Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,312 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

Independence? Nigeria's Worst Mistake Ever. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Independence? Nigeria's Worst Mistake Ever. (1002 Views)

Happy Independence Nigeria! / These Are Nigeria’s Worst 2016 Politicians / Buhari Is Nigeria's Worst President Says Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Independence? Nigeria's Worst Mistake Ever. by BankeSmalls(f): 5:04am On Oct 01, 2016
It made me laugh when I hear people comment on the independence day as if it's something to be happy about. We should mark this day as the NATIONAL DAY OF MISTAKES. This was the day some bunch of Africans decided to exchange their freedom for slavery.

When I look at the railways, the mines and other good business being carried out by the whites during colonialism, I think Nigeria should have done better with a white leader as before.

How can you explain the worst mistake of all, an illiterate, old, certificate less, inexperienced, uncooperative, corrupt, computer illiterate is voted to lead a country with the highest number of professors in the world.

What were you all thinking when you voted or supported this mistake of a president?

Something is wrong with this country. What kind of blunder is this?
Re: Independence? Nigeria's Worst Mistake Ever. by yeyeboi(m): 5:07am On Oct 01, 2016
U dey ves o shocked
Re: Independence? Nigeria's Worst Mistake Ever. by xeexo(m): 5:11am On Oct 01, 2016
It is not all about professors, if it is, with the number of professors we have, why isn't our tertiary university moving well??
Re: Independence? Nigeria's Worst Mistake Ever. by BankeSmalls(f): 5:15am On Oct 01, 2016
xeexo:
It is not all about professors, if it is, with the number of professors we have, why isn't our tertiary university moving well??

Because the leadership is bad!

Decades of military rule destroyed a lot of institutions including the university. Illiterate army officers like Buhari never cared about our universities or any tertiary institutions. How can an illiterate know how to manage a school, he lacks the capacity to understand such things.

1 Like

Re: Independence? Nigeria's Worst Mistake Ever. by BankeSmalls(f): 5:18am On Oct 01, 2016
I think the names of everyone that voted for this man should be prepared. They should be prosecuted for spoiling Nigeria with their votes.
Re: Independence? Nigeria's Worst Mistake Ever. by BankeSmalls(f): 5:28am On Oct 01, 2016
Nigeria is in slavery, there is no independence.
Re: Independence? Nigeria's Worst Mistake Ever. by Histrings08(m): 6:26am On Oct 01, 2016
Yea, I agree with the op, our founding fathers should av waited a little

2 Likes

Re: Independence? Nigeria's Worst Mistake Ever. by xeexo(m): 9:39am On Oct 01, 2016
BankeSmalls:

Decades of military rule destroyed a lot of institutions including the university. Illiterate army officers like Buhari never cared about our universities or any tertiary institutions. How can an illiterate know how to manage a school, he lacks the capacity to understand such things.

So you telling me since 1999, it has been an illiterate that has been the vice chancellor of any universities. Nah, those profs also are corrupt... I will say I can't praise Buhari but to me, he's trying even though his policy isn't really helping the economy. He's better than the past administration ruling Nigeria, who left Nigeria in debts.
Re: Independence? Nigeria's Worst Mistake Ever. by BankeSmalls(f): 3:02pm On Oct 01, 2016
xeexo:

So you telling me since 1999, it has been an illiterate that has been the vice chancellor of any universities. Nah, those profs also are corrupt... I will say I can't praise Buhari but to me, he's trying even though his policy isn't really helping the economy. He's better than the past administration ruling Nigeria, who left Nigeria in debts.

I take it you are suffering from memory loss, which kindly wiped off your memories from 1970 till 1998. Meet a doctor for medications.

2 Likes

Re: Independence? Nigeria's Worst Mistake Ever. by BankeSmalls(f): 3:04pm On Oct 01, 2016
Histrings08:
Yea, I agree with the op, our founding fathers should av waited a little

Exzctly, it would have saved us from the unfortunate set of leaders we keep recycling. It will not surprise me for our people to support Shehu shagari to return back and rule his great grand children in a computer age.
Re: Independence? Nigeria's Worst Mistake Ever. by xeexo(m): 4:27pm On Oct 01, 2016
BankeSmalls:

I take it you are suffering from memory loss, which kindly wiped off your memories from 1970 till 1998. Meet a doctor for medications.

Lol. I laugh at your response.
Re: Independence? Nigeria's Worst Mistake Ever. by davidif: 11:47pm On Sep 23, 2017
BankeSmalls:
It made me laugh when I hear people comment on the independence day as if it's something to be happy about. We should mark this day as the NATIONAL DAY OF MISTAKES. This was the day some bunch of Africans decided to exchange their freedom for slavery.

When I look at the railways, the mines and other good business being carried out by the whites during colonialism, I think Nigeria should have done better with a white leader as before.

How can you explain the worst mistake of all, an illiterate, old, certificate less, inexperienced, uncooperative, corrupt, computer illiterate is voted to lead a country with the highest number of professors in the world.

What were you all thinking when you voted or supported this mistake of a president?

Well you can blame Zik, Awolowo, Tafawa Balewa and the others who agitated for independence for that but most importantly, blame Emeka Ifeajuna, Nzeogwu for the first millitary coup that killed off some off our best and brightest and lead us down the path to civil war but by far the worst culprit is Aguiyi Ironsi who used the coup as an opportunity to become head of state and change Nigeria from a federal republic into a unitary state instead of executing the coup plotters for murder and turning over power to parliament or the deputy prime minister.

All the Nigerians screaming for restructuring or for us to practice true federalism forget that we used to do that back in the day until the infamous "Decree 34" passed by Ironsi. This is by far the most devastating thing the millitary ever did to the country. Instead of a country where the regions manage their resources, we have this mess.

The really sad part is that Azikiwe the so called Lion of Africa could have intervened as the President of the republic but chose not to do here we are ever since.
So when you see the likes of IBB, Abacha, Buhari and co. in office, you know who to blame. None of this guys would have ever left the barracks had it not being for the coup of '66 but thanks to Major Kaduna "I too sabi" Nzeogwu look where we are today.
Re: Independence? Nigeria's Worst Mistake Ever. by Rossikki: 12:08am On Sep 24, 2017
BankeSmalls:

You are very ignorant and clueless.

What ''railways, mines, and other good business'' are you talking about?

Were they not built SOLELY for export purposes by the British?

What happened to the export proceeds?

Why was Nigeria an undeveloped bush in 1960, after 63 years of uninterrupted white rule and export of our resources?

How many power stations did they build? 0

How many universities did they build? 0

How many expressways did they build? 0

How many industries did they build? 0

Name me one major hospital they built that you know of.

I can't think of any.

Why were most of our grandparents illiterate village peasants?

Why was the literacy rate 10% at independence?

Today it is nearly 80%, courtesy of investment by succeeding black govts in mass public education.

Fact is the colonialists came here to loot. Not to build.

You need to understand the economic rationale for colonialism.

It doesn't include making YOUR life better, but rather, the lives of the the people of the colonising country.

Right now, YOU, are brainwashed and hypnotized by their white skin.

You equate white skin with success and efficiency, forgetting that it is not skin colour that determines how well a group of people will govern, but their INTERESTS.

And if their INTERESTS do not include making YOU developed and self- sufficient, they will NOT govern you the right way, and will LOOT your resources instead, and leave you underdeveloped. Just like they did before.

So please, learn to use your common sense and quit asking your enslavers to return and enslave you further.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Independence? Nigeria's Worst Mistake Ever. by ZKOSOSO(m): 12:27am On Sep 24, 2017
The same Britain ensured an illiterate wild Animals from the stocks of Fulanis continue to rule the vastly sophisticated Nigeria on their behalf to continue the under development of Africa. To them, Nigeria is just a market and looting ground for West and Fulanis.

Nigeria as it is today is doomed...!

Outright division only.......would work..!!
Re: Independence? Nigeria's Worst Mistake Ever. by juman(m): 12:58am On Sep 24, 2017
One nigeria is the mistake.

Always bad "leaders".

Another president that understand what good governance is, is needed.
Re: Independence? Nigeria's Worst Mistake Ever. by juman(m): 1:02am On Sep 24, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
The same Britain ensured an illiterate wild Animals from the stocks of Fulanis continue to rule the vastly sophisticated Nigeria on their behalf to continue the under development of Africa. To them, Nigeria is just a market and looting ground for West and Fulanis.

Nigeria as it is today is doomed...!

Outright division only.......would work..!!

Try to remember those useless presidents from the south.
Re: Independence? Nigeria's Worst Mistake Ever. by Blue3k(m): 1:25am On Sep 24, 2017
BankeSmalls:

Oh the Irony. It's on record he cared enough to Graduate at US Army War College. It's funny the leaders comeback home and don't care much.

(1) (Reply)

83 Soldiers Still Missing Including A Commanding Officer - Army Is Ill Equipped / One Dies As Protest Turns Bloody / PHOTO: Atiku With Bishop Of Sokoto, Bishop Matthew Hassan Kukah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.