Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

Advise To Church Pianists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Advise To Church Pianists (328 Views)

RCCG Female Worker Sent Back Home For Wearing This To Church (Photo) / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advise To Church Pianists by marhoinspire: 5:06pm On Sep 30, 2016
Greetings
I'm very sure we have lots of professional pianist around

In my 10 years of playing I have encountered verious categories of pianist.

1. Those who know what thy are playing
2. Those who think thy know what thy are playing yet thy don't know.
3. Those who don't know what thy are playing.

I have seen pianists who can play various chords progression but when you interrupt them and ask what's the name of the chord thy just played, thy don't know yet thy play very well.
Some of us don't know the function of a diminished chord yet we use it a lot.

The truth is that most of us lacked proper
foundation .
I hear things like " abeg who get chord progression to igew by midnite crew" What kind of a pianist are you?

If you know your basics chords, scales, modes, you dont need any one to teach you how to play a particular song or chorus. Train your ear very well.

You call youself a professional pianist yet you still transpose: what a shame.
Take time out and work on yourself, don't just depend on someone to send you chord progression everytime.

I just put together these Beginners lesson for those who are interested to learn and improve their playing.
You can drop your email or whatsapp number so I can send the lesson to you directly.
Its free.

Source: [url] http://marhosp..co.ke/2016/09/knowing-what-you-are-playing.html?m=1[/url]
Re: Advise To Church Pianists by enm(m): 9:17pm On Sep 30, 2016
omoraro@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

What Is This Life? / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today / Working Out Your Own salvation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.