Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,721 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria (25337 Views)

Buhari Releases White Pigeon At 56th Independence Anniversary (Photos) / Buhari's 56th Independence Day Speech (Full Text) / Goodluck Jonathan's 56th Independence Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by JackieMay(f): 7:29am On Oct 01, 2016
danose99:
..Wow..What a bright mind
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by amodu(m): 7:30am On Oct 01, 2016
God Bless Nigeria
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by Davecafary(m): 7:31am On Oct 01, 2016
Happy Independence day to my fellow Nairalanders. We should have every cause to celebrate Nigeria in spite of the recession and the tough time we are going through, we keep coming out stronger and better. Not many countries would have been able to survive what we all have been able going through and still keep pushing on, hopeful for the best. Resilient, undaunted, survival of the fittest and dogged Nigerians, that what we are and would always be. Think about these things; what if we had to keep running helter-skelter from the troubles of war, missiles from jet fighters, burning and killing of innocent souls. What if we all have to wait at refuge camps for NGOS and UNICEF to bring us relief materials and so many devastating things happening in some other countries. But here we are, not experiencing any of these things, living in peace and harmony, living through this tough time for greater things to come and also for God's mercies over this our great country. With this I say happy birthday to my great nation Nigeria. God bless Nigeria and God you all my fellow Nairalanders.
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 01, 2016
Happy Birthday to all Nigerians.
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by juman(m): 7:34am On Oct 01, 2016
The apc government is obviously not a good leadership.
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by Okeycima: 7:35am On Oct 01, 2016
Celebration of mediocrity,nepotism and advanced tribalism and favoritism without adhering to the laws of nature and God or trying to enshrine the tenets of true democracy or federalism. A joke of a country
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by seguntijan(m): 7:37am On Oct 01, 2016
MILITARY Regime or any form of Dictatorship with a leader that has political will and DEVELOPMENT DRIVE is the best for NIGERIA. I have not come to tell you that Dictatorship is the best but we need Discipline. We need a regime that will say This should be this and it will be, that should that and vice versa. Democracy that I know gives unnecessary freedom, A freedom that when you are given food you will be asking if it is your Local Delicacy? Is it not just for you to eat and be healthy and go on with your business. Democracy is also expensive to maintain, Democracy is a system of majority and we all know that majority is always wrong as can be found in the Quran, "And We did not find in most of them any (faithfulness to) covenant, and We found most of them to be certainly transgressors".(7: 102) and the Bible also says "Matthew7:13-14 -Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction,and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life,and only a few find it." majority are poor and you expect them to decide with their head or stomach? Majority are illiterate and you are finding miracles in their choice of leader? Majority are morally bankrupt and they still decide who to become the leader. Majority are often wrong most times especially in this time where sentiments have beclouded our judgement. Democracy will not breed Development in this country. This is not but connected with our plurality nature. In anything you do Merit cannot be justified , things must be done to fulfil various interest. No Matter how good an agenda or a programme or a policy You will need to look at IGBO FACTORS, NORTHERN FACTORS, YORUBA FACTORS, MINORITY FACTORS, CHRISTIANITY FACTORS, ISLAM FACTORS , PDP FACTORS, APC FACTORS and so on.
Therefore to me for NIGERIAN to grow we need leaders that will neither be Ibo, Yoruba, Hausa, any of the ethnic group, muslim nor christian but a NIGERIAN NATIONALIST in religion, party and orientation then we can move forward. Democracy is just a western ideology which might be good for them but obviously hasn't been good for us, let our political scientist design another system of government for us considering our diverse culture and take lessons from our failure in the military regime and democracy regime. Not until then, I see nothing good coming out of our system of Democracy.
Tijani S. M
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by clevvermind(m): 7:39am On Oct 01, 2016
do not shiver, do not faint in heart cos Nigeria will rise again.
happy independent day. wishing u a blissful month.
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by busolakun(m): 7:39am On Oct 01, 2016
We got this independent too early. Why, because we are not matured enough to govern ourselves, hence our present conditions.
Let the present people in government do the needful and put the nation in the path of greatness. Let's have a vision of building a great nation by annexing all God's given resources to serve humanity. This can be achieved by rendering selfless service. Don't still money meant for national development as all the past leaders has done.
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by liongirl: 7:40am On Oct 01, 2016
THUNDER fire u which independance we are still dependent on them. dont give holiday i continue staying at home without one kobo after 4 months no salary
GenBuhari:
Happy Independence Day Nigeria!

I hail my people.

Greetings to Una.

May all our endeavours be fruitful.

The gods of our land shall continue to protect us from all enemies of Nigeria.

May the gods guide our leaders to deliver on their promises and punish their enemies.

Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 01, 2016
CHYMZZY:
Thanks To my ßrother Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe for seeing the need of Intergration of different black race to form a one big nation.
No man is an island, for together we can live to actualize a greater NIGERIA..

The igbo's have contribute a lot to this great nation, like wise the hausa's and yourba's ..
Lets live together as one..
Ethnic / religious Sentiments wont get us anywhere.

I love Nigeria, Nigeria my country, if you care lets re built Nigeria..
Happy independence day Nigeria.

Nnamdi Azikiwe integrated Nigeria and Nnamdi Kalu is about disintegrating her.What a twist of fate!

1 Like

Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by sarzwizard(m): 7:43am On Oct 01, 2016
Do we ever reflect? At this point in this country,Nigeria/Nigerians should be going through sobber reflection. Is nigeria worth celebrating at 56th? Are we free? This is worst than colonialism. Goodmorning.
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by daveteb(m): 7:45am On Oct 01, 2016
Hope is knowing a positive outcome awaits you. It is not only expecting a dream to come true but having a deep assurance that it is within your reach.

~GOODMORNING
~HAPPY NEW MONTH
~HAPPY INDEPENDENCE NIGERIA

God Bless Nigeria.

from all of US at EXCEL AQUATIC VENTURES (08069786158)
...Think Catfish, think Excel!
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by iambijo(m): 7:47am On Oct 01, 2016
outstandingsyll:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! cool
happy birthday plumpy bae I wish you LLNP

1 Like

Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by akinbode1(m): 7:47am On Oct 01, 2016
God bless Nigeria
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by elskillful: 7:52am On Oct 01, 2016
Happy 56th Inependence 9ja,proud to be a Nigerian.
A saying goes "not how far but how well".Nigeria has really come this far @56 but how well has she gone ?
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by CHYMZZY(m): 8:06am On Oct 01, 2016
nyben4eva:

Nnamdi Azikiwe integrated Nigeria and Nnamdi Kalu is about disintegrating her.What a twist of fate!

Your evaluation, abi?
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by RedArrow: 8:09am On Oct 01, 2016
Celebrating Naija @ 56

1 Share

Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by GdexFolami(m): 8:11am On Oct 01, 2016
GenBuhari:

No celebration is planned.

Things can only get better.

Our thoughts should be with the governor of the CBN at this time for the safe return of his wife who has been kidnapped. And indeed with all victims of kidnapping; may they return home safely today.
ur wish has been granted man.The lord z good.
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by Laid2001: 8:14am On Oct 01, 2016
Happy birthday to my dear country.!
i pray that may the almighty grant our leaders the wisdom to pilot this country successfully. I pray for enduring peace and harmony. I pray for economic recovery in short time.

I then pray that, all those who does not want this country to recover from this recession, may they not be alive to see it!. those that wants violence to reign in this country, may the peace of this country happen behind them!

And to those who are shouting break, break, I implore them to go look on google for Niue a country of 1600 people yet it has political parties and government structures. How many Niue can we get from Nigeria!

JackieMay:
it's amazing how many Nigerians are quick to condemn their country when we, in fact, are the problem. As long as you keep thinking, I'm 'Biafran' so I shouldn't be in Nigeria, I'm Yoruba so I'm superior to every other tribe, as long as you keep telling your children, you're a Christian, so you shouldn't associate with Muslims, or you're a Muslim so you shouldn't associate with Christians because they're unbelievers, as long as we keep allowing ethnicity to stand between us, and religion to divide us, as long as we're too blind to realize that even if we denounce Nigeria, and claim citizenship of another country, our roots are still in Nigeria. As long as we still do all thus, Nigeria ain't going nowhere.
Happy Independence Nigerians
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by Evakinqz: 8:17am On Oct 01, 2016
ritababe:
happy independence day Nairalanders

cc.
evakinqz
johnsown1
Cherrybrown
Ozila
osymerga
wish yhu same dear
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by krissconnect(m): 8:19am On Oct 01, 2016
I won't be surprised if police starts arresting people that wear any other colour other than green and white. #buharisregime
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by EternalTruth: 8:31am On Oct 01, 2016
JackieMay:

then what kind of animal are you?
olosho keep quiet... I didnt quote you.
Domiciled and gullible Zombie
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by JackieMay(f): 8:35am On Oct 01, 2016
EternalTruth:
olosho keep quiet... I didnt quote you.
Domiciled and gullible Zombie
I'm too sensible for e-fights. you're moronic. end of story
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 01, 2016
Happy Birthday to a country whose dollar rate is N500. E go beta......please you guys should check my write up" things to do if I become president" in politics section or click my profile to view the topic. feel free to commend, add your list and condemn. Grasias
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by wasuka14(m): 8:36am On Oct 01, 2016
Happy Independent Anniversary to you all Nigerians. Recession or no recession am happy to be alive today and in peace. Thank God we are not in war. By God grace recession will soon go, even in zimbabewe and Ghana they came out of recession. Thank God for today anniversary, Long life Nigeria.
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by EternalTruth: 8:38am On Oct 01, 2016
JackieMay:

I'm too sensible for e-fights. you're moronic. end of story
ugly nymphomaniac get a life. Ashawo
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by JackieMay(f): 8:43am On Oct 01, 2016
EternalTruth:
ugly nymphomaniac get a life. Ashawo
e pain am grin
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by talk2israel(m): 8:44am On Oct 01, 2016
Can you all imagine...A man at 56yrs old still crawling...that's Nigeria for you. Still a developing country..hmmmm. Oluwa will intervene.
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by jamace(m): 8:45am On Oct 01, 2016
HOW WE SHARED NIGERIA MONEY BY HON. ABDULMUMIN JUBRIN
"I got N650 million as my running cost as the Chairman of Appropriation Committee.
■Speaker Yakubu Dogara got N1.5 billion,
■His Deputy Yusuf Lasun got N800 million.
■House Majority Leader Femi Gbajabiamila got N1.2 billion,
■Deputy Majorty Leader Buba Jibrin got N1.2 billion.
■House Whip Alhassan Ado Doguwa got N1.2 billion,
■Deputy House Whip got N700 million.
■House Minority Leader Leo Ogor got N1.2 billion,
■Deputy Minority Leader Onyema got N800 million.
■Minority Whip got N700 million,
■Deputy Minority Whip got N700 million.
I have documents to back up all these."

Those sharing Nigeria;s money are the ones celebrating their loots, not the poor, famished ordinary citizens.
Re: Happy 56th Independence Anniversary Nigeria by warrenweste(m): 9:29am On Oct 01, 2016
Wish Funmi Adams was around to give us a lovely independence song at the stadium cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fresh Attack:hoodlums Burn Buhari/apc Campaign Vehicle In Enugu(photos ) / NJC Advises Buhari To Confirm Tanko Muhammad As Substantive CJN / Yoruba Elders Disown Igboho Over Secession: 'We’ve Invested So Much In Nigeria'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.