Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,169 members, 7,821,962 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Oni Confers 2face And Gbenga Adeyinka As Ambassadors Of His New Initiative - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oni Confers 2face And Gbenga Adeyinka As Ambassadors Of His New Initiative (578 Views)

Big Church Foundation Unveils Ali Nuhu, Falcons As Ambassadors For Social Change / Pepsi Signs Dj Cuppy, Dj Spinall, Dj Xclusive, Dj Obi As Ambassadors / Glo Signs Olamide, Timaya, Juliet Ibrahim & Joselyn Dumas As Ambassadors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oni Confers 2face And Gbenga Adeyinka As Ambassadors Of His New Initiative by SeyiAyorinde(m): 6:39pm On Sep 30, 2016
The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi has announced music legend, TuBaba Idibia as the ambassador of his new initiative called Violence Free World. This announcement came on Thursday, September 29, 2016 at his palace when he revealed the singer to his subjects and the public generally.
Other co-ambassadors of the initiative were comedian, Gbenga Adeyinka 1st and entertainment entrepreneur, Cally Ikpe. They were equally unveiled to the public.
Speaking on the occasion, the monarch urged the new ambassadors to take his trust in them seriously as he believes they have achieved so much, that they can make positive impacts in preaching a violence free world. He said:
“I want to stress that you should understand that this role you are given should not be taken with a pinch of salt. You have all shown exemplary acts in the Nigerian entertainment world and over the years, you all have individually and collectively given your voice to ending violence in our world.
“I will urge you to strive harder to ensure you preach peace and unity everywhere you go and be an ambassador of the initiative which I believe we youths have to combat the act of terror and violence in the world,”
Reacting to the investiture, the ”African queen” crooner said:
“For me, the Ooni has just exemplified the true essence of the type of monarch we need at this point in Nigeria. His love for preaching and making peace has been the mantra of his reign and I’m glad to be part of that mantra.”
TuBaba’s counterparts, Gbenga Adeyinka 1st said he is more than happy to be honoured by the respected monarch even though he had always been a peace ambassador while Cally Ikpe, who is widely known for his TV show, Da New LiveBeats and the Nigeria Music Video Awards, said he is glad to be part of the initiative.

(1) (Reply)

How I Ran Away From Home To Baba Sala - King Sunny Ade / See What Obama Was Seen Doing In A Lagos Restaurant (photo) / Chidinma Okeke Aka “mz Cucumber”s Prize Car Have Been Seized From Her See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.