016
Lol

Wetin concern govt for husband nd wife matter grin

Nice post tho

4 Likes

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by richidinho(m): 9:52pm On Jun 06, 2016
Fiwasayo:

Meaning...couples will think twice before contemplating divorce,the humiliation of it all,financial implications etc They will rather try to work it out,EXCEPT,if the issues are totally irreconcilable.

grin
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by dollyjoy(f): 9:55pm On Jun 06, 2016
Lol.
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by greatgod2012(f): 10:05pm On Jun 06, 2016
Lol........

Very funny!

op, most marriages that ends with divorce are usually embittered. It is out of that bitterness that makes one to prefer walking away or the two agreeing to go their separate ways.

Many people who got divorced do not really wish they're divorcée, they probably can't take it again, they've been probably pushed to the wall, hence, their resort to separation/divorce.

90% of divorcee are not happy being divorced, but they take consolation in "being divorced is better than being dead", hence, their choice.

Now, that being said, if the measures you put up there are to be adopted, first remember that no one actually loves to celebrate failure, unhappiness, unfulfillment. No one will want people to know that he/she has failed in that area, no one will want to spend money on what do not make them happy.

However, as you have opined, if the govt should make such laws as you have recommended, it may truly bring sanity to the marital institution, but not totally, because some people after being totally fed up with the marriage, will instead kill himself, or the spouse or both than celebrating divorce.

In a nutshell, if govt should put up these measures, there will be so many horrible stories of spouses killing themselves.

My own suggestion............ if your marriage is or has become life-threatening, simply walk out before it is too late. It is only when one is alive that such can remain married.
May God help us.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by ronald4lif(m): 10:13pm On Jun 06, 2016
Lol, methink this would have an adverse effect. Once divorce becomes a funfair people won't feel ashamed or fear stigmatisation as divorcee, they will just divorce more quicker. I really think it may be worse off.

2 Likes

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by JoeCutie(m): 10:16pm On Jun 06, 2016
I agree with you, Op, but there's one very important condition that'd make lots of sense if included in that list.

* If the man met the woman a virgin (or vice versa), and eventually deflowered her, for the divorce to be successfully effected, he must undo what he did. He must seal her back to being a virgin. cheesy cheesy cheesy How will you deflower me and divorce me on top? Is it how you use to do? angry You must seal me back oh
. grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by HopeAlive14(m): 10:19pm On Jun 06, 2016
I am sure that if the amount of energy and money spent towards wedding is also spent towards divorce, the couple will have a rethink before divorcing.

It is ironical that a wedding one spends sleepless nights and money to perform can just be terminated within a twinkle of an eye.

1 Like

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Cutehector(m): 10:21pm On Jun 06, 2016
Toks2008:
Everyday we see couples getting joined together in holy matrimony.We have seen countless pre-wedding pictures and often times many travel to different choice countries to have their wedding ceremony.Lots of money is expended and the glamor of solemnization can not be over emphasized.

But ironically,if the two divorce,it is done with such levity and many people who witnessed the joining together will hardly know the same couple are no longer together and i tend to wonder how unfair it is that so much noise was made when the wedding was one but if they choose to go separate ways,it is never done with same funfair.

Lets think about it,I believe if Governments across the globe makes a constitution that guides marital dissolution, we just might see some sanity coming into the institution and many will think twice before embarking on the marriage or divorce.

The following conditions will make lots of sense.

1.That a government official will supervise the spending on a wedding ceremony and ensures that same amount is spent on the divorce.

2.That all expenses must be shouldered by the erring partner or the faulty partner risks 20 years in prison.

3.Divorce invitation cards must be printed and served to guests and equal number of invitees present at the wedding must be present for the divorce and the divorce ceremony must hold in the same venue used for the wedding ceremony.

4.Divorce cake must be made.

5.Same Musical band must be invited and foods and drinks adequately served.

6.Every other details involved in the joining together must be present in the dissolution process.

If this measure is put in place guess there will be sanity in marriages and maximum respect will be accorded to this great and sacred institution created by GOD.

I hope this makes sense.
i watched all this in a movie... cool

5 Likes

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by dedons: 10:23pm On Jun 06, 2016
This post no just make make sense at all.

Click like if you agree with me and share if you disagree.

10 Likes 27 Shares

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Ishilove: 10:23pm On Jun 06, 2016
I totally agree

1 Like

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Flinger: 10:24pm On Jun 06, 2016
shocked Divorce cake though cheesy

1 Like

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by mesmer: 10:24pm On Jun 06, 2016
greatgod2012:
Lol........

Very funny!

op, most marriages that ends with divorce are usually embittered. It is out of that bitterness that makes one to prefer walking away or the two agreeing to go their separate ways.

Many people who got divorced do not really wish they're divorcée, they probably can't take it again, they've been probably pushed to the wall, hence, their resort to separation/divorce.

90% of divorcee are not happy being divorced, but they take consolation in "being divorced is better than being dead", hence, their choice.

Now, that being said, if the measures you put up there are to be adopted, first remember that no one actually loves to celebrate failure, unhappiness, unfulfillment. No one will want people to know that he/she has failed in that area, no one will want to spend money on what do not make them happy.

However, as you have opined, if the govt should make such laws as you have recommended, it may truly bring sanity to the marital institution, but not totally, because some people after being totally fed up with the marriage, will instead kill himself, or the spouse or both than celebrating divorce.

In a nutshell, if govt should put up these measures, there will be so many horrible stories of spouses killing themselves.

My own suggestion............ if your marriage is or has become life-threatening, simply walk out before it is too late. It is only when one is alive that such can remain married.
May God help us.
Hmmm! Great response.

2 Likes

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Princelegacylemoha(m): 10:25pm On Jun 06, 2016

1 Like

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by allansie(m): 10:25pm On Jun 06, 2016
Op,we shall start wit u
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Olukokosir(m): 10:26pm On Jun 06, 2016
Lol
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Mskrisx(f): 10:26pm On Jun 06, 2016
E for make sense o

But who wan do that one... When everybody they vex
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by mesmer: 10:27pm On Jun 06, 2016
JoeCutie:
I agree with you, Op, but there's one very important condition that'd make lots of sense if included in that list.

* If the man met the woman a virgin, and eventually deflower her, for the divorce to be successfully effected, he must undo what he did. He must seal her back to being a virgin. cheesy cheesy cheesy How will you deflower me and divorce me on top? Is it how you use to do? angry You must seal me back oh
. grin
Nice sense of humor! You just made my day with this one. Lol

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Beno3: 10:28pm On Jun 06, 2016
Cool!
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 06, 2016
greatgod2012:
Lol........

Very funny!

May God help us.
Nice write-up u got dear and so accurate as well.
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by favourboy1(m): 10:30pm On Jun 06, 2016
aye mi o, this post front page sad
Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by JoeCutie(m): 10:30pm On Jun 06, 2016
[quote author=mesmer post=46338632][/quote]Thanks, bro. smiley

2 Likes

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jun 06, 2016
There will be more ceremonies involving food, music and a cake? grin
Sign the freakish bill! I love parties. grincheesy

Toks2008 for Presdient! gringrin

1 Like

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 06, 2016
JoeCutie:

* If the man met the woman a virgin, and eventually deflower her, for the divorce to be successfully effected, he must undo what he did. He must seal her back to being a virgin. cheesy cheesy cheesy How will you deflower me and divorce me on top? Is it how you use to do? angry You must seal me back oh
. grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Lol.Humourous!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When You Get An Invitation To A Divorce Ceremony. by MissSlimbody(f): 10:36pm On Jun 06, 2016
Yeah, it does.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Marriage Still Rocks: Two Nairalanders Celebrate A Decade Of Pure Love / ‘she Holds Vigil Any Night I Demand For Sex; Says Our Kids Are Not Mine’ / Mistake Married Women Make

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.