Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Nigerian Airport Customs And The Issue Of "foodstuffs" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Airport Customs And The Issue Of "foodstuffs" (1111 Views)

Boko Haram Raids Borno Village Of Foodstuffs Then Sets It Ablaze / Boko Haram Terrorists On The Run Abandoning Foodstuffs And Vehicles (photos) / 33 Suppliers Of Foodstuffs To Boko Haram Arrested (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Airport Customs And The Issue Of "foodstuffs" by kech(f): 4:49pm On Oct 15, 2009
Ok guys, I need info on this. What are the laws regarding carrying "foodstuffs" when travelling out of the country. Why do they always make one feel like they are carrying contraband? Every time I travel out of Nigeria, I have to "drop" something because of my foodstuff. They say if I don't, they'll have to have it quarantined (which I'll pay for and may take forever) and I may possibly lose my foodstuff. I know they are lying but I just pay the money cos after waiting in a long queue for it to get to my turn, I don't want any hassle or unnecessary delay at the airport. Now I've made it a point not to be a mugu no more  angry angry so guys, for those of you who travel out with foodstuffs all the time, how do you do it? What are the "laws" regarding this? Do they actually have any? I need to know cos this time I'm ready for  them.  angry See trouble ooo. If the country I'm going to says I can bring them in what's the problem here?

* By "foodstuffs" I mean stuff like Dryfish, Okporoko and the likes of it.  grin grin
Re: Nigerian Airport Customs And The Issue Of "foodstuffs" by tunyus(m): 8:35pm On Oct 15, 2009
u should no what is obtainable in naija,
just bribe them like N1000,they will allow u to pass without LET or HINDRANCE, lol

(1) (Reply)

Terrorism: Is Nigeria A High Risk Country? / Femi Otedola Dropped From World's Richest List / Nsa Aliyu Gusau Resigns (unconfirmed Report)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.